PDA

View Full Version : stupid box.... (story that goes no where)

TheDave
03-10-2005, 12:02 AM
got a freeview box today. good thing was they said it may have cosmetic changes, which it didn't. one difference is that it's interactive which the argos website said it wasn't. not bad for £35 i'd say. cept the stupid fucker keeps crashing, its really slow to react to the remote anyway and the light doesn't always flash to tell me it's responding. before it locked up so i turned it off and on. then when it started responding again i had the overlay but no video or sound. i unplugged the aerial and it electricuted me, i painfully managed to get the plug back in but it didn't fix it. i ended up unplugging it from the mains then plugging it back in, my tv went wacky but it started working again eventually. anyway it crashed while i was scrolling through channels, on radio1 so it could be worse. they played like 3 good songs in a row but then the last few were wailing fucks, i hate wailing fucks. then some guy babbled on for a bit, now i'm undecided on this song. i'm gonna say it's "ok". wtf.... is that the thunderbirds theme? i think ive redecided that some uk garage kicks ass, but i'm starting to think thats like saying some chavs are good people, like 1 in 100 songs are good... thunderbirds and drum and bass, i like it. this is the second time uk garage impressed me today. before i was walking up from the chemist with swabs for my mum's leg and 12 metres of coaxial for hanging her, j/k. see that, a poor joke, i'm good at them. in case anyones interested; my mums leg is mending well. the bones actually growing well and progress is fast for once. anyway back to the story. i was walking back up through the estate and saw freddy mercury (i don't know wtf he was doing walking through a council estate either). back on topic i was walking back up and someone has speakers on their windowsill and there was some kickass ukgarage playing into the street, well it was actually grass with a pavement round it. i decided everyone should play music too loud so people walking the street could hear it, the world would kick ass then. old people would complain but killing them is easy. wow, thats a pretty impressive wordbrick and nothing of any significance was said. i considered using capitals but that would make it too easy to read. i thought about paragraphs but the point of this post was an inane wordbrick; the bigger the better. hmm, cup of tea and a paracetomol. i have a bit of headache, but it seems to have faded while giving you one. i'm burning up so i'll keep one on the side just incase. if theres anything i need *sniff sniff* it's a bath. one more thing; lilmiss. join the audioscrobbler geppers

Smith
03-10-2005, 12:09 AM
eerrrmmm...:blink:

TheDave
03-10-2005, 12:10 AM
eerrrmmm...:blink:
:lol:

tesco
03-10-2005, 12:12 AM
wickid. :)

Rick Phlegm
03-10-2005, 12:17 AM
That's an amphetamine post if ever I saw one.

TheDave
03-10-2005, 12:20 AM
i dont need drugs to talk shite :01:

Rick Phlegm
03-10-2005, 12:24 AM
It's the sheer volume and speed of shite that does it.

I salute your pish-talking capabilities. :01:

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 12:28 AM
:blink:

No, but we need 'em to read your posts. :tokesaway:

Heh heh, electrocution must have done wonders for your dodgy barnet.

TheDave
03-10-2005, 12:36 AM
it made my finger hurt for about 20 minutes :(

MCHeshPants420
03-10-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm going to hand that in for a piece of creative work when I start my module.

TheDave
03-10-2005, 12:41 AM
yeah! who needs grades anyway?

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 12:41 AM
it made my finger hurt for about 20 minutes

I'm not surprised if you were only typing with one finger. :blink:

TheDave
03-10-2005, 12:45 AM
being electocuted fool :gheyrollyeyessmiley:

the typing was done by my pet dog

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Aha, I'm a fool cos you stuck your finger in a plug socket. :blink:

:pointsandlaughs:

TheDave
03-10-2005, 12:53 AM
no no no no, it was the aerial

though i probably could have done it without earthing it... through myself... for 30 seconds

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 12:56 AM
:blink: Must smoke more, then re-read "Dave's Adventures in La La Land."

What exactly did you want me to do, and why? :blink:

TheDave
03-10-2005, 01:00 AM
join teh geppers on audioscrobbler. then you can prove that you're more punk than manker :shifty:

tesco
03-10-2005, 01:02 AM
join teh geppers on audioscrobbler. then you can prove that you're more punk than manker :shifty:
:ohmy: I have one of thems!!! :D
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/rossco_2004/

TheDave
03-10-2005, 01:04 AM
join teh geppers. remember though, cheese reserves the right to ban you for a larf :ermm:

vidcc
03-10-2005, 01:05 AM
TV has made it as far north as yorkshire? :ohmy:

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 01:06 AM
What is it?
Does it hurt?
Where is it?
Have you seen my lighter?

:blink:

tesco
03-10-2005, 01:09 AM
it keeps stats of the songs u play and sends them to a site on the interweb. :D
(you have to make an account, and you can join groups)

I joined the geppers. :)

TheDave
03-10-2005, 01:10 AM
free lighters!!! (http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Geppers)

MCHeshPants420
03-10-2005, 01:21 AM
it keeps stats of the songs u play and sends them to a site on the interweb. :D
(you have to make an account, and you can join groups)

I joined the geppers. :)

Cool.:D

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Ooook. :01:

What about cd's n minidiscs though.
Surely it's not a fair percentage of what people listen to. :blink:

Rick Phlegm
03-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Ooook. :01:

What about cd's n minidiscs though.
Surely it's not a fair percentage of what people listen to. :blink:
Sounds like somebody's afraid to face the "more punk than manker" challenge... :shifty:

It'll take into account CDs as well, provided you play them through winamp (or whatever player you got the plugin for)

tesco
03-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Sounds like somebody's afraid to face the "more punk than manker" challenge... :shifty:

It'll take into account CDs as well, provided you play them through winamp (or whatever player you got the plugin for)
too bad it cant count iPod musics too. :(

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Sounds like somebody's afraid to face the "more punk than manker" challenge...

:lol: I don't need to prove that, my Gran's more punk than him.
I don't listen to cd's on the pc, too much effort. :no:

So everyone will know if I listen to Busted?
Oh, the shame. :blushing:

Rick Phlegm
03-10-2005, 01:43 AM
So everyone will know if I listen to Busted?
Oh, the shame. :blushing:
Think you have to listen to a song for a minute or so before it counts.

So you can listen guilt-free for 59 seconds. :01:

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Hoorah. :whistling

How exactly do you know who has played what?
I'm sure this is a big conspiracy agains't me. :unsure:

MCHeshPants420
03-10-2005, 01:49 AM
Hoorah. :whistling

For instance: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Withcheese/

Rick Phlegm
03-10-2005, 01:51 AM
If you join a group (http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Geppers) you can just click on a member's name from the list and it'll show you what they've been listening to.

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Ok, tanks there peeps.
Still think it's a tad spooky. :ph34r:

/starts deleting albums at random. :P

Lilmiss
03-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Sworry, it isn't working. :no:

:music: :crying:

Rick Phlegm
03-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Sworry, it isn't working. :no:

:music: :crying:
Probably for the best, not sure how much Dropkick Murphys one chart could take :ermm: :D

Think you have to add your music folder to Winamp's Media Library thing (Alt+L to get to it). If you've got music scattered all over the place just add the drive.

And don't block winamp with your firewall like I did first time :blushing:

Lilmiss
03-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Ahhhh...ok.
Shall do when I'm soberer. :ermm:

And there's nowt wrong with teh Murphys. :dry:
If I ever marry, I'm asking Ken Casey to do the service. :wub: :swoon:

Urm, you're a Northerner, what does "Yeh deerty miden" mean? :crying:

Rick Phlegm
03-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Urm, you're a Northerner, what does "Yeh deerty miden" mean? :crying:
It basically means that you're a dirty gypo.

Harsh. :(

Lilmiss
03-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Damn, that was from my Gran.

She's just jealous. :unsure:

Rick Phlegm
03-11-2005, 12:46 AM
lilmiss has weegie relatives? :ohmy:

/backs away slowly :ph34r:

Lilmiss
03-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Unfortunatly, yes. Both mother and step mother are Scottish.

When the family visit, they bring there own tent's.
Crazyf*ckers.

