PDA

View Full Version : forwarding port, router issue.

leonidas
03-25-2005, 04:16 PM
first, I unfortunately know very very little about networks, and stuff like that,

In order to get high ID in emule I would like to forward the concerned ports, but when I get this screen,in my rooter's configuration interface, I don't know what do each field correspond to, and were I can find the information..

thanks in advance for your knowledge.

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-26-2005, 03:36 AM
well, the starting port is the first port in the range for emule, and the ending port is the last (check emules options to see what ports it uses)...................lemme ask this, what kind of router do you have and what is high ID? and someone else may know if emule is a udp or tcp. I would say its tcp, but i dont use emule.

leonidas
03-26-2005, 08:10 AM
thanks it worked

Skiz
03-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Have I been here before? :blink:

Mr JP Fugley
03-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Have I been here before? :blink:
You've been somewhere similar.

lynx
03-26-2005, 04:46 PM
well, the starting port is the first port in the range for emule, and the ending port is the last (check emules options to see what ports it uses).That's ok if emule only uses one port. But mapping several public ports to one private port won't work unless the program supports it.

Since programs like emule tell their peers which port(s) to use then if they use more than one port you have to map each port individually with the setup leonidas has shown.

Some routers allow you to map (forward) a range of public ports to a range of private ports, which is a much more suitable situation for progs which use multiple ports.