Bolton v Arsenal, 12:15

Southampton v Man Utd, 17:15

Sunday

Blackburn v Leicester, 13:05

Newcastle v Tottenham, 16:00

The first three matches are all on BBC1 :01:

DarthInsinuate
03-12-2005, 11:31 AM
good match-ups as well, this has good potential to be an exciting football weekend :01:

DanB
03-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Sure does, its Arsenal & Man U's only hope of silverware this season too so they will both be going for it

DanB
03-12-2005, 12:44 PM
1-0 Arsenal and El Hadji Thug sent off after 15 minutes

DarthInsinuate
03-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Flamini is playing the wrong sport

DanB
03-12-2005, 02:11 PM
:lol:

So he was the rugby tackler

DarthInsinuate
03-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Boltan played well, and Arsenal didn't take some really good chances, i think both sides will be really disappointed with the result

manker
03-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Gutted Diouf got sent off, he was probably Bolton's best hope of getting a result.

I'm out for the United game later. I know you'll all be wishing them the best :ermm:

DanB
03-12-2005, 02:51 PM
without a doubt :01:

namzuf9
03-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Totters were fucked over by the ref. It should have been 1-1.
The bastard. :angry:

DanB
03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
what do you reckon to a tasty Man U v Arsenal semi final? :01:

MCHeshPants420
03-14-2005, 12:03 AM
what do you reckon to a tasty Man U v Arsenal semi final? :01:

Suits me. :shifty:

Peerzy
03-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Meh, Jose Mourinho will bully Fifa into letting Chelsea back in and they will win it :01:

manker
03-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Meh, Jose Mourinho will bully Fifa into letting Chelsea back in and they will win it :01:UEFA have called Mourinho "the enemy of football" because the ref from the Barca game (1st leg) has quit.

Frisk was a pretty good ref too, fecking Chavski :dry:

Btw, I wouldn't mind a Utd Vs Arsenal semi final. Their defence is rubbish at the moment and I think they're scared of Rooney.

DanB
03-14-2005, 05:03 PM
C'mon, the ref received threats, how the feck is that Jose's fault? :unsure:

He slagged of the ref just like Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex do week in week out in the Premiership.

manker
03-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I've never known UEFA to call anyone the 'enemy of football' before. It's pretty shocking.

I think Mourinho was being a bit petty with his comments about the ref but obviously, his words will influence what the Chelsea fans do wrt threats and stuff - so he does have a degree of responsibility. That said it's the same with Wenger but as far as I know, Wenger - nor SAF - have ever accused a ref of corruption.

That's probably what UEFA didn't like.

DanB
03-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Surely everytime you say the ref did favours for one team that is implying corruption? :unsure:

manker
03-14-2005, 05:32 PM
No. They don't say that, mostly Wenger is pretty clever about his words - except when he called RVN a cheat, outright.

They accuse the referee of ineptitude or of being weak in the face of protestations from the crowd/players. When Mourinho accused Rijkaard of going into Frisk's dressing room, he called the ref and Rijkaard cheats - 'cos that's strictly against the rules.

I think Mourinho is hot headed and doesn't take advice from others, if he'd run his statement past Kenyon, for example, then he would have been advised against mentioning the part about the dressing room, but as I say - he doesn't take advice well.

DanB
03-14-2005, 05:49 PM
I still don't see how that can mean he is the reason for the death threats.

I mean many footballers & managers and also prolly refs have had death threats before,there has never been such outcry and blame placing though

I mean Beckham was hung from a lampost and burnt ffs :lol:

manker
03-14-2005, 06:14 PM
As I say, there is a degree of responsibility on the coach for the effects that his words will have on fans. Mourinho is no more to blame for the threats than any other manager who has slated a ref.

However, in this case one of the best refs in the world has resigned directly because of Mourinho's words and the effects of his words. I don't think Frisk resigned just because of the threats - that was the final straw after having his integrity repeatedly called into question by Mourinho.

DanB
03-14-2005, 06:21 PM
If the conversation did take place then surely that would be the correct outcome?

If he did have a half time meeting with Rikjard thenhis integrity would be questionable and therefore no longer suitable as one of the world's best refs

manker
03-14-2005, 06:31 PM
If the conversation did take place then surely that would be the correct outcome?

If he did have a half time meeting with Rikjard thenhis integrity would be questionable and therefore no longer suitable as one of the world's best refsThat's a big if, Dan.

I reckon Mourinho is talking bollocks. There are officials everywhere in the tunnel at half time and full time to prevent irate players and managers getting to the ref. To presume that Rijkaard somehow evaded all of these people but didn't manage to escape Mourinho's beady eye ... is going too far.

Mourinho made it up on the spur of the moment. But supposing that he really did see Rijkaard going into the ref's room, he should have made damn sure he had proof before saying anything on TV.

Otherwise he just ends up looking like sour grapes.

manker
03-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Meh, otherwise it ends up looking like sour grapes :toocooltoedit:

DanB
03-14-2005, 06:33 PM
:lol: shrivelled and wrinkled.

you been spying on thier changing rooms yourself? :ohmy:

I must admit I do think what he said was probably bollocks too

manker
03-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Yep :D

http://www.Chamionsleague-changingroom-webcams.org

You're gay if you clicked that :lol:

Peerzy
03-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Monday, Mar 14, 2005

Chelsea has read and heard reports about the retirement of the referee Anders Frisk, today and over recent days. We would like to make it absolutely clear that both the club as a whole, and our manager and first team coach José Mourinho, condemn any threats made to Mr Frisk, his family or friends which may have, in any way, influenced his decision to retire as a referee.

If there is any evidence of such behaviour by Chelsea fans then we would totally disassociate ourselves from them and we would welcome any such evidence to be passed to us so we can investigate and take the appropriate action.

:unsure:

manker
03-18-2005, 01:25 AM
:lol:

UEFA shit out - probably because Mourinho threatened legal action, fecking pansies.

MCHeshPants420
03-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Who gets the FA Cup's UEFA place if (somehow) Man Utd get to the final versus Arsenal?

manker
03-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Probably Middlesboro', Villa, Spurs, Bolton or Charlton - whoever finishes 6th in the league. Can't see it being anyone else http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/angel_not.gif

Btw, the CL draw is at eleven today and the UEFA draw is at midday, I think. Good result in the week, mate. Why can't Shearer score like that in the Premiership any more :netty: