PDA

View Full Version : Another Bittorrent Post

Benno
04-05-2003, 08:40 PM
I have downloaded Bittorent and it seems that I got it to work.
My question is what do people upload from me?
I havent speciefied a upload folder anywhere?? :blink:

Skillian
04-05-2003, 08:49 PM
People only upload the file that you are downloading. Once the download has finished and you close the window, any uploading stops.

Benno
04-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Ok thanks.
I was wondering because uploads already started about 2 minutes after i started my first download. :)

BROCKSTER
04-07-2003, 05:14 AM
i also wondered that thanks now i know i thought they were gettin anything they wanted off my comp phew :lol:

stoi
04-12-2003, 04:05 PM
all i can say in response to this, is once the download has finished try to keep it open for as long as you possibly can, and that means reseeding by just downloading the file again but point it to the same folder and it will check the existing file, say its completed and then you can share it still.

this is important when getting large files, as i know a couple of sites that will ban you from downloading if you stop the download to quick, i usually try to keep a file that is 600meg+ open for at least 12-24 hours and bigger files for as much as 1 week just to help it get around a lot faster.

stoi

J'Pol
04-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Good point, me too for that one.

Remember there are no stored files on with Bit Torrent. So it's only the active uploads / downloads which are being shared.

Wizzandabe
04-16-2003, 04:23 PM
:huh: i had that and i hate it when you are downloading something form that and the upload speed is faster and you arnt getting anything.

stoi
04-19-2003, 01:26 AM
must admit ive had that a few times, but if you know where to look some places have a tracker, which will tell you exactly how many ppl are seeding (completed the file and are letting it upload off them) and how many are just downloading, obviously if no one is seeding it then that means you might get to 99% and the bloody thing will stop, but if ppl followed the simple etiquette of the program and left the window open even though thier download finished then ppl will be getting the whole file all the time.

your problem isnt with the program its with all the leechers that use it.

accat13
04-19-2003, 02:29 PM
stoi Posted on 18 April 2003 - 20:26
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
must admit ive had that a few times, but if you know where to look some places have a tracker, which will tell you exactly how many ppl are seeding (completed the file and are letting it upload off them) and how many are just downloading, obviously if no one is seeding it then that means you might get to 99% and the bloody thing will stop, but if ppl followed the simple etiquette of the program and left the window open even though thier download finished then ppl will be getting the whole file all the time.

your problem isnt with the program its with all the leechers that use it. 

bloodhell
06-28-2007, 10:52 AM
!!!

redMonster
06-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Why the hell are you bumping a 4 year old thread just by replying with a !!!?

redMonster
06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
sorry, double post.

bloodhell
06-28-2007, 05:30 PM
^^ .. rofl .. ... :D

was checking one of my old accounts