PDA

View Full Version : snooper s3

Kingy17
03-19-2005, 10:17 PM
had my car broken in to yesterday because he saw it on my dash, i forgot to take it out. I have phoned the company up and have deactivated it so he cant use it, so what can he do with it now?

Snee
03-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Eat it?

Kingy17
03-19-2005, 10:26 PM
naw not really, he probally still thinks it works but it dusnt, prob dusnt no how to use it

Snee
03-19-2005, 10:30 PM
It's a shame he stole it, but really if it's turned off, all he can do is strip it for what parts he can can take.

(I have no idea what it is btw)

If it runs on batteries I guess he can take those.

Kingy17
03-19-2005, 10:32 PM
it runs from the battery e.g. cig lighter. he took the cable but like i sed it is dun by GPS satalite so it wont find anything coz its been deactivated, just wondered wot he cud do with it really

100%
03-19-2005, 10:35 PM
he can sell it someone who doesn't know - plus he could call all friends and they'll suddenly think your cool

Kingy17
03-19-2005, 10:37 PM
y wud they think am kool

Snee
03-19-2005, 10:40 PM
I have no idea :unsure:

Biggles
03-19-2005, 10:41 PM
What is a snooper? :blink:

Kingy17
03-19-2005, 10:42 PM
tells you where all speed cameras are

Biggles
03-19-2005, 10:43 PM
tells you where all speed cameras are

Ah! Not a lot of those around here (yet) so it definitely wasn't me.

Although I could see why that might prove attractive.

100%
03-19-2005, 11:07 PM
cogito ergo sms

j2k4
03-20-2005, 01:05 AM
I have an item an electrical engineer friend of mine constructed for me about fifteen years ago; he calls it a "radar communicator".

It apparently reads the beam from a radar gun and "tells" it you are going the speed limit, be it 55 mph, 65 mph, what have you.

I've always been afraid to run with it, because any cop worth his salt can tell the difference between 55 and 70-75 mph bare-eyed or by the relative speed of surrounding traffic, and you know damn well that if they suspect you've got something like that on-board, you and your car will be impounded until they find it.

All this before the requisite court appearance and levying of the attendent HUGE fine and other penalties.

Not this kid.

vidcc
03-20-2005, 03:44 AM
I have this simple thing fitted as standard in all my vehicles that stops us getting caught by a speed trap.

It's called a speedometer

RPerry
03-20-2005, 03:49 AM
I have this simple thing fitted as standard in all my vehicles that stops us getting caught by a speed trap.

It's called a speedometer

I have one of those too, unfortunately I also have a lead foot, and bad luck. So I have a cobra Radar-detector mounted on my windshield :devil:

vidcc
03-20-2005, 03:57 AM
I have one of those too, unfortunately I also have a lead foot, and bad luck. So I have a cobra Radar-detector mounted on my windshield :devil:
I see we've moved to the lounge...is this the intervention I was talking about earlier... :shifty:

But on the radar detector devices I can't remember if I read or saw on TV about them that basically by the time these things detect the radar you have already been "clocked".
This may just apply for hand-held devices though

RPerry
03-20-2005, 04:20 AM
I see we've moved to the lounge...is this the intervention I was talking about earlier... :shifty:

But on the radar detector devices I can't remember if I read or saw on TV about them that basically by the time these things detect the radar you have already been "clocked".
This may just apply for hand-held devices though

I have often stated this very thing. If your speeding down an empty road and someone is using a hand-held gun, I would be willing to bet your going to be toast. Better hope there is someone in front of you who is clocked first. However, Most cops won't be standing out in the middle of no-where holding a radar gun, and prefer to use their cars radar device. Mine picks up for close to 2 miles in this situation. :cool:

j2k4
03-20-2005, 01:34 PM
I have often stated this very thing. If your speeding down an empty road and someone is using a hand-held gun, I would be willing to bet your going to be toast. Better hope there is someone in front of you who is clocked first. However, Most cops won't be standing out in the middle of no-where holding a radar gun, and prefer to use their cars radar device. Mine picks up for close to 2 miles in this situation. :cool:

I am similarly equipped.

Circumstances can always take you down, though, and cameras don't care about detectors.

There are times and places to "make time", and these I take advantage of.

RPerry
03-21-2005, 12:43 AM
Circumstances can always take you down, though, and cameras don't care about detectors.

No Ccameras in Florida.... yet :01:

j2k4
03-21-2005, 01:46 AM

The AARP has a lobby, I think. :D

vidcc
03-21-2005, 03:13 AM

That's because with an average age of 134 the only thing that drives faster than 30 mph is the wind

Kingy17
03-21-2005, 10:52 PM
sry i havnt replied sooner, actually the gps systems are legal at not ilegal, it is only jammers that are illegal. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4333671.stm

As you come towards one of those yellow or other colourd cameras its lets you know from 500m. As for guns as others have sed most the time they get u b4 it tells you. The newer models tells you sooner which i am getting next with insurance money