PDA

View Full Version : Port fowarding help

zedsded
03-21-2005, 03:21 AM
AT&T Plug&Share 54Mbps Wireless Router

I've searched here. I've checked portfoward.com. I've tried a half-dozen times to set it up myself. No matter what I do I'm not getting this damn router to port foward correctly. I just thought I'd ask here before I send all eleventy-billion screen grabs to portfoward.com.

Anyone?... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller.

TIA
Z-

loopandjump
03-21-2005, 04:33 AM
Have you tried to open the port in winxp buit in firewall?

zedsded
03-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Have you tried to open the port in winxp buit in firewall?
Xp firewall is disabled.

I'm sure it's in the router. I was connectable 2 months ago before I got rid of the Linksys router and got the wireless AT&T...

Mr JP Fugley
03-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Sorry mate, I use a linksys router, I assume you know how to forward that as you had one.

jetje
03-21-2005, 04:07 PM
AT&T Plug&Share 54Mbps Wireless Router

I've searched here. I've checked portfoward.com. I've tried a half-dozen times to set it up myself. No matter what I do I'm not getting this damn router to port foward correctly. I just thought I'd ask here before I send all eleventy-billion screen grabs to portfoward.com.

Anyone?... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller.

TIA
Z-

I guess you need to figure out what brand your AT&T router is, don't think they made their own routers ;)
Then check this site http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Good luck with it. :)

zedsded
03-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys. :)

jetje- That's a good point, I didn't think about it being a rebranded product.

Hmmm. There's nothing on the outside that gives a clue to other manufacturers. I guess I'll crack it open to see if there's any info inside.