PDA

View Full Version : Nicely done!

hobbes
03-17-2005, 07:20 PM
:01: :01: :01:

I'm not sure who exactly to thank, but I imagine it was a team effort to some degree so I want to that you all.

Job well done, nice to have my posts back until they disappear again. :helpsmili

An explanation via PM or here on this thread would be appreciated, particularly if you know who was involved.

Call me vain, but I like my threads, they allow me to document, before the world, just how naive and backwards I am.

DanB
03-17-2005, 07:22 PM
we lost a days worth of posts though

enoughfakefiles
03-17-2005, 07:26 PM
we lost a days worth of posts though

But we`ve gained two strange smilies. :ph34r:

http://img236.exs.cx/img236/3450/untitled1copy5my.jpg

Have you done a back up. :whistling

Mr JP Fugley
03-17-2005, 07:32 PM
It's happened again hobbes old bean. Mine from earlier today and probably yours as well have melted away.

hobbes
03-17-2005, 07:36 PM
It's happened again hobbes old bean. Mine from earlier today and probably yours as well have melted away.

I think we are ok now. Anything after the wipe is gone, but look before, we are fully restored.

You lost your posts as well?

tesco
03-17-2005, 07:38 PM
But we`ve gained two strange smilies. :ph34r:

http://img236.exs.cx/img236/3450/untitled1copy5my.jpg

Have you done a back up. :whistling
A lotof smileys got replaced with VB versions of them.
Someone will have to re-upload teh old ones. :P

Mr JP Fugley
03-17-2005, 07:40 PM
I think we are ok now. Anything after the wipe is gone, but look before, we are fully restored.

You lost your posts as well?
Not me mate, if I look for all posts by me it comes up with 2 I did tonight.

The one's I put in the thread you started today (about this) are also gone.

Unless of course I am doing something wrong.

bigboab
03-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Not me mate, if I look for all posts by me it comes up with 2 I did tonight.

The one's I put in the thread you started today (about this) are also gone.

Unless of course I am doing something wrong.

I think someone said that the board lost about 10-11 hours today 'cause of the transfer. Now that the transfwer is complete, you will be playing for Aberdeen on Saturday JP. :)

Now you lot know what Alzheimers is like. :blink:

Mr JP Fugley
03-17-2005, 08:32 PM
I think someone said that the board lost about 10-11 hours today 'cause of the transfer. Now that the transfwer is complete, you will be playing for Aberdeen on Saturday JP. :)

Now you lot know what Alzheimers is like. :blink:
I think all of me posts are away mate.

This is what I get when I search for them

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=84533

It don't matter a great deal if they are lost tho', as long as the board is secure.

{I}{K}{E}
03-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Mr JP Fugley, your posts are back. check your profile and click 'Find all posts by .... '

lynx
03-17-2005, 08:34 PM
I think all of me posts are away mate.

This is what I get when I search for them

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=84533

It don't matter a great deal if they are lost tho', as long as the board is secure.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=84542 :whistling

Edit: Bugger, you beat me to it. :P

{I}{K}{E}
03-17-2005, 08:35 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=84542 :whistling

Those search links don't work for others ;)

Guillaume
03-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Ike, if you do that you'll notice the threads started by JP are listed here, but the actual posts are MIA. :huh:

tesco
03-17-2005, 08:37 PM
When i search JP i find 4 posts.
all from today.

{I}{K}{E}
03-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Ike, if you do that you'll notice the threads started by JP are listed here, but the actual posts are MIA. :huh:

I see now, his posts are still gone :(

j2k4's posts are all back

:huh:

lynx
03-17-2005, 08:40 PM
I didn't check, I assumed the searchid was the user's database number. :blushing:

RealitY
03-17-2005, 08:52 PM
I only see today for him also, perhaps we didnt go back far enough and going back to earlier when the others were first restored priopr to being wiped again may have been when he had already been wiped or something like that...

{I}{K}{E}
03-17-2005, 08:55 PM
I only see today for him also, perhaps we didnt go back far enough and going back to earlier when the others were first restored priopr to being wiped again may have been when he had already been wiped or something like that...

j2k4's posts are all back and those were deleted first...

lynx
03-17-2005, 08:58 PM
j2k4's posts are all back and those were deleted first...Are we sure about that? Or were they just the first to be noticed as missing?

Mr JP Fugley
03-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Maybe I was deleted first and it wasn't noticed. It is all crap anyway.

It's kewl, like I said if the board is back and secure I wouldn't bother doing anything else which might feck it up or lose even more.

RealitY
03-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Jake's posts are all back and those were deleted first...
My point was I think rookie used a backup point that was just after he merged the db to bring the other posts back without any other losses just before they vanished again and then I thought his followed just after so that may have been an odd window. Although with the script that was created rookie may be able to use to bring back his as well although I cant say. There is also the possibility that his was done prior to the others without being noticed also...

hobbes
03-17-2005, 11:15 PM
I would think it a shame to give up Mr JP Fugley's and Jpols posts. He may not ask for them back himself, but I think the community owes it to him to restore what he has shared.

He has really done a lot to drag this forum along, particularly after the board change. He was starting a lot of threads and pumping energy into the place.

I think it would be a shame to just pitch his legacy.

sArA
03-18-2005, 01:49 AM
I would think it a shame to give up Mr JP Fugley's and Jpols posts. He may not ask for them back himself, but I think the community owes it to him to restore what he has shared.

He has really done a lot to drag this forum along, particularly after the board change. He was starting a lot of threads and pumping energy into the place.

I think it would be a shame to just pitch his legacy.

Yep, without them/him the board is a less interesting place. I hope that his/their posts can be restored.

j2k4
03-18-2005, 03:14 AM
Yep, without them/him the board is a less interesting place. I hope that his/their posts can be restored.

Quite right.

I prefer his to mine, actually, even considering his strange and radical political views.

Mr JP Fugley
03-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Nice sentiments chaps, much appreciated.

However I think of it as more of a boardly colonic irrigation.

I also see it as a clean slate. Just think of all the half pished crap I have posted, which you can't post back at me now. Whereas all of your indiscretions are there for anyone to see.

It feels very .... liberating.