PDA

View Full Version : oooppps ive nuked my bios chip

foot loose
03-22-2005, 05:18 PM
i was in the middle of flashing my bios when my pc shut down for no reason. now when i turn on my pc it starts up for about 2seconds then it stops, the monitor does not even turn on.. so i guess my bios has been wiped..
is there any way i can recover the bios.

two years ago my friend said that is you get a graphics card with a bois on it then you can you the gcard bios to boot up da pc.. is this true

my mobo is a biostar M7NCD..

Virtualbody1234
03-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Did you find out why it shut down during the flash? Are you sure you had the right BIOS update?

No the graphics card has its own BIOS and cannot bootup on its own.

You need to contact Biostar for a replacement chip or send them the board for them to do it.

foot loose
03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
im not sure why it shut down. but now the pc does not start. what about using a raid card thats got its own bios on it could i use it to recover the mobo bios???

Money Fist
03-22-2005, 06:01 PM
i love the topic title mate

SingaBoiy
03-22-2005, 06:01 PM
im not sure why it shut down. but now the pc does not start. what about using a raid card thats got its own bios on it could i use it to recover the mobo bios???
No, you will have to listen to Vb.

Bill_Clinton
03-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Testing :)

I see this post everywhere, cant be the same person

Money Fist
03-22-2005, 06:49 PM
no hard-ons today please Bill :P

foot loose
03-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Testing :)

I see this post everywhere, cant be the same person
yeh proberbly im always trying to fix my pc even though it work b4 i messed with it

trust me
if it ant broke don't try to fix it

Virtualbody1234
03-22-2005, 08:26 PM
yeh proberbly im always trying to fix my pc even though it work b4 i messed with it

trust me
if it ant broke don't try to fix it
That's good advice. They have something similar at the Biostar web site:
WARNING: Updating BIOS is not for everybody. If your motherboard is working okay, we do not recommend any BIOS update. Biostar is not responsible for any consequence as result of BIOS updates.
Source: http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=M7NCD