PDA

View Full Version : BSPlayer name change.

{I}{K}{E}
03-10-2005, 11:15 AM
BSPlayer name change:

Today, 8:00 GMT CET BSPlayer.org and all it's products have been acquired by CodeCodec Inc.
BSPlayer will now be named TCMP5 ("The Core Media Player 5"). Thanks to CoreCodec leader, Ludovic Vialle ("BlackSun") for signing the papers. We hope this acquisition can be for the best of all, and we look forward to acquiring new competition products as soon as possible.

All users who bought a license for BSPlayer will have to buy it again, this time with extra taxes due to CoreCodec's policies. Licenses will be around 75 euros PER YEAR, and will renew automatically. Thanks for understanding.

Our main focus will be bringing our paid customers latest technologies, so they can enjoy a player like TCMP5 will be.

75 euros a year!!!

4play
03-10-2005, 11:28 AM
looks like im going to be using the last version of bsplayer for a long while now.

75 euros a years is plain stupid nobody will pay for that.

danne
03-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh my, guess my friend who actually bought it will be pissed by the fact that "All users who bought a license for BSPlayer will have to buy it again".

Oh well, good thing I don't use bsp (nor tcmp, gotta be one of the worst players out there ^^)

{I}{K}{E}
03-10-2005, 11:40 AM
looks like im going to be using the last version of bsplayer for a long while now.

75 euros a years is plain stupid nobody will pay for that.

I agree and there are many good (free) alternatives. I only use MPC.

Guillaume
03-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks for understanding.

At the least, they're polite.
As expected when you're trying to f*ck someone up the arse. :dry:

But does that mean the free version (such as the one in the k-lite codec pack) will no longuer be distributed? :unsure:

Arm
03-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Mplayers the best. :01: Though it doesnt have a GUI and all the ones I found I either had to install a bunch fo crap for them to work(which I didn't) or were horrably unstable.

Entity101
03-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I have read on doom9.org that BSplayer hasn't been taken over. The messages were the work of a hacker. Though I find it weird that the announcement is still there on the bsplayer forum.