(I live in lil Scotland.)
The shame. :blushing: :crying:

TheDave
03-19-2005, 10:22 PM
yesterday morning i was out of bed at about 8:35, got clothed and shit. then at 8:50 there was a knock at the door. yippee my parcel's arrived 10 minutes before the 9am-5pm estimate they gave me. (normally stuff arrives after the deadline, must be the last location on courier routes or something)

everything was what a ordered and in good condition. processor went in motherboard, motherboard went into case. i dont think i even dropped a screw or anything. then i got my old pc and started dismantling it. things were going perfect, i knew i should have stopped because nothing goes perfect for me. first problem; i had the wrong RAM. i had checked my old mobo, i think the RAM just morphed afterwards to embarrass me.

so.... down the lane for some but they wanted to order some in. i had no time for that shit, so on the bus to pcworld where i was to spend 15 quid (not configured the keyboard yet) more than i was quoted if i could wait a few days. then back home to find my 20gig didn't like the new mobo (took 3 or 4 minutes to get through the bios).

i then spent till 6:30pm sitting bored for ben to get in and give me the XP disc then spent into the early hours trying everything to try and install off this dodgy disc which took 40 minutes to do each trial before the error. finally this morning i had a brainwave to use my mum's pc to ask you lot for help. then went for a job interview at a pub :01: we were there a few hours for some reason. anyway when i got back some sexy beast told me about the LBA thing.

that worked first time but now i have no sound, i reckon ive wired the front panel up wrong though. i'll check that now :D

the moral of the story is; nothing goes smoothly it just builds up momentum before crashing :dry:

Snee
03-19-2005, 10:43 PM
got a freeview box today. good thing was they said it may have cosmetic changes, which it didn't. one difference is that it's interactive which the argos website said it wasn't. not bad for £35 i'd say. cept the stupid fucker keeps crashing, its really slow to react to the remote anyway and the light doesn't always flash to tell me it's responding. before it locked up so i turned it off and on. then when it started responding again i had the overlay but no video or sound. i unplugged the aerial and it electricuted me, i painfully managed to get the plug back in but it didn't fix it. i ended up unplugging it from the mains then plugging it back in, my tv went wacky but it started working again eventually. anyway it crashed while i was scrolling through channels, on radio1 so it could be worse. they played like 3 good songs in a row but then the last few were wailing fucks, i hate wailing fucks. then some guy babbled on for a bit, now i'm undecided on this song. i'm gonna say it's "ok". wtf.... is that the thunderbirds theme? i think ive redecided that some uk garage kicks ass, but i'm starting to think thats like saying some chavs are good people, like 1 in 100 songs are good... thunderbirds and drum and bass, i like it. this is the second time uk garage impressed me today. before i was walking up from the chemist with swabs for my mum's leg and 12 metres of coaxial for hanging her, j/k. see that, a poor joke, i'm good at them. in case anyones interested; my mums leg is mending well. the bones actually growing well and progress is fast for once. anyway back to the story. i was walking back up through the estate and saw freddy mercury (i don't know wtf he was doing walking through a council estate either). back on topic i was walking back up and someone has speakers on their windowsill and there was some kickass ukgarage playing into the street, well it was actually grass with a pavement round it. i decided everyone should play music too loud so people walking the street could hear it, the world would kick ass then. old people would complain but killing them is easy. wow, thats a pretty impressive wordbrick and nothing of any significance was said. i considered using capitals but that would make it too easy to read. i thought about paragraphs but the point of this post was an inane wordbrick; the bigger the better. hmm, cup of tea and a paracetomol. i have a bit of headache, but it seems to have faded while giving you one. i'm burning up so i'll keep one on the side just incase. if theres anything i need *sniff sniff* it's a bath. one more thing; lilmiss. join the audioscrobbler geppers

This is the best post I have ever seen.

Thank you.

Lilmiss
03-20-2005, 04:10 AM
then went for a job interview at a pub :01: we were there a few hours for some reason.

Did you get the job then? :blink:
Seems a long time to be hanging around for nowt.

I thinks I knows why that audiothingy doesn't work, and thats cos I'm still on shitty win89. Buuuuuuut, I did a pal a big favour and he is willing to swap his entire pc and moniter with mine in return. Woots! I still have to take the package he is using off there and gather all my shit together, but I get a new puter. :w00t:

Snee
03-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Yesh!

ziggyjuarez
03-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Im not going to read all that :dry:

Lilmiss
03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
But you must!

He blantantly slags you off all the way through that post! :ohmy:

mheheh.