PDA

View Full Version : Downloading movies

Lincoln-Imp
03-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Using programs like area etc how safe is it and is it very likely you will get caught? Im using peer guardian and its finds alot of ranges when im downloading things.

Vargas
03-21-2005, 08:16 PM
if youre worried about getting busted you shouldn't use programs with manditory partial file sharing.

orcutt989
03-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Emule works well.

pagandead
04-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I talked to someone recently who got caught downloading a movie on IRC (Undernet) so you can never be totally safe.

thedazman
04-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Safest bet is not to download at all :dry:

But you could just go out and buy the original, and then download it legally :naughty:

mlmm
04-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Safest bet is not to download at all :dry:

But you could just go out and buy the original, and then download it legally :naughty:

but that's not fun :shifty:

{I}{K}{E}
04-15-2005, 07:41 PM
I talked to someone recently who got caught downloading a movie on IRC (Undernet) so you can never be totally safe.

Caught downloading from IRC :lol:

That's stupid. if you use 'warez' channels and use their BOTS there is no way you can get busted for downloading from mIRC

RealitY
04-15-2005, 07:57 PM

Caught downloading from IRC :lol:

That's stupid. if you use 'warez' channels and use their BOTS there is no way you can get busted for downloading from mIRC
That is about the silliest thing Ive ever heard of also...

DeadManWalkin
06-02-2005, 10:19 AM
They won't be able to catch me in MY country :D

Money Fist
06-02-2005, 10:59 AM
what country is that? (just out of curiosity)

matt526
06-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I have found that the best way to get movies is to rent them and rip them.
you pay blockbuster about $14 a month and have as many movies as you can handel sent right to your door. Most of the time I don't even watch them, I rip them then send right back. I can watch them later because I know that I will always have them on hand. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

maebach
06-02-2005, 04:10 PM
good idea, i bet theres alot of people doing that.

ThemaNIL
06-02-2005, 11:33 PM
i'm guessing he is from Netherlands , am i right ?

nowagain99
06-08-2005, 02:50 AM
Only download movies you really really want.

staing
06-08-2005, 09:09 AM
They won't be able to catch me in MY country :D
hey, would't want to live there anyway. America is a rich country, come over let's have a bbq :D

staing
06-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I heard netherland have awesome connection like 10mbit/10mbit, is this true??? and its mostly paid by their government while the users pay only 15.00 a month.

Money Fist
06-08-2005, 09:12 AM
yep good connections
my friend just got 8000/800 connection

dunno if 10mb/10mb is tru tho
that up speed seems too high

{I}{K}{E}
06-08-2005, 09:31 AM
I heard netherland have awesome connection like 10mbit/10mbit, is this true??? and its mostly paid by their government while the users pay only 15.00 a month.

thats not true. :huh:

we pay €45 for a decent connection. (4/5mbit)

there are ADSL2 connection here (20mbit down/1mbit up)

AOJ
06-11-2005, 10:53 PM
BitTorrent is the best way to download big files. Like Movies and games

Corksil
06-13-2005, 02:26 AM
IMO, In my opinion, you should not be file-sharing unless you want to run the risk of getting caught. I use IRC to download movies, www.mIRC.com, in case you feel like giving it a shot. There is a bit of a learing curve, a few days maybe, but stick at it. Connect to the #TMD-Moviez channel, you can find them by going to their website and reading the tutorial on how to get there. If you don't want to use the f-serve/leech based filesharing stuff, use edonkey. I use EDonkey for albums, get the free version from download.com. Edonkey works good, search for videos, make sure you don't search for all. I hear limewire works, some of my gimpy friends swear by it. I've tried it, but IMO, the spyware sucks. IF you don't want to get caught, don't take the risk, but if you want to make it a little harder for you to get caught, set up a proxy server. Or two. Or three. :D Atleast you can send the feds to New Guinea before they get to your house.

erRor67
06-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Emule morph is better than eDonkey. ;)

But renting movies is a good idea. Thats what I do. I dont even bother with downloading movies.

Peerzy
06-13-2005, 03:13 AM
IMO, In my opinion, you should not be file-sharing unless you want to run the risk of getting caught. I use IRC to download movies, www.mIRC.com, in case you feel like giving it a shot. There is a bit of a learing curve, a few days maybe, but stick at it. Connect to the #TMD-Moviez channel, you can find them by going to their website and reading the tutorial on how to get there. If you don't want to use the f-serve/leech based filesharing stuff, use edonkey. I use EDonkey for albums, get the free version from download.com. Edonkey works good, search for videos, make sure you don't search for all. I hear limewire works, some of my gimpy friends swear by it. I've tried it, but IMO, the spyware sucks. IF you don't want to get caught, don't take the risk, but if you want to make it a little harder for you to get caught, set up a proxy server. Or two. Or three. :D Atleast you can send the feds to New Guinea before they get to your house.

TMD :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got one of there crappy re-encodes off of Kazaa like 3 years ago, it was Terminator 3. They had compressed a 2.1GB Cam down to a 250mb file and labled it a DVDrip :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
06-13-2005, 08:36 AM

:frusty:

FTP and newsgroups ;)

tkpro
06-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Wake up people Newsgroups for all your needs

Formula1
06-17-2005, 11:41 PM

TMD :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got one of there crappy re-encodes off of Kazaa like 3 years ago, it was Terminator 3. They had compressed a 2.1GB Cam down to a 250mb file and labled it a DVDrip :lol:

Ah, i downloaded that exact TMD Terminator 3 movie file. The frames were so corrupt...

asari
06-18-2005, 11:17 AM

:frusty:

FTP and newsgroups ;)

Not everyone has access to 100mbit FTPs and the public ones are usually slow as hell and disappear before you can finish the download. As far as newsgroups go, personally I didn't have much luck with the free accounts I've tried, and I think it's silly to pay for something you can get of some 0-Day torrent tracker or eMule for free.

orcutt989
06-24-2005, 02:37 AM
I have found that DC++ is the best for pretty much everything.

alemf555
07-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Bit torrent is the fastest way to download movies...

20mbit down/1mbit up??!!! Holly shit!! Thats fast...In my country the maximum is 4mb down...and the cost is extremely high...

alemf555
07-04-2005, 02:57 PM
is there any way to improve download speed by configurating sth or using programs??

coolbeans42
07-06-2005, 06:51 AM
...What are newsgroups?

*ducks head in anticipation of the n-word*

RealitY
07-06-2005, 07:03 AM
...What are newsgroups?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=69159

archaic
07-07-2005, 06:48 PM
all p2p programs carry risk

irc is probably the safest bet as i dont think the mpaa closely follows irc as much as they do for bt, etc