PDA

View Full Version : Micra Side Mirrors

reminder
03-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Now, I know this post is not really relevant to this forum, but i did not know where to post.

Basically, someone broke off my car side mirror (Nissan Micra). Its totally gone.

What should I do. Where can I get a new side mirror. Can I fix it myself or do i have to take it to garage.

Can I get a small mirror to fix it on my windscreen so someone does not break it again.

thanks. Someone will answer.

Barbarossa
03-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Those bastards!

Anyway..

http://www.247spares.co.uk/nissan-parts/

... is one option.

or

http://www.cardoormirrors.co.uk/htdocs/acatalog/car_search/Nissan.html

Another is to go to your local Nissan dealer and ask. Also, you might be able to claim on your insurance if you have comprehensive of accidental damage cover..

Whether you can fit it yourself or not depends on your competency at using a spanner or a screwdriver I guess... :blink:

Good luck!

4play
03-18-2005, 03:24 PM
screw going to the dealers they will charge you an arm and a leg. either go down the local scrap yard and have a look around or talking pages will give you the number for a service you ring tell them the part you want and within 10 mins you will get a few calls back from scrap yards quoting you a price. it will be alot cheaper then the dealers.

you can probably fit it yourself and if worse comes to the worse just screw the thing into place.

which mirror is it. im pretty sure its not illegal to not have a passenger side mirror so you can get away with not having it.

manker
03-18-2005, 03:42 PM
which mirror is it. im pretty sure its not illegal to not have a passenger side mirror so you can get away with not having it.
I was told recently, while stopped by a not-so friendly copper, that provided you've got two of the three mirrors and that it includes the internal rear-view mirror, that you're not breaking the law.

I politely reminded him that it wasn't the law, but the highway-code that would be violated and he promptly booked me for driving without a seatbelt. Serves me right for being an arse.

Anyway, that talking pages thing sounds cool.

sparsely
03-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't have side mirrors on my car at all :P
they like, just fell off.

you only have to have one mirror anyway (at least where I live)

vidcc
03-18-2005, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't bother replacing mirrors....they are useless where we live because we are surrounded by vampires and they don't give reflections.

http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/coats1.gif

lynx
03-18-2005, 06:47 PM
It should be faster without all the extra weight. Probably more streamlined too, without one of those big mirrors sticking out into the wind.

Find the person responsible immediately and thank him for the remedial work.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/filesh/filesharingtalk.com/html/vb3/includes/config.php on line 39 :blink:

enoughfakefiles
03-18-2005, 07:42 PM
I was told recently, while stopped by a not-so friendly copper, that provided you've got two of the three mirrors and that it includes the internal rear-view mirror, that you're not breaking the law.

I politely reminded him that it wasn't the law, but the highway-code that would be violated and he promptly booked me for driving without a seatbelt. Serves me right for being an arse.

Anyway, that talking pages thing sounds cool.#

When you take your car for a M.O.T now the rules state that you do have to have only two mirrors.Either the two wing mirrors or the drivers side door mirror and the rear view mirror.That what was involed in the test when i worked at an M.O.T station. :01:

manker
03-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Effy > The Police :01:

Mr JP Fugley
03-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Damned by faint praise methinks.

enoughfakefiles
03-18-2005, 08:03 PM

*Takes a bow*

You should have asked him to explain this theory manker when testing a van. :lol:

reminder
03-18-2005, 09:34 PM
i was feeling really depressed today, but after reading ur posts, i feel much better.

Actually, it was the driver side mirror. I had to drive to work without it. felt really strange not having a mirror. I think I really miss my side mirror.

namzuf9
03-18-2005, 09:36 PM
The fitting can be a pain in the arse (but still easy to do)
Phone your local dealer for advice and ask for parts. Get a quote on the mirror and then ask then how to fit it (cos they've quoted you they will be more inclined to dole out advice)
I'm not sure on a nissan but the fitting will be one of two ways.
Remove the interior door trim (a few screws and clips) and then remove the mirror gusset (the triangular bit of plastic that sits opposite the mirror on the inside)
Or
Prise the mirror gusset of with a flat head screwdriver (you may have to replace the clips that hold it in place but the're pence)
Once the gusset is out the way its only a few phillips or torx head screws that hold it onto the door.

As for where to buy it; go through the yellow pages and find your local breakers/scrap yard, motor factors and main dealer. Get prices from all 3 and then pick the cheapest!

manker
03-18-2005, 09:38 PM
I had to drive to work without it. felt really strange not having a mirror. I think I really miss my side mirror.We're the two of you intimate.

Such a sad, sad story :(

vidcc
03-18-2005, 09:46 PM
i was feeling really depressed today, but after reading ur posts, i feel much better.

Actually, it was the driver side mirror. I had to drive to work without it. felt really strange not having a mirror. I think I really miss my side mirror.

Didn't Carley Simon write a song about you? or did you just think she did?

Hey..... who changed the rolleyes animated smiley?