PDA

View Full Version : Feedreader and nzbs

vivitron 15
03-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Right, so I quickly got fed up of doing headers in order to find stuff to download, so like many I started to visit nzb sites, in order to automate my downloading more. I predominantly use 2: nzbzone.com and dvdrs.net. This is fine, but sometimes it is annoying to have to wade through loads of posts in order to find something i want...what i wanted was a way to better see the new posts from the old.

So, I downloaded Feedreader (www.feedreader.com) and have set it up to read the rss feeds from each of these sites. It runs in the taskbar, and refreshes the feeds every 10 minutes, downloading lists of the most recent 20 nzbs posted to each forum. This way, when i get in on a night, i can just flick through the posts on my pc, and mark the mas read/unread, in much the same way as reading the subject lines of a load of emails - opening only those which appeal to me.

What this means is that I can keep up to date without having to wade through loads of posts on a website - thus reducing their traffic, and saving me time.

Its the future of free-nzbs I tell ya :D

btw: Does anyone know of any better rss feed readers than feedreader.com? This one was the first I tried, and it does the trick, but im always open to suggestions..maybe something smaller (cpu ram) and maybe with a few more nice features? dunno - any suggestions?

{I}{K}{E}
03-08-2005, 12:15 PM
What also can try is when using Newsleecher search for files in a certain group this way you only download the headers from the files you want.

Currently you can also use their 'super search' for free

vivitron 15
03-08-2005, 12:38 PM
yeah, i have found that to be a great way of getting stuff if i know what im after, and use the rss way for when im just browsing and grabbing stuff that takes my fancy :)

Vargas
03-08-2005, 12:48 PM
i use feedreader, but of the others i've tested RSS bandit is pretty good as well
http://www.25hoursaday.com/weblog/content/binary/rssbandit_wolverine.gif
http://www.rssbandit.org/