PDA

View Full Version : 24

Pages : 1 [2]

maebach
04-18-2006, 09:14 PM
I feel sorry for Jack, but I guess he had to save her.

{I}{K}{E}
04-18-2006, 09:18 PM
lol i know what you're talking about, actually they started using it last episode, i think it's pretty cool though :happy:

Ah, so it is something new. Good, I thought I was going mental. It's a bit cheesy this new music and a bit intrusive as well.

me noticed it too, i dont like it. :ermm:

Cheese
04-19-2006, 12:22 AM
I feel sorry for Jack, but I guess he had to save her.

I think that single mom he was shacked up with was hawter, Audrey looks like a horse.

Peerzy
05-14-2006, 12:00 AM
21 was a good episode, but a bit far fetched. At the start he said it would take 20minutes to land, then 13 minutes later he was told that the jet would be in firing range in 10 minutes. Thats nice then, time to land with 3 minutes to spare, except there no where near they should be.

Still quality show.

chojin
05-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Its such a downer when the program ends. I might wait till the last 3 have been aired and watch them together, I can not keep waiting a week

dilinger
05-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Yes chojin, I know what you mean, right now I'm going to download the newest chapters, I stopped at number 19 so I can watch at least two chapters together.

But I'm very sad cause I see the end coming :cry: ! It's always such a pain for me!!!!!

Do you think there's gonna be a sixth season? :w00t:

Busyman™
05-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Yes chojin, I know what you mean, right now I'm going to download the newest chapters, I stopped at number 19 so I can watch at least two chapters together.

But I'm very sad cause I see the end coming :cry: ! It's always such a pain for me!!!!!

Do you think there's gonna be a sixth season? :w00t:
Post 244

dilinger
05-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Sorry, i didn't see your post :slap:!

That's good news but the problem with these shows is that after a while it's difficult to keep them as good as they were in the beginning.

Hope they'll manage to do it!

the mighty
05-18-2006, 02:32 AM
I hope they set up a cracking season finale. There's something a bit limb about what's going on about at the moment, a lack of urgency almost. Bierko's missle seems to be not that important in comparison to attacks on previous seasons...

Busyman™
05-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Sorry, i didn't see your post :slap:!

That's good news but the problem with these shows is that after a while it's difficult to keep them as good as they were in the beginning.

Hope they'll manage to do it!
They have so far.

I almost had a heart attack on multiple occasions this season.

I think there needs to be a season in another country. China that is.

{I}{K}{E}
05-19-2006, 08:14 AM
I hope they set up a cracking season finale. There's something a bit limb about what's going on about at the moment, a lack of urgency almost. Bierko's missle seems to be not that important in comparison to attacks on previous seasons...

I agree. Season 5 isnt as good as the old seasons :(

muchspl3
05-19-2006, 08:27 AM
WTF did they do with this season? There is 2 hours left.

They basically took a subplot - President Logan's treasonous actions, and made it into the main plot of the show. Where as in the past seasons, this type of subplot would only be used as a hinderance to CTU stopping the terrorists.

Imagine if President Palmer's son murder subplot of season 1, was the main plot of that season. Luckily it wasn't. I'm afraid to say that 24 jumped the shark this season.

Cheese
05-19-2006, 09:36 AM
I agree with your assessement (though maybe not your spelling of "limp"). The first twelve hours were mundane, the next six were good and now it is limping to a finish. I guess that is the risk you run with longer TV seasons, too much filler and not enough killer.

Though it would be silly to consider reducing a show like 24 due to its gimmick. Or would it? Fuck going to China, get rid of the gimmick. No more real time but still have a continuous story-arc within a small period of time. (Just a thought that will never happen, they wouldn't want to upset a tried and tested yet now boring formula...)

Cheese
05-19-2006, 09:39 AM
WTF did they do with this season? There is 2 hours left.

They basically took a subplot - President Logan's treasonous actions, and made it into the main plot of the show. Where as in the past seasons, this type of subplot would only be used as a hinderance to CTU stopping the terrorists.

Imagine if President Palmer's son murder subplot of season 1, was the main plot of that season. Luckily it wasn't. I'm afraid to say that 24 jumped the shark this season.

I'm not sure if it counts as "jumping the shark" but the moment I realised the show wasn't as good as I thought it was was when Teri caught amnesia in episode 16 or 17 of series 1. I actually laughed out loud at that stage and everything else has been downhill since.

dilinger
05-21-2006, 08:18 AM
They have so far.

Yes, I know what you mean : I almost collapsed in the first chapters !

I think what is striking with that show is the facility the scenarists have to kill beloved characters : I miss so much Tony and Michelle :cry:

China is good idea but I think Iran is definitely a place where Jack should go lol ! He'll do China after, first the hottest spots ! :tank:

muchspl3
05-23-2006, 10:20 AM
lol this season kinda sucked, I'll sum up in this rant

I SAID YOU ALL MOTHERFUCKERS WEREN'T READY AND ALL OF YOU LOOKED AT ME LIKE "MOTHERFUCKER WE IS READY" BUT NOW ALL OF YOU KNOW THAT YOU NEVER ARE READY FOR A HEART POUNDING WHITE KNUCKED ASS WHUPPING MOTHERFUCKING STRAIGHT DUCKIN OUT SEASON OF TWENTY MOTHERFUCKING FOE. I'LL TELL ALL OF YOU STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN, AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT ANY OF YOU SAY. JACK IS A STRAIGHT GANGSTA MOTHERFUCKER. YOU SAW HOW HE DID MOTHERFUCKING ROBOCOP NIGGA THINKING MY NIGGA JACK WASN'T THE REALEST MOTHERFUCKER IN THE WORLD. NIGGA MY WORD IS MAD TIGHT MOTHERFUCKER GETTING BLASTED LIKE A FUCKING PUNK ASS FOOL THAT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS.

AND NOW YOU THINK BECAUSE JACK'S UP IN SHANGMOTHERFUCKINGCHINA THAT HE AIN'T READY TO RIDE. JACK STRAIGHT UP TOLD THAT CHINK "KILL ME" BECAUSE HE KNEW THAT YELLOW FAGGOT MOTHERFUCKER WASN'T GOING TO DO SHIT. BRING IT MOTHERFUCKER CAUSE JACK KNOWS HOW THIS GOES AND WHEN HE'S STRAIGHT STANDING ON YOUR PUSSY ASS WALL FUCKING SLANING DICK ON ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS AND WHIPING OUT YOUR 3000 YEAR OLD ASS BACKWARDS EEL EATING FAGGOT ASS CULTURE I'M GOING TO BE RIGHT HERE BABY READY TO RIDE FOR THE 07 AS JACK STRAIGHT FUCKS EVERY ONE OF YOU COMMUNIST ASS FAGGOT MOTHERFUCKERS UP. YOU KNOW HOW WE DO. I DARE A MOTHERFUCKING CHINA CHINK CHARLIE MOTHERFUCKER STEP TO ME IN THE NEXT YEAR BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF YOU'RE FROM CHINA, JAPAN, KORFUCKINGEA I'M GOING TO STRAIGHT GIVE YOU A STARS AND STRIPES STYLE ASS WHUPPING. I DARE A MOTHERFUCKING SLANT EYED FAGGOT TO STEP TO ME AND I'M GOING TO SHOW YOU THAT I BLEED THIS MOTHERFUCKING RED WHITE AND BAUER. SO BRING IT ON AND GET KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT LIKE YOU'RE A BITCH ASS LOGAN MOTHERFUCKER

Dawkins19312
05-23-2006, 06:08 PM
I actually liked this season a lot, despite Palmer, Michelle, and Tony dieing....(didnt care for Edgar).....

Dawkins19312
05-23-2006, 06:09 PM

I agree. Season 5 isnt as good as the old seasons :(
Ranking by seasons:

Busyman™
05-27-2006, 05:02 AM
Oh fuck! I just finished watching 24 and someone at Fox thinks like I do.:happy:

24 in China! Count it!:lol: :lol:

I remember saying (can't remember where exactly) that since Jack resurfaced, Chinamen will get a hold of him and take him to China. 24 in another country as a good change up. It will be about his escape.

It looks they want to use him as bargaining tool.

Busyman™
05-27-2006, 05:05 AM
They have so far.

Yes, I know what you mean : I almost collapsed in the first chapters !

I think what is striking with that show is the facility the scenarists have to kill beloved characters : I miss so much Tony and Michelle :cry:

China is good idea but I think Iran is definitely a place where Jack should go lol ! He'll do China after, first the hottest spots ! :tank:
China directly relates to a current storyline and it offers a change up after 5 seasons.

Good move. I still can't believe it.:idunno:

Cheese
05-27-2006, 11:53 AM
It will be interesting to see if they might just deal with Jack's escape before the next series starts, either in a 10 minute prequel piece or just kick off the season with Jack escaped. They've ditched other plot points quite easily before (the conspirators in series two and Almeda going to prison at the end of series three).

At the moment I reckon he is going to turn up near or in the USA for whatever reason (a mission for the Chinese perhaps or he will already have been used as a bargaining chip), I seriously doubt they will commit to having an entire series set in China. For a start it would take far too long to return to the USA (and are they going to actually film it in China eh?). Though, going by the ridiculous liberties they have been taking with the clock this season who knows? He could break out of a Chinese prison in episode one, run across the Chinese border in episode two and be having an angst ridden moment with Kim in CTU by episode four.

Busyman™
05-27-2006, 12:53 PM
It will be interesting to see if they might just deal with Jack's escape before the next series starts, either in a 10 minute prequel piece or just kick off the season with Jack escaped. They've ditched other plot points quite easily before (the conspirators in series two and Almeda going to prison at the end of series three).

At the moment I reckon he is going to turn up near or in the USA for whatever reason (a mission for the Chinese perhaps or he will already have been used as a bargaining chip), I seriously doubt they will commit to having an entire series set in China. For a start it would take far too long to return to the USA (and are they going to actually film it in China eh?). Though, going by the ridiculous liberties they have been taking with the clock this season who knows? He could break out of a Chinese prison in episode one, run across the Chinese border in episode two and be having an angst ridden moment with Kim in CTU by episode four.
Prison Break in China. It doesn't have to be filmed there. Half of 24 is already filmed in CTU. CTU could have been "in Canada" for all intensive purposes.
Also 24 is watched so much and DVDs sell so well that they can take liberties with it's 2.3 million dollar budget per episode. It cost that much and it still turns Fox a profit.

Also a good TV show like that makes it easier for them to advertise for other TV shows in it's lineup. That was a problem for ABC until it got Lost and Desperate Housewives. Ya can't TV advertise Prison Break on CBS.

add2
05-27-2006, 12:54 PM
so day 6 will be out next year 2007

Cheese
05-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Also 24 is watched so much and DVDs sell so well that they can take liberties with it's 2.3 million dollar budget per episode. It cost that much and it still turns Fox a profit.

My point about liberties being taken was that the real-time clock was being treated pretty much as a joke in the last series. I'm confused as to why the budget would be a factor into this, are you suggesting that because it costs lots of money and makes some profit that they have earned the right to treat their audience like idiots? I'm glad it makes money due to the fact that it would be cancelled if it did not, but otherwise money means fuck all when we are discussing the show on its artistic merits (ie is the ignoring of the time-clock needlessly breaking the fourth-wall).

Prison Break in China. It doesn't have to be filmed there. Half of 24 is already filmed in CTU. CTU could have been "in Canada" for all intensive purposes.
Do you mean "for all intents and purposes"? Anyhow, I'm sure they could just film it on some back-lot with some stock footage of China. Though just remaking an inferior show like Prison Break seems a waste of time. Personally I reckon we will see some resolution of Jack's situation in a prelude piece (like the ten minute piece between seasons 3 and 4*) and Jack will be back on homesoil by series 6(but pretty fucked up from being tortured and the like).

Fans of the show have been talking of Jack going to China since the incident in the Chinese embassy so maybe he will end up going there. At the time it sounded like fanwank (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanwank)which is maybe why I reckon it won't happen/work. Still, there's talk of the film version being filmed in London so perhaps Jack is going to take his own personal brand of pwnage abroad? Whatever, I'm sure it'll make for some passable entertainment.

*I picture a negotiation between the new USA president and the Chinese president, possibly to swap Bauer for some important Chinese prisoner.

Peerzy
05-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah i noticed they fooked up with the clock last season. An episode would end with something happen, say when that gas plant exploded and when the next episode starts shouldn't it be the exact next seconds but it clearly wasn't as CTU where there and Jack was carrying someone out on his shoulders.

Also when on the plane they say the nearest airport is 20 minutes off and fighter jets will shoot them down in 15 minutes. 25 minutes later they land on the freeway :huh:

Busyman™
05-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah i noticed they fooked up with the clock last season. An episode would end with something happen, say when that gas plant exploded and when the next episode starts shouldn't it be the exact next seconds but it clearly wasn't as CTU where there and Jack was carrying someone out on his shoulders.

Also when on the plane they say the nearest airport is 20 minutes off and fighter jets will shoot them down in 15 minutes. 25 minutes later they land on the freeway :huh:
Wow I didn't notice that....and still don't really care. Clock mismanagement on the show is like seeing Jack have black shoes in one cut then brown in the next.
It doesn't make me say, "Wtf, do they think the audience is stupid? What gives them the right to treat us this way?":stars:
I honestly didn't think the audience paid that much attention to how the ran down, even with them popping it up on screen. Hell I bet there was mismanagement throughout it's 5 seasons.
It doesn't spoil the action.

On a side note, I'm glad the seasons are ending now. I've got my tivo down to 50% and new shows won't start 'till after I get back...and it's a smaller number of them for the summer season. I can still catch up on Thief, and so forth without recording new shit and then the new shit (mid-June) will be scarce.

Peerzy
05-27-2006, 11:11 PM
It's not a massive problem but a TV show where the whole idea is that it is based on real time, only for it to not be in real time at all.

Another one i saw was when they were running out the building with that nerve gas into the van with the see through sealed box. The timer had 1 minute when they started running and 1 minute 7 seconds later they got it into the van.

If the show wasn't trying to be in real time but not a big problem but the fact that the whole idea of the show is the real time element kinda spoils it sometimes.

People would start to get pissed off if in Lost you could see cars in the background or the odd plane or boat, or in Prision Break the gate open or holes in the fence.

Busyman™
05-28-2006, 05:05 AM
It's not a massive problem but a TV show where the whole idea is that it is based on real time, only for it to not be in real time at all.

Another one i saw was when they were running out the building with that nerve gas into the van with the see through sealed box. The timer had 1 minute when they started running and 1 minute 7 seconds later they got it into the van.

If the show wasn't trying to be in real time but not a big problem but the fact that the whole idea of the show is the real time element kinda spoils it sometimes.

People would start to get pissed off if in Lost you could see cars in the background or the odd plane or boat, or in Prision Break the gate open or holes in the fence.
Mmk. You focus on the extra 7 seconds and let it bother you. I'll enjoy the rest of the show.

I get what your saying but it means fuck all to me. Call me a less discerning viewer and all o dat. Cool beans.:happy:

Something like that it such geeky small potatoes that it really is along the lines of

seeing Jack have black shoes in one cut then brown in the next.
as you bratlanders say, I can't be arsed.:(

Cheese
05-28-2006, 02:33 PM
I've not noticed those missing seconds that Peerzy points out, rather I was highlighting the ludicrous journey times that were ocurring in this season. Now, we've always had this with previous series but this series they took it to new extremes (hence my taking liberties comment). I don't want to see Jack stuck in traffic for a whole show but neither do I want to be laughing at the silliness of the journey times, it's just bad writing really.

Sadly (well, not really, I love crap TV) I spent a lot of last season laughing.

Peerzy
05-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Mmk. You focus on the extra 7 seconds and let it bother you. I'll enjoy the rest of the show.

I get what your saying but it means fuck all to me. Call me a less discerning viewer and all o dat. Cool beans.:happy:

Something like that it such geeky small potatoes that it really is along the lines of

seeing Jack have black shoes in one cut then brown in the next.
as you bratlanders say, I can't be arsed.:(

I personally didn't notice the 7 seconds but i read about it on another forum.

Like Cheese says, they seem to write the story and then journey times are added in afterwards and change dramatically. He can do one journey in 10 minutes but 3 hours later it takes him 25 minutes. Sometimes they just need to stick slightly more to the real time element and focus the writing around it, not just adding it in as a gimic in the edition process.

asmithz
05-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Wow. I never watched the show in my life, downloaded season one and now im hooked. Best part I get to watch 5 season straight without stopping :-)

technologya
05-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Where u can download the whole season

ironman405
06-01-2006, 02:21 PM
it is the best series i ever saw
i really can't wait to see season 6 that will be realse in janury 2007

Gripper
06-01-2006, 06:47 PM
I still enjoyed it time slips aside, damn sneaky chinese, I think Jacks in for a rough old ride this time.

foobar2000
06-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Great series. Gets a bit formulaic after a couple of seasons. I'm watching season 5 now. Can Keifer do any other role after this, though...

Busyman™
06-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Great series. Gets a bit formulaic after a couple of seasons. I'm watching season 5 now. Can Keifer do any other role after this, though...
The Sentinel. (that is during, however)

nat
06-06-2006, 03:53 AM
do we have a confirmation date on season 6?

Busyman™
06-06-2006, 04:01 AM
do we have a confirmation date on season 6?
Jan. 07. The specific Monday is not set yet.

If Fox decides to air Prison Break and 24 back to back, they will dominate primetime on Mondays for at least 22 weeks.

KyouryokuX
06-10-2006, 06:02 PM
I can't wait for season 6. Quite the cliffhanger at the end of season 5

Busyman™
06-12-2006, 01:43 PM
The 24 Movie is beginning production. It will be shot between seasons 6 and 7. It will not be "real-time".

Skillian
06-12-2006, 02:55 PM
**SPOILERS**

I wonder when/where Season 6 will be set. Surely it can't be where 5 finished, or Jack's gonna have to wear a lot of make up for 6 months of filming.

Busyman™
06-12-2006, 03:31 PM
**SPOILERS**

I wonder when/where Season 6 will be set. Surely it can't be where 5 finished, or Jack's gonna have to wear a lot of make up for 6 months of filming.
I told you before, China damn it.

Skillian
06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
He's on his way to China now, I assume?

It's gonna take a good few months for those wounds to heal...

Busyman™
06-12-2006, 11:29 PM
He's on his way to China now, I assume?

It's gonna take a good few months for those wounds to heal...
It's weird too 'cause I always thought that since he resurfaced that China would wanna get 'im.

I also thought it would be a nice change of pace to have 24 in a foreign country. Hopefully, a good chunk of next season will actually take place there. It would be nice not to have a terrorist plot to blow up America every season.

Busyman
06-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Looks like the next season will involve much action in New York City. The China doohicky will problably be some off-season footnote.:(

HCT
07-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Interview with Kiefer Sutherland

http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,,1811746,00.html#article_continue

Cryogenix
07-09-2006, 01:29 PM
The 24 Movie is beginning production. It will be shot between seasons 6 and 7. It will not be "real-time".
One of the main characteristics of the show was it bein real-time. But yeah, the movie cant be realtime, cause everythings gotta start and come to an end in just 2 hours

Cheese
07-09-2006, 01:36 PM
The 24 Movie is beginning production. It will be shot between seasons 6 and 7. It will not be "real-time". One of the main characteristics of the show was it bein real-time. But yeah, the movie cant be realtime, cause everythings gotta start and come to an end in just 2 hours
They did it in Nick of Time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_of_Time_%28movie%29) (which 24 ripped off).

Cryogenix
07-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Hmm, I didnt watch that.

I would love it, if the movie was real-time too, because all the concept of the series is that its bein real time. The name "24" is also about that, the movie would be crippled if they skip this realtime concept.

Busyman™
07-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Hmm, I didnt watch that.

I would love it, if the movie was real-time too, because all the concept of the series is that its bein real time. The name "24" is also about that, the movie would be crippled if they skip this realtime concept.
Nick Of Time was an excellent movie. However, the real time aspect of it was not focused on the same as 24.

Also, what makes 24 great is not even it's real time aspect. It's the high octane action and it's cliffhangers that make it great.

SSDD_a
07-14-2006, 02:15 AM
one hell of a series really

u should check the 5th season, just awesome

NiKRuLeZ
07-15-2006, 07:56 PM
how many seasons are there?

{I}{K}{E}
07-16-2006, 10:42 AM
how many seasons are there?