PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Game?

SpecialAgentPunk
03-08-2005, 07:35 AM
What is the scariest game? I have never played a game that scared me... I'm in dire need of one. Has anyone heard about the HP Lovecraft game coming out? Is that supposed to be good?

DarthInsinuate
03-08-2005, 09:33 AM
System Shock 2 - well the first 10 minutes of it at least, i was too scared to play anymore, so i wouldn't know about the rest

Ghettofabb1047
03-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Yo resident evil when our byyourself at night gets me especially when stuff pops out (RE2)

Snee
03-08-2005, 09:08 PM
They say Doom 3 is right up there withSS2, haven't tried D3 yet myself, tho'.

Otherwise, the RE and Silent Hill titles rawk.

And I guess Dino Crisis could do in a pinch.

freak
03-08-2005, 09:08 PM
There are no scary games... At least IMO silent hill games are very creepy though.

namzuf9
03-08-2005, 10:00 PM
The original Silent Hill, in the dark, with the sound pumping out your sound system, creepy as feck :unsure:

spelunker121
03-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Doom 3 in the dark has some pretty scary moments (volume up loud)

silent h3ro
03-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Doom 3 in the dark has some pretty scary moments (volume up loud) The scarriest part of Doom 3 is when u walk up to the mirror and u see urself change into a zombie. Other than that the game isnet that scary.

Guyver
03-08-2005, 10:20 PM
The Suffering.

silent h3ro
03-08-2005, 10:22 PM
The Suffering. Agreed. :01:

Peerzy
03-08-2005, 10:42 PM
The Suffering.

This is scarier than The Suffering;

http://dogcaps.com/photos/gallery/tina_purp2.JPG

Snee
03-08-2005, 10:51 PM
This is scarier than The Suffering;

http://dogcaps.com/photos/gallery/tina_purp2.JPG
Agreed. :01:

cpt_azad
03-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Agreed. :01:

Double agreed. :)

Doom3 has it's moments, but u need a machine that can play it the way it was meant to be played, otherwise it's not as good.

Smith
03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
The silent hill series or resident evil. D3 is scary at first, but it gets predictable after awhile.

abu_has_the_power
03-09-2005, 01:20 AM
the suffering is prob one of the freakiest games. doom 3 gets really repetitive. u know pretty soon that an imp is gonna pop out of that corner, or some zombie's gonna wobble towards u. but suffering is just creepy and scary

silent h3ro
03-09-2005, 02:08 AM
My mom is scarrier than Doom 3, LOL.

kurse
03-09-2005, 08:04 AM
DOOM 3 is the scariest game I've ever played. There is a part where you hear voices. A little girl crying for help. It was so clear, you feel as if the person was behind you. Especially when your wearing headphones playing in the dark at night. Scarry Stuff!

newcombe6
03-09-2005, 04:22 PM
cold fear is pretty good. has a lot of jumpy moments - and is extremely atmospheric.

obviously this depends on what you call scary doesnt it. some poeople like the 'jump out of cupboards' stuff while others find slow burning physchological scaryness scary

cant beat the original silent hill, all the resi evils, and system shock 2 - excellent atmosphere in all of them

cpt_azad
03-09-2005, 11:57 PM
DOOM 3 is the scariest game I've ever played. There is a part where you hear voices. A little girl crying for help. It was so clear, you feel as if the person was behind you. Especially when your wearing headphones playing in the dark at night. Scarry Stuff!

ya, that part really freaked me out :fear: when that chick is like "my baby!" i was just freakin out, i was playing it on my 5.1 system and yes the sound was eerily crisp+clear, and those bloody footsteps :no: .

as for the suffering, yes indeed, it's scary+creepy, more on the creepy side.

silent h3ro
03-10-2005, 12:55 AM
ya, that part really freaked me out :fear: when that chick is like "my baby!" i was just freakin out, i was playing it on my 5.1 system and yes the sound was eerily crisp+clear, and those bloody footsteps :no: .

as for the suffering, yes indeed, it's scary+creepy, more on the creepy side. Theres no chicks in Doom 3. :blink: :fear:

TheDave
03-10-2005, 01:15 AM
i feel like a fanboy cos i always say this but..

eternal darkness pwns all for scuryness

cpt_azad
03-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Theres no chicks in Doom 3. :blink: :fear:

it's that one part in alpha labs where u kill a bunch of imps and u wait for like 3 seconds at the top of the stairs and u hear this little girl that says "follow me!" in a very creepy voice, then u see these "bloody" footsteps come out of nowhere and start "walking" towards this one locked door.....the door opens, and u hear her say "quick, over here!" then you go in, now keep in mind that i was playing this in 1 straight go at about 2 am at night locked up in my room w/ the sound a little higher than it should be on the sound system (got complaints from my neighbour the next day, no matter). after u follow her in, well, find out for urself there's a video of it floating around somewhere.

silent h3ro
03-10-2005, 01:55 AM
it's that one part in alpha labs where u kill a bunch of imps and u wait for like 3 seconds at the top of the stairs and u hear this little girl that says "follow me!" in a very creepy voice, then u see these "bloody" footsteps come out of nowhere and start "walking" towards this one locked door.....the door opens, and u hear her say "quick, over here!" then you go in, now keep in mind that i was playing this in 1 straight go at about 2 am at night locked up in my room w/ the sound a little higher than it should be on the sound system (got complaints from my neighbour the next day, no matter). after u follow her in, well, find out for urself there's a video of it floating around somewhere. Whoa thats really creepy. I never saw that part. :( Wtf. :frusty: Do u know exactly which chapter it is?

ofbz
03-11-2005, 12:44 AM
...find out for urself there's a video of it floating around somewhere.

i wanna see it...

any clues where to get it...

abu_has_the_power
03-11-2005, 12:59 AM
it's that one part in alpha labs where u kill a bunch of imps and u wait for like 3 seconds at the top of the stairs and u hear this little girl that says "follow me!" in a very creepy voice, then u see these "bloody" footsteps come out of nowhere and start "walking" towards this one locked door.....the door opens, and u hear her say "quick, over here!" then you go in, now keep in mind that i was playing this in 1 straight go at about 2 am at night locked up in my room w/ the sound a little higher than it should be on the sound system (got complaints from my neighbour the next day, no matter). after u follow her in, well, find out for urself there's a video of it floating around somewhere.

oh i remember that part. u walk through the door and something happens and u come back out. i forgot

silent h3ro
03-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Cold Fear?

Adster
03-13-2005, 04:39 AM
alone in the dark
the suffering
silent hill

Supernatural
03-14-2005, 09:47 PM
http://digilander.libero.it/gohan25/cover/playstation/Spice%20World.jpg

:shudders: