PDA

View Full Version : Return: Of The Battle Of The Bands

brotherdoobie
03-22-2005, 05:55 AM
Radiohead Vs Pink Floyd...who would win? and what are they fighting over?
A girl?

Peace bd :cool:

Adster
03-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Pink Floyd I'd have to say been around longer put on a great light show more variety in the music more complex.

I like radiohead too but really have to be in the mood for it..... or in a very depressed mood like wanting to kill yourself fake plastic tree great song gets me down everytime

brenda
03-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Pink Floyd (the early years) not that I dislike the newer stuff, I just enjoy the sound they had back in the day. Radiohead are just depressing for the sake of being depressing whereas PF were depressing in a kind of 'we're-all-going-to-be-treated-like-and-die-soon-but-lets-enjoy-the-ride' kinda way

brotherdoobie
03-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Pink Floyd (the early years) not that I dislike the newer stuff, I just enjoy the sound they had back in the day. Radiohead are just depressing for the sake of being depressing whereas PF were depressing in a kind of 'we're-all-going-to-be-treated-like-and-die-soon-but-lets-enjoy-the-ride' kinda way

Hmmm...that's the impression I get from Radiohead (how you described Floyd)
Pink Floyd's early work was awsome (after, Waters left...they lost their soul)

Wish You Were Here...originally written,about Syd Barretts departure,is a great song. (I wonder how many times...David Gilmore played that tune,drunk and alone,wishing for Roger's return?)

My vote go's with Radiohead...tough choice for me,but I can't stand what David Gilmore has done to the band (floyd).

Peace bd

Lilmiss
03-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Thats a hard one! :blink:

Although The Bends was a cracking album from Radiohead, I'll have to vote for Floyd. They get extra points for scaring me with The Wall video, when I was small....er. :lookaroun

I imagine them fighting over a game of golf.
:ermm:

brotherdoobie
03-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Thats a hard one! :blink:

Although The Bends was a cracking album from Radiohead, I'll have to vote for Floyd. They get extra points for scaring me with The Wall video, when I was small....er. :lookaroun

I imagine them fighting over a game of golf.
:ermm:

I believe Radiohead can't go out in the sun,I'm pretty sure it's in their contract.
(not sure about the golf.)

Peace bd

Arm
03-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Pink Floyd would win except for the part they are all old. :photo: But then again, on their worst day they are still better than Radiohead.

Heres a better fight: Radiohead vs. Tool. Both of them make dense, pretenctious, often tuneless, pseudo-intellectual bullshit. Both of their fans are arrogant idiots. The Tool fans being by far the worst. I would assume that it would be a more equal battle.

brotherdoobie
03-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Pink Floyd would win except for the part they are all old. :photo: But then again, on their worst day they are still better than Radiohead.

Heres a better fight: Radiohead vs. Tool. Both of them make dense, pretenctious, often tuneless, pseudo-intellectual bullshit. Both of their fans are arrogant idiots. The Tool fans being by far the worst. I would assume that it would be a more equal battle.

I am a fan,and I don't fit the stereotype you speak of Arm.

Peace bd

Arm
03-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Youre either in denial :shifty: or not a hardcore enough fan to be an arrogant idiot. :01:

brotherdoobie
03-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Youre either in denial :shifty: or not a hardcore enough fan to be an arrogant idiot. :01:

ffuk off ,,friend

pebd :blink: