PDA

View Full Version : Notice of Copyright Infringement

skelley521
03-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Well, after 2 years of torrenting, I finally got my 1st notice of Copyright Infringement....lol.
I had been avoiding TorrentSpy and most other public sites, but got bored and stopped in.
I downloaded Norton's Ghost v9 from a link @ TorrentSpy and recieved my letter a few days later.
Tracker: http://mongo56.org:3434/announce

Just thought I would let everyone know.

Letter:

Dear Internet Access Subscriber:

Charter Communications ("Charter") has been notified by a copyright owner that
your Internet account has been involved in the exchange of unauthorized copies
of copyrighted material (music, movies, or software). We are enclosing a copy
of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice that Charter received
from the copyright holder.

It is possible that this activity has occurred without your permission or
knowledge by an unauthorized user, a minor who may not fully understand the
copyright laws, or even as a result of a computer virus. However, as a Charter
Internet account owner, you can be held liable for this activity.

As a personal computer owner and a user of the Internet, we ask that you be
aware of the following: Violations of federal Copyright law can result in civil
and/or criminal liability, including payment of monetary damages, costs and
attorneys' fees to the copyright owner. See 17 U.S.C. §§ 504-506. In addition,
Charter's Acceptable Use Policy explicitly prohibits copyright infringement by
Charter High-Speed Internet users. Specifically, Section 3 states:

NO COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT
Customer will not use, nor allow others to use, the Service to send or receive
any information which infringes the patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade
secrets or proprietary rights of any other person or entity. This includes, but
is not limited to, digitization of music, movies, photographs or other
copyrighted materials or software.

Charter is registered under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998
(DMCA). Under the DMCA, copyright owners have the right to notify Charter if
they believe that a Charter customer has infringed the copyright owner's
work(s). If Charter receives a notice from a copyright owner alleging any
Customer has committed copyright infringement, Charter will notify the Customer
of the alleged infringement. If Charter receives more than one notice alleging
copyright infringement on Customer's part, Customer may be deemed a "repeat
copyright infringer." Charter reserves the right to terminate the accounts of
repeat copyright infringers.

We ask that you take immediate action to remove the infringing material from your computer and stop its exchange. If Charter continues to receive DMCA notices regarding your account, or if you violate any other clause of Charter's Acceptable Use Policy, we will have no choice but to terminate your account. You may view Charter's rules and policies at http://www.chartercom.com/site/rules.asp.

If you need assistance in removing the referenced infringing material, please refer to http://support.charter.com/sdcuser/asp/SubpoenaUpdate.htm.

If you have any questions about this matter, please contact us at
1-866-229-7286. Representatives will be available Monday through Friday, 8am -
12am (EST), Saturday, 8am - 5pm (EST) and Sunday, 12pm - 5pm (EST), to take
your call.

Sincerely,

Charter High-Speed Internet Security Team
http://security.charter.com

--- The following material was provided to us as evidence ---

[Part 0:0 (plain text)]

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Charter Communications, Inc.
12405 Powerscourt Drive
St. Louis, MO 63131 US

RE: Unauthorized Distribution of the following copyrighted computer program(s):

Symantec Ghost

Dear Sir/Madam:

The Business Software Alliance (BSA) has determined that the connection listed
below, which appears to be using an Internet account under your control, is
using a BitTorrent network to offer unlicensed copies of copyrighted computer
programs published by the BSA's member companies.

Site Details:
----------------------------------------------
Date Found: 22 Mar 2005 06:03:14 EST (GMT -0500)
Network: BTPeers
IP Address: xxxxxxxxx
IP Port: xxxxx
Protocol: BitTorrent
UserName:

Content being offered:
----------------------------------------------
Filename: Norton.Ghost.9.torrent/NORTON GHOST 9.0.MSI
Filesize: 4,708k

The above computer program(s) is/are being made available for copying, through
downloading, at the above location without authorization from the copyright
owner(s).

Based upon BSA's representation of the copyright owners in anti-piracy matters,
we have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed
above have been authorized by the rightholders, their agents, or the law. BSA
represents that the information in this notification is accurate and states,
under penalty of perjury, that it is authorized to act in this matter on behalf
of the copyright owners listed above.

We are giving notice of these activities pursuant to Section 512 of Title 17
of the U.S. Code (as enacted by the 'Online Copyright Infringement Liability
Limitation Act'). We expect that you will take expeditious action to remove or
disable access to the materials described above, and thereby prevent the
illegal reproduction and distribution of pirated software via your company's
network. As you know, illegal on-line activities can result in 50 million
people on the Internet accessing and downloading a copyrighted product
worldwide without authorization - a highly damaging activity for the copyright
holder.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Please advise us regarding what
actions you take.

