PDA

View Full Version : Mexico Vs Argentina, Soccer.

worldpease
03-10-2005, 03:45 AM
In 30 mins. Mexico will meet Argentina on a friendly match.
As many of you know, Argentina has a 'world cup' level when it comes to soccer, meaning it has been world champion many times,
so lets see how Mexico does this time, I want to be confident
of my team, but Argentina, well, its something. :unsure:

Here inMexico it will be aired in varius networks,
I don't know about the rest of the world, but it could be a good
match by the looks of it.

ziggyjuarez
03-10-2005, 05:31 AM
Let me know how it turnes out because here in the U.S we dont get a lot of soccer (football). Hope mexico wins :clover: la raza :01:

worldpease
03-10-2005, 06:25 AM
lol... Its over now,
the final score was: 1 - 1.
I thought it would be worst.

ziggyjuarez
03-10-2005, 07:20 AM
lol... Its over now,
I thought it would be worst.
i dont understand...no1 wins?

HeavyMetalParkingLot
03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Let me know how it turnes out because here in the U.S we dont get a lot of soccer (football). Hope mexico wins :clover: la raza :01:

Might want to take a look at Fox Soccer Channel.

manker
03-10-2005, 02:07 PM
lol... Its over now,
I thought it would be worst.i dont understand...no1 wins?:lol: :D

Damn Yanks :dry:

ziggyjuarez
03-10-2005, 02:49 PM
:lol: :D

Damn Yanks :dry:
sorry but dont like soccer very much...

manker
03-10-2005, 04:34 PM
sorry but dont like soccer very much...It's alright, I think you demonstrated why not many Americans do like soccer - it's the concept of a draw.

Omgwtfbbq!!11one! No winner!!111 Give me a goddamn refund :dry:

ziggyjuarez
03-10-2005, 06:15 PM
It's alright, I think you demonstrated why not many Americans do like soccer - it's the concept of a draw.

Omgwtfbbq!!11one! No winner!!111 Give me a goddamn refund :dry:
wtf kind of game ends at a draw :lol:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
03-10-2005, 06:26 PM
wtf kind of game ends at a draw :lol:

I think it is like the Special Olympics where they tell all the retarded fucknuts, that even if they lose they are all winners.

manker
03-10-2005, 06:41 PM
I think it is like the Special Olympics where they tell all the retarded fucknuts, that even if they lose they are all winners.Or it could be like forums.

Even if someone posts some decent stuff, when they class all disabled people as retarded fucknuts; you end up viewing him as a loser.

worldpease
03-10-2005, 10:29 PM
I think it is like the Special Olympics where they tell all the retarded fucknuts, that even if they lose they are all winners.
Well, you got one funny concept there. :dry:

ziggyjuarez
03-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Well, you got one funny concept there. :dry:
well it is weird (gay) that a game has no winner.

manker
03-11-2005, 12:10 PM
A draw in soccer is all about the bigger picture.

If the game is part of a league then each team gets one point. So both gain that. However, if a team had won they'd have got three points - so you could either say that both teams lost out on 2 points or both teams gained one point.

Or you could look at the circumstance of the teams involved; if one team is higher in the league, for example, then to get one point out of the game could be considered a victory of sorts - the team higher in the league may consider the solitary point to be an insufficiant reward.

In this case (Mexico Vs Argentina) the game was a friendly, meaning it wasn't part of a competition, therefore the main goal of the teams would have been to try different players, new tactics and so forth. The result is unimportant, to an extent.

Altho' many fans don't see it that way.

So, that's as clear as mud now, eh.

worldpease
03-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Damn, that was exelently put 'manker'!
Hey, might I ask how do you know it? or did you
googled for it?

Peerzy
03-11-2005, 07:49 PM
googled for it?

Its pritty much common knowledge in the UK and other Footballing countrys. Like this week one of the best teams drew 0-0 with a bad team and in the race for the championship when they need to win pritty much every point they saw it as a lose of 2 points, where as the worse team who were fighting to stay above the bottem few teams saw it as a massive victory because they gained a point of one of the best teams in the world.

Man Unt & Crystal Palace btw.

manker
03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
googled for it?I didn't google it. I didn't think I put it that well, Peerzy's is probably more succinct - but I did feel Ziggy deserved an answer after me being a bit sarky earlier in the thread.

Btw, thanks for the reminder, Peerzy. Fecking Chavski :dry:

worldpease
03-11-2005, 11:49 PM
I guess I tend to forget that European people like soccer too,
what Im trying to say is that here in mexico, its the No. 1 sport, unlike the US.
But when I come to think of it, Europe's soccer is considered the best in the world, at least by many people I know here, many of them would rather watch the "EuroCup" than the "Copa America"...
well, it's good to know I'll have some one to talk during the Germany 2006 WorldCup",
in this forum.

DanB
03-11-2005, 11:51 PM
And I know I can speak to Peerzy about the Champions League at least :lol:

Gemby's Mum
03-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, young Dan, but isn't this Chelsea's first foray into the later stages of the CL since ... well .. it's their first foray into the later stages of the Champions League.

A little humility wouldn't go amiss :dry:

DanB
03-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Yes it is their first foray and they are doing really well.

Wouldn't it be funny if they won it first time round? :tehshame:

Its probably also worth mentioning it was a Chelsea player that scored both the goals that knocked Man U out

enough now i think :P

Gemby's Mum
03-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if they won it first time round?No :mellow:

manker
03-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Well said, Gemby's Mum :P

DanB
03-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Well said, Gemby's Mum :P

http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/sexypance.gif

manker
03-12-2005, 03:20 PM
http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/sexypance.gif
http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/ghey.gif http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/whistle.gif

DanB
03-12-2005, 03:28 PM
http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/lamsey_woot3.gif

:unsure: