PDA

View Full Version : The Office - The American version

Busyman
03-25-2005, 05:13 AM
Well that does it for me....

The show sucked reeeeeaaalllly bad.

In fact it was the worst show that I've seen in awhile.
I felt I wasted 30 minutes of my life on this piece-o-shit. :angry:

It was like I was watching the movies Pootie Tang or Master Of Disguise.
Utter crap!!!! :angry:

I haven't seen the British version but it has to be 1000 times better. :dry:

edit: This is cool. BBC has a marathon of The Office starting 12 noon to 4 pm.

6 episodes. Second season marathon is on April 2 12-4 as well.

I've Tivo'd them all.

That's weird that 6 40 min episodes make a full season. :blink:

ilw
03-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah lots of british comedy seasons are about 6-8 eps unlike the american 20 odd. And its actually only 6 x 30 mins as the show is made by the BBC so it doesn't have any ad breaks in Britain.

enoughfakefiles
03-25-2005, 03:26 PM
I never liked the british one at first but the more you watch it the funnier it gets.:lol:

MagicNakor
03-25-2005, 04:32 PM
It's even better if you've worked in that type of environment. ;)

Can't say I've seen the NBC version though.

:shuriken:

DanB
03-25-2005, 07:43 PM
The Office was so funny, I loved it.

I used to have all the episodes on my pc but had to get rid of them cos I needed the space :(

Busyman
03-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I used to work in an office and wear a suit everyday so I thought I would like it. The movie Office Space was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better.

That movie even got our rush hour traffic right.

I wish they made THAT into a TV show.

david622
03-26-2005, 03:01 PM
i dunno... so far, comic strips (not comics, comic STRIPS) - movies/tv shows haven't been successful to my knowledge offhand.

A few I can think of are: garfield the movie SUCKED, i didn't really like the garfield tv show, the dilbert tv show never lasted. Basically, though office space the movie kicked ass i bet a tv version probaby wouldn't.

TheDave
03-26-2005, 03:09 PM
i cant imagine anyone being a dickhead as much as ricky gervais. if you've seen his standup as well you'll realise no one can really compare

Busyman
03-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I just finished watching the original Office and it was wayyyyyyy better.

I put my finger on why the American version sucks in comparison.

The lead character Ricky Gervais - very likable
The lead of the American version - dry as fuck, boring as shit

All the other characters in the original have way more life as well but main offense is our version piece-o-shit main character. :frusty:

Turd Ferguson
03-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Steve Carrell is the main guy, he was very funny in Anchorman and Bruce Almighty.
Obviously nobody can replace Gervais.

And Office Space rules!

matt526
03-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Yea the American version sucks. so stupid in-fact that I even sent NBC a email telling them as much. :sick: :sick:

ftcnt
03-28-2005, 09:53 PM
i didnt like it. not my type of humor.

exo_body
03-28-2005, 11:48 PM
yeah, i think the reason people dont like it, is cause it seems to be, i dunno, i different kind of humor than the british version. i love the British version, was watching it there today after watching the new American one, but it just doesnt feel very realistic. i might have found it funny if i hadnt have watched the original series, but because i have, it makes me think the American one is lacking that realistic feel. the characters are "acting" too much, making it seem like any other american comedy out there. but...thats just my opinion

Busyman
03-31-2005, 04:26 AM
yeah, i think the reason people dont like it, is cause it seems to be, i dunno, i different kind of humor than the british version. i love the British version, was watching it there today after watching the new American one, but it just doesnt feel very realistic. i might have found it funny if i hadnt have watched the original series, but because i have, it makes me think the American one is lacking that realistic feel. the characters are "acting" too much, making it seem like any other american comedy out there. but...thats just my opinion
Well I watched American one first and it sucked. I then watched the British one and was ok...it didn't have me in stitches but it was funny....a credit to great casting.