PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead

hobbes
03-22-2005, 03:01 AM
Watched it last night, the 2004 remake, that is.

It was not good, it was fabulous.

It had so much character development, it had so many sub-plots, it had so much understated humor.

I want to tell you more, but I don't want to ruin anything for you at all. I was told to watch it, though I had no interest.

Wow, what a great flick.

Off to watch "Jeepers Creepers 2", the first was awesome.

Busyman
03-22-2005, 03:59 AM

It had so much character development, it had so many sub-plots, it had so much understated humor.

I want to tell you more, but I don't want to ruin anything for you at all. I was told to watch it, though I had no interest.

Wow, what a great flick.

You are batting 1000 in the "I'm Picking Good Movies" department.

You will like JC 2 better than the 1st.

Observe the school bus and how it amounts to a boat in a Jaws infested water.

brotherdoobie
03-22-2005, 04:09 AM

Wow, what a great flick.

I haven't seen it yet. I have a new surround sound to play with...been waitng to watch my latest netflix rentals,and test it out.

I was hoping it would be good. (you seem to have decent taste,when it comes to good horror movies)

Peace bd

lynx
03-22-2005, 08:08 AM
I remember her before the op.

I thought she was much better as Shaun. :lookaroun

BILLY-THE-FISH
03-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Is this film world??? lol

bigboab
03-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Is this film world??? lol

First left. Second door on the right. :cool:

Guillaume
03-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Speaking of zombies: are you a potential survivor? (test) (http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=8493927558735178497)

Scored 73%.

Gemby!
03-22-2005, 10:46 AM

Wow, what a great flick.

I thought the film wasn't too good, but bits of it were funny

end was perdictable :ermm:

prepare to be scared by the homo jeepers creeper thing :w00t: :naughty:

MCHeshPants420
03-22-2005, 07:57 PM

Wow, what a great flick.

It is a good film. :D

I watched it again Sunday night (for like the 8th time). Might be considered heresy by some but I like it better than Romero's version. :ph34r:

enoughfakefiles
03-22-2005, 08:09 PM
I`ve never seen the original but the 2004 version rawks.:01:

I also liked both jeepers creepers films.

Shaun of the dead is pretty funny aswell.:lol:

DanB
03-22-2005, 08:12 PM
I haven't seen Jeepers Creepers 2

Snee
03-22-2005, 08:37 PM
It's great, but you've gotta' see Shaun of the Dead now, 'cos they go so well together.

manker
03-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I was going to watch Shaun of the Dead the other day but decided against it as I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead.

Do I need to :unsure:

Snee
03-22-2005, 09:20 PM
You can seee them in any order you like. :unsure:

manker
03-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah but no but yeah but, I won't get it ... will I :unsure:

Mr JP Fugley
03-22-2005, 09:43 PM
They stand as individual works, however it is best to see them in sequins.

manker
03-22-2005, 09:46 PM
:lol:

hobbes
03-23-2005, 01:17 AM
So, I intermittently post about movies here and inevitably somebody barks that it should be in "movie world".

My stance is that we, in the lounge, have a pinned thread called "what are you listening to?" and another called (not pinned) "What are you watching", so what is the problem with talking about a movie.

The forum is called "File Sharing Talk". I am talking, not about filesharing, but about my opinions on a movie, so I consider this "off topic". I consider it a topic for reactions, thoughts on the movie, not how to download it.

Does anyone have a major problem with this?

To me it just like any other topic that gives us pleasure or interests us, we like to talk about it.

manker
03-23-2005, 01:24 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, hobbes.

I think the 'worlds' are there for people who don't their topics spammed with irrelevance. Provided you're not going to whinge if someone talks about their itchy underwear in your thread - happy days.

So, been to any Batman fetish parties recently :naughty:

MCHeshPants420
03-23-2005, 01:30 AM
So, I intermittently post about movies here and inevitably somebody barks that it should be in "movie world".

My stance is that we, in the lounge, have a pinned thread called "what are you listening to?" and another called (not pinned) "What are you watching", so what is the problem with talking about a movie.

The forum is called "File Sharing Talk". I am talking, not about filesharing, but about my opinions on a movie, so I consider this "off topic". I consider it a topic for reactions, thoughts on the movie, not how to download it.

To me it just like any other topic that gives us pleasure or interests us, we like to talk about it.

The majority of people manage to post their movie topics in Movieworld even if it is just asking about opinions. I guess no-one is that bothered else the thread would have been reported and moved.

Lilmiss
03-23-2005, 01:34 AM
I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead.

:blink: :ohmy: :blink:

I thought JC2 was pants.
Final Destination 2 however.... :w00t:

Busyman
03-23-2005, 02:03 AM

Obviously not. I think like a whole one person asked about "film world".

Lighten up hobby.

btw good point about the pinned topics. STFU's are in order for all detractors

MCHeshPants420
03-23-2005, 02:10 AM
11/10.

3RA1N1AC
03-23-2005, 08:14 AM
I was going to watch Shaun of the Dead the other day but decided against it as I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead.

Do I need to :unsure:
it helps. just to appreciate the way they're sorta paying tribute to dawn of the dead by putting a humorous twist on dawn's premise. (dawn: people lock themselves up in a shopping center to hide from zombies. shaun: "hmm, a plague of zombies. let's go... uh... have a pint at the pub!") but seeing dawn first is not necessary... shaun stands well enough on its own.

Gemby!
03-23-2005, 08:51 AM
It is a good film. :D

I watched it again Sunday night (for like the 8th time). Might be considered heresy by some but I like it better than Romero's version. :ph34r:

Maybe i didnt like the film cos the dvd was a bad copy and people kept on walking infront of the screen :dry: and laughing at the funny parts :dry:

shaun of the dead is good though :naughty: :01:

Mr JP Fugley
03-23-2005, 09:58 AM
like spanker said, ewe can post any thing hear as long as yew dont mone if it is subject to spammage.

the specifical wurlds are about there specific subject matters.

Busyman
03-23-2005, 01:14 PM
like spanker said, ewe can post any thing hear as long as yew dont mone if it is subject to spammage.

the specifical wurlds are about there specific subject matters.
Proofread...
"like spanker said, ewe can pawst anythin hear as loong as yew dont mone if it is soobject to spummage.

the specifical wurlds are aboat there specific soobject mutters."
Almost JP...

Either way um impressed. ;)

brenda
03-23-2005, 03:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/brendastarr/untitled.jpg

Gemby!
03-23-2005, 04:38 PM
51 survival points .....im gonna die like a bitch :(

Snee
03-24-2005, 09:02 PM
alive,somewhat hurt
You scored 55 survival points!
you made it alive with only a little damage

My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 20% on survival

:unsure: