PDA

View Full Version : are u for Console games or pc/online games?

Expire
03-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Well I had a PS2 which I bought about 2 years back, the only reason why I bought it was for FFX but after that I started to get bord of the shit. All in all I really thought I was just growing out of games.

But then along came my comp and it was like the Atari 2600 was just released all over again and the reason for this wasent something like, the graphics where better or some stupid shit like that, It was because I was iteracting with other people on the net. Every time you kill someone I knew I was pissing someone off at the other end and lets be honest it would be a task tp piss a PS2 off :)

So consoles to me now seem like a waste of time and money.

SingaBoiy
03-19-2005, 05:31 PM
There are online games for consoles ;)

Socom owns every other online game out there :D

Expire
03-19-2005, 05:41 PM
yeah but lets be honest the whole cosole iternet thingy hasent kicked off yet.

Well it hasent here anywayz. most online games are through your P.C lol

n18
03-19-2005, 08:26 PM
not everyone can afford a gaming pc...

twister
03-19-2005, 09:19 PM
yeah but lets be honest the whole cosole iternet thingy hasent kicked off yet.

i guess you havnt played xbox live yet

Expire
03-20-2005, 12:42 PM
not everyone can afford a gaming pc...

Hmmm, if anything I would of thought that the P.C would be cheaper when it comes to games :).

I havent payed for a game yet, but saying that I suppose thats the same with the Xbox.

Peerzy
03-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Hmmm, if anything I would of thought that the P.C would be cheaper when it comes to games :).

I havent payed for a game yet, but saying that I suppose thats the same with the Xbox.

To Play Doom3 with good framerate i would say you need at least a £500 computer. Or you can buy a £100 Xbox and wait for it to come out in a few months with Xbox Live, extra features and more.

silent h3ro
03-20-2005, 02:25 PM
I like console and PC. It justs depends on the game ur playing.

SingaBoiy
03-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Plus a gaming pc you need to upgrade a few times a years. But a console you only need to buy every 3-5 yrs.

silent h3ro
03-20-2005, 03:29 PM
To Play Doom3 with good framerate i would say you need at least a £500 computer. Or you can buy a £100 Xbox and wait for it to come out in a few months with Xbox Live, extra features and more. Not nearly as good graphics on the Xbox though.

Peerzy
03-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Not nearly as good graphics on the Xbox though.

The difference will be hardly noticeable and it saves you over £400 ($800)

SingaBoiy
03-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Plus if you are one that cries about mouse/keyboard controls compared to controllers... just get a damn adapter for it.

Spicker
03-20-2005, 03:53 PM
im undecided...

SideSwiped
03-20-2005, 03:56 PM
I prefer pc games, I don't use controllers so I have no blisters on my thumbs.

silent h3ro
03-20-2005, 04:26 PM
I've never gotten blisters on any of my fingers or thumbs by a controller. :huh:

SingaBoiy
03-20-2005, 04:38 PM
I prefer pc games, I don't use controllers so I have no blisters on my thumbs.
lmao, right after i said this...

Plus if you are one that cries about mouse/keyboard controls compared to controllers... just get a damn adapter for it.

Formula1
03-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Nah, im starting to lose my interests in console games, slowly. Console, you cant upgrade its hardware, thus its graphics become mediocore compared to a pc's within 2 years. There are games on pc which are way more superior than those of consoles, and also third party games tend to be the best on the pc, incase anyone doesnt know that already.

ApacNTS
03-20-2005, 08:59 PM
im more of a console gamer, mostly because my computer is far from up to date, and my resources are limited. friend of mine has tried countless times to get me to build a computer, saying it'll cost about 500bucks for a pretty awesome system. but to be honest, i know someone along the way i'd fuck it up, and all that money would be gone. i have played 2 games on a pc tho, those being unreal tournament(looked great, played well) and hitman the original(played decent, liked 2 better) getting used to the keyboard wasnt as hard, although the mouse was more percise, again my setup sucks, so it was futile. with the direction of xb2 and ps3, it's essentially a mini computer as it is, with the new online enabled for both, all we have to do is wait for downloadable content, instead of expansion packs.

also, i have gotten blisters on my hand from a controller, case and point, gran turismo 3, with all the gas, break, shift, turn, for endurance laps, youre guarenteed some battle scars with the controller.

Peerzy
03-20-2005, 09:07 PM
im more of a console gamer, mostly because my computer is far from up to date, and my resources are limited. friend of mine has tried countless times to get me to build a computer, saying it'll cost about 500bucks for a pretty awesome system. but to be honest, i know someone along the way i'd fuck it up, and all that money would be gone. i have played 2 games on a pc tho, those being unreal tournament(looked great, played well) and hitman the original(played decent, liked 2 better) getting used to the keyboard wasnt as hard, although the mouse was more percise, again my setup sucks, so it was futile. with the direction of xb2 and ps3, it's essentially a mini computer as it is, with the new online enabled for both, all we have to do is wait for downloadable content, instead of expansion packs.

also, i have gotten blisters on my hand from a controller, case and point, gran turismo 3, with all the gas, break, shift, turn, for endurance laps, youre guarenteed some battle scars with the controller.

Oh don't worry, the downloadable content will cost you.

ApacNTS
03-20-2005, 09:12 PM
well if it's good it isnt free, never will be. just pisses you off when you pay for crap downloads.