PDA

View Full Version : J2k4 ????

vidcc
03-15-2005, 02:58 PM
As the drawing room is where we talk most, i am posting here..... what happened to J2K4?

His posts have disappeared and if you click on his name it comes up with geezagonk? has he gone covert?

TheDave
03-15-2005, 03:02 PM
:blink:

manker
03-15-2005, 03:27 PM
All j2's posts have disappeared.

Even if you click on a thread that he's started, his initial post is not there :blink:

TheDave
03-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I read in one of todays newspapers, a very reliable and "independent" one, that Israel has built a mock up of Irans' only nuclear reactor for the purpose of letting their pilots and special forces "prepare for a pre-emptive strike" on the facility in Iran. Apparently a source from the White House has said that it does not oppose any such strike.

Anyone else think this directly contradicts the road map for "peace" so gloriously displayed by George dubya???

:ohmy:

tesco
03-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Was he deleted? :ohmy:

vidcc
03-15-2005, 03:50 PM
:blink:

:ohmy:

are you in training for something today ?
http://www.whitehaven.org.uk/gurn1.jpg

TheDave
03-15-2005, 03:50 PM
i have an odd theory which i dont wanna post, but i don't reckon this thread is appreciated

http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/icke.gif

vidcc
03-15-2005, 04:00 PM
i have an odd theory which i dont wanna post, but i don't reckon this thread is appreciated

http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/icke.gif

Well i started it here to avoid spam...even though there are some light hearted posts.

J2 is one of the few people that i really enjoy debating with. We both get quite heated sometimes in public threads but get on well in PM even when the current topic has us pointing the home defense systems at each other.
The fact that I noticed anyone has gone shows the regard i have for him.

there are those of us that can come and go without being noticed or missed.... J2 is not one of them

manker
03-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Well, your odd theories are always appreciated, by me anyway. Post it, dave :01:

This is teh weird tho' - my non-weird theory is that the database has been corrupted, if that's the case I can't see it being fixed, despite 'back-ups being made every few hours'.

TheDave
03-15-2005, 04:10 PM
nah, it's not my theory

DanB
03-15-2005, 04:56 PM
perhaps he quit in a pique of anger?

seem to remember bibboab asking for his account to be deleted and all his posts too, maybe j2o did the same? :unsure:

Busyman
03-15-2005, 05:48 PM
I noticed this in the Iran thread yesterday.

I thought he left and requested a deletion of his posts.
Then I thought he changed his name but his count would have stayed.

Who knows? :huh:

I think we'll see him around. :devil:

vidcc
03-15-2005, 05:57 PM
If he has changed to this geezagonk then he is having a laugh by posting the complete opposite of his past or......................... we converted him to a..... i can't say it.

If he has left, the forum will be a poorer place. :(

hobbes
03-15-2005, 06:25 PM
I imagine that his account or the board was hacked and his threads maliciously deleted and I would imagine geezagonk did it as the two were in disagreement last time I checked.

sArA
03-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Did I miss something?

j2k4 gone? WTF? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

:crying:

Busyman
03-15-2005, 06:42 PM
I imagine that his account or the board was hacked and his threads maliciously deleted and I would imagine geezagonk did it as the two were in disagreement last time I checked.
Well if he was hacked I'm not going get all mushy although it would still be fucked up.

He will just come back under a different account and maybe clear things up.

Folks act like he died or something, jeez. :dry:
Get a grip...it's the internet.

manker
03-15-2005, 06:43 PM
I imagine that his account or the board was hacked and his threads maliciously deleted and I would imagine geezagonk did it as the two were in disagreement last time I checked.I don't think so. The geezagonk thing is a coincidence as even tho' j2's name is on the end of the Iran thread, there are now only 2 replies and not the three stated when you look at the reply column.

j2's name is still on all of his threads, as thread starter, and his name appears when he posted last - it's just that his posts are completely gone.

The only possible explanations are that j2 requested all his posts deleted - like muchspl2 did recently - or that his account has been 'lost' due to a database failure, like what happened to Gemby and baccyman some months ago.

I favour the latter.

sArA
03-15-2005, 06:48 PM
I have posted in team chat to see if anyone knows anything.

It does seem very odd.

vidcc
03-15-2005, 06:50 PM
i can still see his profile and pms messages . but if you search members he doesn't exist.

RPerry
03-15-2005, 06:56 PM
well, there is atleast 2 mods who have no idea whats happened, am I am sure there will be more to follow. it is posted in team chat, and hopefully one of the admin will know whats up :(

bigboab
03-15-2005, 07:02 PM
perhaps he quit in a pique of anger?

seem to remember bibboab asking for his account to be deleted and all his posts too, maybe j2o did the same? :unsure:

I was told that They could not delete my account(s). If you want to delete posts(Not threads) then I should imagine you would need to do it yourself. I dont know how you could remove yourself from the members list though. I was under the impression at the time that they had suspended my accounts.

RealitY
03-15-2005, 08:31 PM
well, there is atleast 2 mods who have no idea whats happened, am I am sure there will be more to follow.
Well you can add another to that...

bigboab
03-15-2005, 08:35 PM
If J2's record* was accidently deleted then there would be nothing in the database to cross-reference to. That could account for the apparent 'disappearance' of posts and threads. If would also mean that J2 could not open his own account.

* Contains -Account Name and link,number of posts,sig link,avatar link etc.
That is on the assumption that databases are still constructed in the same way as they were 5 years ago. :)

Guillaume
03-15-2005, 08:37 PM
What I don't get is: seeing he couldn't open his account, why didn't he create another one to ask for help or explanations? :unsure:

bigboab
03-15-2005, 08:43 PM
What I don't get is: seeing he couldn't open his account, why didn't he create another one to ask for help or explanations? :unsure:

Maybe he has. Remember he would need to make a certain amount of posts before he could PM anyone.

Peerzy
03-15-2005, 08:46 PM

He might have thought he had been banned/moderated and according to the rules:

11. If you get placed on 'Moderation' or a 'Ban', do not circumvent that action by creating another account. Doing so can result in a permanent ban to all accounts.

Guillaume
03-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Maybe he has. Remember he would need to make a certain amount of posts before he could PM anyone.

And like any other person who faces this kind of mishap his first post would be on the lines of "WTF happened?"

How many posts do you need to have PM's enabled anyway? 5?

@Peerzy: don't you get warned before teh ban? ;)

Peerzy
03-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Just checked his account. it's still there, nothing changed.

J2k4, Usergroup: members
signature:

Then why can we not see his account and his post count is really 0 :dry:

{I}{K}{E}
03-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Just checked his account. it's still there, nothing changed.

J2k4, Usergroup: members
signature:

http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/eagleflag.gif Google does not constitute reason or truth; think for yourself.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/member.php?u=1166

{I}{K}{E}
03-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Then why can we not see his account and his post count is really 0 :dry:

posted with the wrong account :P

check my post. You can see his profile with 3,000+ posts, but when you search for his posts you get an error :huh:

Peerzy
03-15-2005, 08:53 PM
@Peerzy: don't you get warned before teh ban? ;)

Apparently not as a few members on the forum have been banned without warning or talk with the team, me included.

Peerzy
03-15-2005, 08:54 PM
posted with the wrong account :P

check my post. You can see his profile with 3,000+ posts, but when you search for his posts you get an error :huh:

not, view all posts takes me to:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Hmmmmm, either Vb has fucked up again, or someone doesn't like him.

{I}{K}{E}
03-15-2005, 08:55 PM

nope. you can PM without ever making a post.

Peerzy
03-15-2005, 08:56 PM

But he might suspect he had been moderated, and creating that new account to Pm would be breaking your rules and would mean he would be banned forever with whatever account he used. According to the rules that is.

bigboab
03-15-2005, 09:07 PM

When did that change? I see J2 has returned. :)

vidcc
03-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Oh bugger he's back

sArA
03-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Welcome back j2k4 :)

Its all still a mystery though :huh:

bigboab
03-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Does anyone know how many posts constitutes a 3 litre bottle of cider? :whistling

sArA
03-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Somehow, I am suspicious of a board type error j2k4....

I have lost my thread fucking up powers and have to type my smilies :(

Something is afoot.....

bigboab
03-15-2005, 09:59 PM
You, one would have thought.

:lol: :lol: I was thinking of blackmail. :ph34r:

bigboab
03-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Somehow, I am suspicious of a board type error j2k4....

