PDA

View Full Version : Strange program opening in the taskbar.?

enoughfakefiles
03-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Everynow and again i get a windows program show up in the task bar for a split second then it disappears. :unsure:

I thought it was just me but someone got it at work today.The only thing what springs to mind is it`s something to do with the new anti-spyware from microsoft.Does anybody else have this problem.

I`m running windows XP pro. :helpsmili

Izagaia
03-18-2005, 10:59 PM
A screen image of your taskbar/tray area at the time the application shows up might help in identifying the culprit. :)

tesco
03-18-2005, 11:07 PM
ya what does it look like?

fkdup74
03-18-2005, 11:19 PM
DUDE!
is it...like....an eyeball peeking at you from your taskbar?
i get that sometimes :ph34r:

enoughfakefiles
03-19-2005, 12:02 AM
I think it looks like an MS-DOS application.It`s a blank task bar window with just the folder thing.The white folder thing with the blue top.???With no writing.

I know it`s a shite desciption. :rolleyes:

/edit here`s a picture of the white thingy with the blue top. :01:

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/9836/untitled1copy5iy.jpg

Izagaia
03-19-2005, 12:53 AM
You could be receiving that because of any number of applications you may have installed either running in the background, updating itself or Windows becoming confused and "hiccuping"... either way (at least for moi) it never meant anything serious or something in which to worry about, IMO. The icon itself, I am thinking is just your ordinary, windows generic .exe icon. Once in awhile I have this (your problem) happen to me as well. Usually because Windows is trying to perform too many actions at once or if my cpu crawls alittle high an then suddenly takes on another task.

fkdup74
03-19-2005, 12:57 AM
I know it`s a shite desciption. :rolleyes:

:P
i was making a feeble attempt at being funny...
as i am about to throw some freakin discs around the room out of anger :(

enoughfakefiles
03-20-2005, 02:56 PM
I have diskeeper 9 running as well.Does any body else run this and have a program keep opening and then closing straight away.???

nostalgia
03-20-2005, 05:20 PM
The only time I see something like that is if a program gets locked (doesn't respond) so maybe a program starting gets locked due to too much activity and relased again?

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-21-2005, 09:55 AM
I have diskeeper 9 running as well.Does any body else run this and have a program keep opening and then closing straight away.???
i use diskeeper, and yes, i have seen it open then close rather quickly if you have it on "set it and forget it". as far as it looking like a box with a blue bar above it....no.

enoughfakefiles
03-21-2005, 01:03 PM
i use diskeeper, and yes, i have seen it open then close rather quickly if you have it on "set it and forget it". as far as it looking like a box with a blue bar above it....no.

The blue and white box appears within a window that`s opening in the taskbar.???? :unsure:

enoughfakefiles
03-21-2005, 07:44 PM
I`m not led to believe that the program opening up is the hewlett packard printer updater.It upgrades every month and theres a few other people been having problems as well. :dry: