PDA

View Full Version : Ares not connecting

Lincoln-Imp
03-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Is anybody else having this problem or does anyone no any way on how to fix it?

erRor67
03-15-2005, 01:27 AM
Are you using a router or firewall? Make sure they are configured properly. And personally, it takes me acouple of minutes to connect. So wait awhile too ;)

hippychick
03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
What I found works is to uninstall ares and then goto www.aresgalaxy.org and reinstall it again.
I use WinXP and It worked for me. :D

Arm
03-17-2005, 04:01 AM
Reinstall Ares. Theres a new update of Ares with superficial updates and more ad-ware to uncheck in installation.

Mr. Mulder
03-17-2005, 10:14 PM
I had a similar problem last month in that it would take around 20minutes for it to connect, the problem eventually sorted it’s self out. Maybe if you left it to connect for awhile if you haven’t already done so, and then came back to it :)

BigDaddy555
03-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Ditto to the firewall...proxy settings?
open control panel, under network check the firewall box if you are behind one, and dont use proxy server.

There is a "check connection" box you can click in the same window. It should ony take about 2 seconds to pass.

Temp turn off the firewall and see if it will work, assuming you have a firewall. If it works, fix your firewall settings.

digmen1
03-21-2005, 04:51 AM
My Ares used to have problems connecting, but for the last 4 weeks it has connected within a minute or so (on 56k dial up).

I think the programmer has (finally) done some work on the network rather than spending time making the program look pretty with all the new colours etc.

Regards

Digby

PS Re-installing over the top used to work well for me.