I have lost my thread fucking up powers and have to type my smilies :(

Something is afoot.....

12" perhaps. But I think we have gone metric. :blink:

Snee
03-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Could this be related to the paul account and those mysterious pms we got (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1015938&postcount=36)?

My current theory about that involves time-travel back to the seventies

sArA
03-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Could this be related to the paul account and those mysterious pms we got?

My current theory about that involves time-travel back to the seventies

Well, the new series of Dr Who is due to start soon on the BBC....:huh:

Snee
03-15-2005, 10:20 PM
It's all coming together now.

Actually I wonder if it's to do with the board-clock as rookie talked of having it reset yesterday.

bigboab
03-15-2005, 10:36 PM
It's all coming together now.

Actually I wonder if it's to do with the board-clock as rookie talked of having it reset yesterday.

Trouble is they did not have PC's back in the 70's. :blink:

Except the 'Ello Ello' kind.

baccyman
03-15-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't think so. The geezagonk thing is a coincidence as even tho' j2's name is on the end of the Iran thread, there are now only 2 replies and not the three stated when you look at the reply column.

j2's name is still on all of his threads, as thread starter, and his name appears when he posted last - it's just that his posts are completely gone.

The only possible explanations are that j2 requested all his posts deleted - like muchspl2 did recently - or that his account has been 'lost' due to a database failure, like what happened to Gemby and baccyman some months ago.

I favour the latter.

i have just had a quick read of this and i think that the reason that i lost a big chunk of my post's was when the change over happened . i ended up with an account that started as a newb .

geezagonk
03-15-2005, 11:16 PM
I've just logged in and I'm saddened to see that I've been linked to anyone getting their posts deleted, I can assure everyone that I know absolutely nothing about it.

J2K4, the remark I made about Germany and Jews in the other thread has been taken the wrong way. It was meant to read as the money the Bush dynasty made fom Nazi Germany, not the Jewish community.

I hope not every post causes this much paranoia.

vidcc
03-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Apparently very little of me remains; I am without archival substance.

I don't quite know how to think about this.

don't worry...everything was copied to DVD
http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/mad.jpg

clocker
03-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Oh crap.
Had to return, eh?
Hobbes and I were just planning your ascention into legend and you had to ruin it by reappearing.

You were much more lovable in absentia.

clocker
03-16-2005, 12:40 AM
I've done that since late 2004.
Haven't read a word.

Of anyone's.

I'm only here for the pictures.

Hmmmmm.....boobies.

clocker
03-16-2005, 12:52 AM
No petards to be hoist from.

Fuck.

I hate to say this, but my belief system hinges on an ability and opportunity to figure out who the pricks are, and to deal with them in kind-that just doesn't exist in this instance.
As a small and let's admit it, somewhat third-worldish forum, we were unable to lease a petard large enough to hoist you from.
Those well-heeled bastards at Sims.com outbid us.

So we erased your history instead.

Ironical, isn't it?

geezagonk
03-16-2005, 12:58 AM
What have I got myself into? Can't we debate without paranoia and personal insults?

clocker
03-16-2005, 01:08 AM
What have I got myself into? Can't we debate without paranoia and personal insults?
Huh?
What paranoia?
What insults?

Which internet are you guys on...clearly I am missing the good stuff.

MCHeshPants420
03-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Someone ask Brian to check the logs, most likely it was a drunk mod.

MCHeshPants420
03-16-2005, 01:29 AM
No point in that.

Likely it was a hack-job, secure as this board is.

If it wasn't, I don't believe word of it would find me, do you?

If someone did hack the board (as extremely unlikely as that is) then it should show up on the logs still. At the very least he needs to check because if there is a security issue then it needs to be addressed else we'll be losing people's posts every time someone pisses off this mystery hacker.

If it's a mod playing silly buggers then they need to be de-modded.

In all honesty I suspect faulty board software, this forum is bug-ridden and Brian (by his own admission) doesn't know the full ins and outs of it. The only reason I can think that a bug would target you in particular is that your join date is a lot earlier than everyone elses, maybe a large post count coupled with the early join date somehow caused a glitch which deleted you? I dunno I'm just theorizing...

btw Can the admin not find a way to get the posts back from the back-up? I'm sure it's possible...

