PDA

View Full Version : homework help :)

Spicker
03-20-2005, 03:33 PM
ok for Civics i need to create a Youth Volunteer Organization.

"It is your job to create a bon-governmental organization to address one issue at either the local, national, or global level. This organization must provide opportunities for youth to participate actively(volunteer) and thus encourage active citizenship"

WE are not suppose to make an ACTUAL organization just have to write the mission statement etc. etc.

so the first step is to come up with this organization which is the hardest part and i need ur help with that.

I need to come with 5 issues and then i have to go in to detail and talk about them. Then after i have to choose one and make a mission statement and other stuff... so far i came up with Homelessness but the government already has several organizations for this issue :(

i just need your help coming up with theese 5 pertinent issues.

lol thnx in advance

j2k4
03-20-2005, 03:44 PM
It's not too exciting or glorious, but you can always start with an environmental clean-up/landscaping/rehabilitation effort.

Some plot of land, or a stream/waterway that has been mis-used or abused, or merely lain fallow for too long.

Remember to consider jurisdictional issues when contemplating such things; you wouldn't want to lose academic points because some idiotic municipal union might take you to court for doing something they failed to do themselves.

Good luck.

Lilmiss
03-20-2005, 06:37 PM
I work in a Volunteer Bureau. :01:

We cover journeys for people who can't use regular transport, or find it too costly.
Helping hands, which is basic help for pensioners, ie; fitting lightbulbs and general grass cutting.
Finding hostels or cheap hotels for homeless.
Giving people basic computer training for free.
Lend out wheelchairs, scooters and tri walkers.
Offer a sitting service for parents who really need it.
Give support/advice to women with domestic issues.
Offer a recycling and energy saving plan, giving out free light bulbs.
We have some kind of banking plan, where people use us as a personal fund pot.

Erm...can't remember what else we do now, but I can pick up some leaflets if you want.

Gemby!
03-20-2005, 07:32 PM
homework ?? *ah crap* I'll be going offline now ....*runs*

Spicker
03-21-2005, 12:50 AM
thnx alot guys :)

especially lilmiss and j2k4

really appreciate it :)

Lilmiss
03-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Lemme know what you are going to do your essay on, and I will see what information I can dig up for ya.

hobbes
03-21-2005, 01:10 AM
homework ?? *ah crap* I'll be going offline now ....*runs*

diarrhea can really stymie the intellectual process.

DarthInsinuate
03-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Lemme know what you are going to do your essay on, and I will see what information I can dig up for ya.
paper i would have thought, although i think it would be pretty spectacular if he could fit an essay on the back of a shovel

manker
03-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Spectacular how :unsure:

Spicker
03-21-2005, 02:15 AM
im going to do "Giving people basic computer training for free."

im going to do that because i know alot about comptuers and we can teach people just some basic stuff about computers and we can also tell parents about internet safety. This will also be interesting because youth now days are very "technologically advanced" :lol:

Lilmiss
03-21-2005, 02:34 AM
The guy who runs that section in my building started it from scratch, and had to apply for funding from several different places to be able to afford the new tech and packages. He also had to be able to cater for people with disabilities to claim the funding, which meant special desks, large print instruction books, etc.

He also asks the people he has trained, to stay on for a while as "Learning Buddies", to help the newer students with the basics. They do this while still looking for a job, and can write on their C.V they have been volunteering. Which is always smiled upon instead of a work gap.