PDA

View Full Version : Need help, not connectable

SingaBoiy
03-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Got a strange problem. A few weeks ago I started to be unconnectable on my pc. I have ports forwarded properly. On the other pc, it is connectable. I have forwarded both pcs like they should be yet this one cant connect. :blink:

Im clueless on this one :(

EDIT: oh yea, I use BitTornado 0.3.7, tried upgrading and downgrading. Tried several different clients with no luck.

erRor67
03-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Did u change anything recently? Perhaps new software, firewall or hardware. Make sure u forward ur ports both on ur firewall and router. Erm, double check i guess to. Make sure they are the correct ports. And try a different torrent. Perhaps that torrent has bad users?

SingaBoiy
03-08-2005, 08:14 AM
It was a few weeks ago so i cant remember any new software. I was figuring it was a software problem. The connection problem isnt just one torrent. Its all site/trackers. No firewall running.

Oh yea, just remembered... I was using the pc w/o it connected to the router and it had no problems. So its a router problem. Dont get it though....

SingaBoiy
03-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Just formatted my hd so its not a software issue...

{I}{K}{E}
03-09-2005, 10:05 AM
did you try changing ports? which ports do you use now for bittorrent?

SingaBoiy
03-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Ive changed ports several times. But after I formatted, I finally tried changing again and it worked.

Maybe the router had my settings saved and when I changed, it made it look my pc was a different one.

lynx
03-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Make sure you've got a static IP address on your PC. If you've got one that's allocated by your router you will have to change your port forwarding every time your IP address changes, unless you've got uPNP capability.

SingaBoiy
03-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Yea, its static.