RPerry
03-16-2005, 02:11 AM
the mod logs have been checked, no mod did this. still waiting on word from Brian

MagicNakor
03-16-2005, 02:50 AM
I told you I knew magic.

KILLER BISCUITS WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER

(the actual AP headline)

Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries.
Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head. One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to t he car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open,and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she'd been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.

The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head.

A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered and tried to hold her brains in for over an hour until someone noticed and came to her aid.

Linda is a blonde, but I'm certain that's not relevant

Pro-Syrian Lebanese Government resigns en masse...
This is kinda significant, eh?

Did the U.N. do something?

What could possibly have prompted this?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,148962,00.html

Syrian forces have been in Lebanon nigh unto 30 years, vid.

Why do you think this is happening now?

Actually (since you asked), YES!

If Lebanon had need to be occupied, and the choice were mine to make, I'd pick Israel over Syria in a heartbeat.

If the Syrian occupation force is to leave Lebanon, who should guarantee Lebanon's sovereignty?

Who will, if it comes to that?

Yes, yes, I'm quite sure an Israeli occupation of Lebanon would cause massive outrage in all corners of the mideast.

I was speaking hypothetically.

Funny-

The entire Muslim world preaches the sin of the Christian/Zionist infidel, and much of the rest of the world agrees, quaking in it's collective boots at the prospect of Western religious fervor and all it's ramifications, but nobody seems too upset by fanatic Islamicists, at least from a religious standpoint.

Nobody wants to be bombed, but I wonder why western Christianity is regarded as a greater evil than fundamentalist Islam, which is as expansive as Soviet Communism, but somehow much more acceptable.

(Or at least able to dreg up some stuff from the wayback-machine..)

I may not often agree with you j2, but now I don't have any late-night entertainment. ;)

If the board was backed-up daily (as was recently stated), I don't see why your posts couldn't be restored. It'd be very queer to have all the backups similarly affected. I'm hoping it was "just" a software glitch.

:shuriken:

RealitY
03-16-2005, 06:44 AM
I dont even think a mod can do this as the posts have not been deleted as a mod would since they would still be visible to all mods in a soft delete. If they are deleted permentaly in the mod option then the post count of the poster is reflected thus the post count would have been set back to zero then. I think theres is something within the join date that may unravel this perhaps. The only other thought I can have on this is to do a board backup to before the loss of all the posts but this would in turn lose all posts posted from then untill now...

Rat Faced
03-16-2005, 12:18 PM
There are plenty of people with an earlier join date tho.. :unsure:

Thanks for your confidence Hobbes :P

J2 and myself often cross swords; however politics and religion aside, me and him are mates, so im sure he knows i have nowt to do with it ;)

Its a bugger though that I cant quote him on some things now... especially that post where he vowed never to vote Republican whilst the Bush family were members of that party.... Im sure you remember that one? :whistling

clocker
03-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Its a bugger though that I cant quote him on some things now... especially that post where he vowed never to vote Republican whilst the Bush family were members of that party.... Im sure you remember that one? :whistling
Of course.
That was the same thread where he admitted that he really liked Hillary Clinton for her politics, not just because she's hawt.

Snee
03-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Huh?
What paranoia?
What insults?

Which internet are you guys on...clearly I am missing the good stuff.
It's 'cos you have us on ignore, I think. :unsure:

Biggles
03-16-2005, 08:06 PM
No point in that.

Likely it was a hack-job, secure as this board is.

If it wasn't, I don't believe word of it would find me, do you?

I'm sorry-I'm just a bit too pissed-off to be posting without a proper target, you see?

I'm outta here.

This is indeed serious. Have we lost your conversion to the ranks of the UN?

Woe, woe and thrice woe!

What is this pm I have regarding codecs? Do I delete without reading?

Guillaume
03-16-2005, 08:11 PM
That was the same thread where he admitted that he really liked Hillary Clinton for her politics, not just because she's hawt.

That and his undying love for everything French. :whistling

@Biggles: the PM is one symptom of the strange happenings of these past days, you can delete it without a second thought.

sArA
03-16-2005, 08:13 PM
This is indeed serious. Have we lost your conversion to the ranks of the UN?

Woe, woe and thrice woe!

What is this pm I have regarding codecs? Do I delete without reading?

That username is now banned. Delete at will... :)

Biggles
03-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks folks - will do.