Please include the following CaseID in any response you send: Case ID xxxxxxx

Yours sincerely,

John R. Wolfe
Manager of Investigations
Business Software Alliance
1150 18th St NW Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036
URL: http://www.bsa.org
E-mail: X

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I got one also from comcast for getting a tv show from btefnet, about 2 months ago.

showstopper496
03-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Were u using peerguardian 2

Joakim Agren
03-27-2005, 03:35 AM
Hello!

I would just ignore that piece of shit and burn it as a ritual!. Continue filesharing!!

Unless you live in the USA where the laws are totally fucked up and people have no rights anymore basically US is owned by corporations!!. If that is the case then I would advice you to stop sharing software so that you do not once again appear in BSA registers!!.

skelley521
03-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Were u using peerguardian 2

No I wasn't, just the safepeer 2 plug-in.

I would just ignore that piece of shit and burn it as a ritual!. Continue filesharing!!

Unless you live in the USA where the laws are totally fucked up and people have no rights anymore basically US is owned by corporations!!. If that is the case then I would advice you to stop sharing software so that you do not once again appear in BSA registers!!

I live in the USA and I still couldn't help getting a laugh from it.
I download/upload several gigs daily and I got caught getting nortons ghost which I already had several copies of.....lol.

I have since tightened security with protowall w/ blocklist manager.
There are 3971419597 known IP addresses in 54866 ranges blocked now ;)

Vargas
03-27-2005, 03:07 PM
well that's still not enough protection, if youre connecting to a tracker it will tell the world (anyone else connected to the swarm, or viewing the server stats pages) your IP and what youre sharing/downloading/uploading without "them" even connecting to you directly.

{I}{K}{E}
03-27-2005, 03:13 PM
well that's still not enough protection, if youre connecting to a tracker it will tell the world (anyone else connected to the swarm, or viewing the server stats pages) your IP and what youre sharing/downloading/uploading without "them" even connecting to you directly.

But don't they need to 'connect' 2 you before they can 'warn' you?

skelley521
03-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I was wondering..
The filesize they report is : 4,708k
The actual file is 31.7 MB

It seems that they are watching public trackers.
I was warned several weeks ago to stay away from TorrentSpy and The Pirates Bay, my fault for not listening.

NikkiD
03-27-2005, 04:19 PM
No, they don't need to connect to you - they just need to see your IP on the tracker.

I received a similar letter a few months ago from my ISP - strange thing about it was that it was regarding a movie that I hadn't downloaded. I admit, I upload/download several GB per day, but I had never downloaded the movie they were talking about (a cam version of The Grudge to be exact), and I rarely ever use public trackers, especially not the one in question. I informed them of this mistake, and assured them that it wasn't me, they said it could have been someone else in the house. I told them that was doubtful, and that I may have clicked on the link, then realized what it was and cancelled it. (I don't download cams) They said that as long as I was connected to the tracker for even a couple minutes, and my IP was noted, that would have been all they needed to report me to my ISP.

skelley521
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Ok, I was doing a good cleaning of my system and when I opened 'Your Uninstaller Pro 2004' and went into 'Start Up Organizer' I noticed 2 new startups that were never there before. I do this daily as I like to test appz and see what's going on.
They had no information associated with them just an icon of the M$ sharing hand.
1 was at the very beginning and 1 was at the end. As I said, there was no information in the description; command or source as with all the other startup items.
The only new programs that I installed were protowall and blocklist manager.
Protowall is showing up with all the proper information.
My question is: Do you think that my ISP may have installed any monitoring software or am I just getting paranoid.

erRor67
03-29-2005, 01:24 AM
Wow, people are now getting busted for download apps? Hmm, all ive seen were people getting caught downloading music and movies. I didnt realize they were already watching programs. Damn.. ><

Money Fist
03-29-2005, 01:33 AM
My question is: Do you think that my ISP may have installed any monitoring software or am I just getting paranoid.
i really doubt it, its possibly just loose spyware
unless ur with an ISP like AOL that installs so much crap to ur PC

skelley521
03-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Wow, people are now getting busted for download apps? Hmm, all ive seen were people getting caught downloading music and movies. I didnt realize they were already watching programs. Damn.. ><

Tell me about it....atleast they didn't catch the 5 svcd that I am still seeding....lol

No AOL & no spyware here. I am an appz junkie after all....lol.

Spyware blaster, Spybot, Ad-aware pro, CounterSpy, CA etrust 5.0, Spyware Doctor, Spy Sweeper, PestPatrol Corporate v4.5.1.5, SpySubtract pro just to name a few...lol

I was to quick to remove it from start-up, I should have researched it further.

Money Fist
03-29-2005, 03:11 AM
I should have researched it further.
yea true
maybe a hijack this log file analysis could of enlightened you
ow well maybe (not hopfully) untill next time :)

erRor67
03-29-2005, 03:23 AM
yeah, AOL blows. I used to have it (two years free) and their browser sucked. I would just log in and use my other broswer (IE at the time). THe ISP ComCast also sells out their customers. But I dont know about monitoring software. Thats a bit spyware if ya ask me. :rolleyes:

Formula1
03-29-2005, 03:54 AM
Yeah i have comcast... hopefully they havent noticed i've downloaded and uploaded over 70GB this past month. Anyway, i think i may have to get out of the habit of using torrentspy and other public trackers. When eever i go to torrentspy, it seems "Hollywood interactive" always loads up as blocked in pg2.

abu_has_the_power
03-29-2005, 04:46 AM
y does no one ever get protowall? i've been bting for 3 years with protowall and using torrents from all the public sites (suprnova, torrentspy, etc) and i've never had a problem

Money Fist
03-29-2005, 11:58 AM
parhaps we should launch a protowall awareness week

erRor67
03-29-2005, 11:24 PM
I use Protowall. To me, its a lot better than the new PeerGuardian2.. Although, PG2 does give some options that I would like Protowall to have in the future. ;)

ricochet
03-30-2005, 04:38 AM
I use Protowall. To me, its a lot better than the new PeerGuardian2.. Although, PG2 does give some options that I would like Protowall to have in the future. ;)

True, I also use PW and have never had any letters or anything. I also dont use public trackers. only Private sites now.

Formula1
03-30-2005, 04:53 AM
i prefer pg2 its easier to use and i dont have to worry about manually updating the ip's myself ;)

Xanthus
03-30-2005, 05:27 AM
At around the same time, we received dmca removal notices for that that file and others from the BSA. Since we are dmca complaint, we promptly removed all content they requested off our search engine.

We were requested to remove the following items:

Adobe Acrobat
AUTODESK DISCREET 3D STUDIO MAX
Symantec Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition
Norton Ghost 9

The BSA is working to rid these files off as many public trackers that they can find. If you want to avoid a dmca notice from your ISP, i'd suggest not downloading them.

Peer Guardian isnt going to help you. These are huge companies that employ people for the sole purpose of tracking down sites and users that infringe on their copyrights. They will do whatever it takes including using dynamic ips, proxies, remote servers from all over the world.

The truth of the matter is that if you want to download copyrighten material off the internet, your taking a risk while doing it.

Unless you live in the USA where the laws are totally fucked up and people have no rights anymore basically US is owned by corporations!!. If that is the case then I would advice you to stop sharing software so that you do not once again appear in BSA registers!!.

What do you mean? How are the laws in the US totally fucked? Would you rather live in another country that will through you in jail for downloading?

I was warned several weeks ago to stay away from TorrentSpy and The Pirates Bay, my fault for not listening.

The warning claimed massive raids on torrent websites. I checked into this story and had a chat with the guy that put out that warning. His claims did not check out.

-Xanthus
www.torrentspy.com

skelley521
03-30-2005, 09:04 AM
What site(URL) does PeerGuardian2 use to update its blocklist?
I had the safepeer 2.5.1 plug-in for azureus that uses one of the sites that blocklist manager uses (bluetack).

Hey Xanthus, a warning would have been nice. From now on when you recieve request of that nature how about letting us know ;)

lynx
03-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey Xanthus, a warning would have been nice. From now on when you recieve request of that nature how about letting us know ;)
Meanwhile, at the BSA office...

"Hey guys, all we have to do is send a notice to Torrentspy and they'll warn everyone to stop downloading our software. Kewl". :shutup:

skelley521
03-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Meanwhile, at the BSA office...

"Hey guys, all we have to do is send a notice to Torrentspy and they'll warn everyone to stop downloading our software. Kewl". :shutup:

It would have let people know that they are also pursuing software and public trackers.....think deeper........

Vargas
03-30-2005, 10:59 PM
news flash: Norton/Symantec has been going after pirates for years. its common knowledge

skelley521
03-30-2005, 11:34 PM
news flash: Norton/Symantec has been going after pirates for years. its common knowledge

flashy;flashy:It's not so much as symantec as some of the others that are listed or not.

MCHeshPants420
03-31-2005, 12:07 AM
You download stuff for free (pirating) then you take the risk of getting caught. Don't expect the site admin to be warning you off everything that might get you in trouble, they have enough to worry about keeping their sites running.

Peerguardian is worse than useless, unless it blocked out the entire internet they're going to be able to monitor what you're uploading/downloading with apps like Bittorrent. But that might be a little counter-productive.

If you're really concerned about security then start using private trackers or learn how to use Newsgroups.

At the end of the day if you get caught for illegally downloading you have nobody to blame but yourself.

skelley521
03-31-2005, 12:38 AM
You download stuff for free (pirating) then you take the risk of getting caught. Don't expect the site admin to be warning you off everything that might get you in trouble, they have enough to worry about keeping their sites running.

Peerguardian is worse than useless, unless it blocked out the entire internet they're going to be able to monitor what you're uploading/downloading with apps like Bittorrent. But that might be a little counter-productive.

If you're really concerned about security then start using private trackers or learn how to use Newsgroups.

At the end of the day if you get caught for illegally downloading you have nobody to blame but yourself.

I do use private trackers and newz.
I am not blaming anyone, just asked a question.
I stated that I knew better, but just made the mistake and your point is??

MCHeshPants420
03-31-2005, 12:44 AM
I do use private trackers and newz.
I am not blaming anyone, just asked a question.
I stated that I knew better, but just made the mistake and your point is??

Hopefully you'll learn from your mistake then. Though I doubt anyone will cry many tears if an unpleasant individual such as yourself gets caught and sued for every penny he's worth.

Happy filesharing. :)

skelley521
03-31-2005, 01:09 AM
Pahleeze, I would hope that I dont see any tears..

Rip The Jacker
03-31-2005, 03:03 AM
I still don't know how to download stuff from Newsgroups, is it safe? :unsure:

Vargas
03-31-2005, 03:35 AM
it's about as safe as leeching can get

Rip The Jacker
04-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Peerguardian is worse than useless...
I was downloading a song with Ares, when suddenly...

http://img30.exs.cx/img30/449/whoops2bz.jpg

Seems like its working for me... :)

Formula1
04-01-2005, 04:11 AM
What site(URL) does PeerGuardian2 use to update its blocklist?
I had the safepeer 2.5.1 plug-in for azureus that uses one of the sites that blocklist manager uses (bluetack).

pg2 uses the lists from blocklist.org

Money Fist
04-01-2005, 03:37 PM
I was downloading a song with Ares, when suddenly...

http://img30.exs.cx/img30/449/whoops2bz.jpg

Seems like its working for me... :)
those universitys can be nosey bastards
i get hits from them alot too
maybe its just students pissing about with P2P programs
i should know i used to do it myself :P

Hephaestus
04-02-2005, 06:42 AM
those universitys can be nosey bastards
i get hits from them alot too
maybe its just students pissing about with P2P programs
i should know i used to do it myself :P

I remember using my university's connection a couple of months ago to try and download a file using Bittorrent, and nothing was happening because I'm pretty sure I was being blocked thanks to Safepeer and Peerguardian. I brought my laptop home and it worked like a charm again lol

hellbender
04-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Usenet is one of the safest popular ways to get releases, but you generally have to pay a monthly fee of $15 or so to get access to it.

If you get a copyright infringement email, the best thing you can do is NOT RESPOND TO IT. Silence is NOT an admission of guilt. If you reply back to them, that means that you actually READ the email, and if it turns out that you go to court they can use the emails against you. And its not like your reply will make them think otherwise. Saying it wasn't you won't get you off the hook at all.

Its not a huge benefit... They'll probably nail you anyway even if you're quiet. But there's ABSOLUTELY no positives about replying to the email, and a possible negative, so there's no point in doing it.

roger56
04-18-2006, 11:42 PM
I've had 2 of these notices in about 4 years - both for movies. My response each time was that I was taking immediate action to remove the material.

Since it's "big" movies, songs, and well know software that they target, I get them mainly from private trackers or private usenet servers (newshosting.com).

I also use PeerGuardian.

james_bond_rulez
04-18-2006, 11:51 PM
i dont understand why u guys still use peerguarding, blocking bad ppl ain't gonna save ur ass from getting sue fried by big brothers

better stick to usenet, haven't heard a single legal issue with it, RIAA&MPAA can't even touch it

j0hn
04-19-2006, 07:28 AM
peerguardian "blocks the bad ppl" just like u said, so why not use it.
if they cant connect to u to download the files, they cant prove u have them...
also, it blocks the anti-p2p organisations who send out bad files/pieces.

james_bond_rulez
04-19-2006, 10:25 AM
sure u've blocked them, but that doesn't mean they can't get u :P

so why bother

"if they cant connect to u to download the files, they cant prove u have them..."

that has not proven to work since day 1 PeerGuardian was invented

dedset
04-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Stick to private trackers, a lot less risk.

fberb
05-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Where do you find private trackers, I received a warning letter from Comcast.

M@d_H@773r
05-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Does anybody know what's liable to happen to you on first offence, in the UK?

ViOLATION
05-19-2006, 12:52 PM
hahah I got one of these last year, I just ignored it and moved on. :D

naamah
05-20-2006, 10:35 PM
what I want to know is why does everyone here think that private trackers are so much safer? Private trackers are cool and all, but how is getting an account during an open registration on a private tracker any different than going to somewhere such as torrentspy or piratebay?

my perception of private trackers is they give good speeds because most ppl actually care about ratio, but I dont see how they offer any extra security at all

stamsst
05-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Oh my god ! :shutup:
I was sure that the torrent network is safe !

link.king
05-29-2006, 04:01 AM
So what's the final solution to prevent such messages in future??:lol:

Just stop downloading or what??:cry:

romedundun
05-29-2006, 09:58 AM
keep downloading! just be cautious. private trackers provide a lesser chance of getting caught..but it is just.. a lesser chance. doesn't mean you're invisible to them.

shwn
05-31-2006, 04:26 PM
this sucks...

Peerzy
06-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Just take the piss out of them, thats what i do. They cannot prove you downloaded the film without doing a number of things themselfs:

Downloading the item themselfs - which is illigal
Contacting your ISP and asking them to check what you are downloading - illigal
Just looking at your IP on a tracker - no proof, say you thought Norton Ghost was a homemade horror movie

The Grudge could be a homemade fight scene between some friends, Spiderman could be a guy who eats spiders, well you get the idea. They cannot prove you downloaded what you did without breaking the law themselfs, and a torrent being called something does not prove it is infact what the name is. I told some company once i tried to download Spiderman but all i got was a fake file:lol:

rguinn
06-07-2006, 06:30 PM
damn, that's lame. I had a scare recently with my website, as they finally realized I was hosting an insane amount of "copyrighted" material and suspended my account.
but they didn't even notice the copyrighted material I uploaded! they got hung up over a "The White Stripes" album uploaded by someone else with ftp access. who listens to the white stripes? ....
luckly, blatant innocent denial still does the trick when it comes to webhosts

naamah
06-08-2006, 09:43 PM
The Grudge could be a homemade fight scene between some friends, Spiderman could be a guy who eats spiders, well you get the idea. They cannot prove you downloaded what you did without breaking the law themselfs, and a torrent being called something does not prove it is infact what the name is. I told some company once i tried to download Spiderman but all i got was a fake file:lol:

while certainly amusing, I really couldnt see that holding up anywhere. It would seek akin to telling a cop you were speeding because your speedometer dosent work. Ya know, the whole "ignorance is not an acceptable defense".

rguinn: thats a nice avatar ya got there :happy:

ownage
06-09-2006, 11:09 AM
doesn't peer guardian avoids those situations?

loveman
06-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Now that is very messed up ...

Can just see more and more of these letters though coming in the future :(

rguinn
06-12-2006, 02:48 AM

while certainly amusing, I really couldnt see that holding up anywhere. It would seek akin to telling a cop you were speeding because your speedometer dosent work. Ya know, the whole "ignorance is not an acceptable defense".

rguinn: thats a nice avatar ya got there :happy:

hey, you too :P

deuce6000
06-12-2006, 09:53 AM
I would never acknowledge them if i recieved a letter it just shows guilt even if you are trying to deny it.Just try to protect yourself better.

oldjagman
06-24-2006, 07:28 AM
am I just getting paranoid.

Of course not! You know they are out to get us and all the IP blockers in the world wont stop them!

The question is how do they ever get in front of us?

If we run into a brick wall we are really stuffed.

Until then I shall carry on updating my vinyl and tape collection to CD and my VHS to AVI/DVD. I am 63, live on a pension and I paid for it all once. I see no reason why I should pay all over again for a media change - especially at UK rip-off prices!

Remember the old Music Industry slogan "Home taping is killing music" - haven't heard the last rites yet!

MrOliver
06-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Hi everyone.
I'm just a newbie at all this so I might be at a loss here, but it's this thing about monitoring that you discussed. Doesn't the cops/riaa etc. actually have to be connected to the same torrent as you at the same time as you
in order to prove that you actually shared anything?
And if so, shouldn't this mean the occasional sharer is fairly safe?

chrosi
08-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Here's my recent DMCA notice. Has anyone ever been booted off their ISP for copyright violations? That would suck more than a lawsuit. Anyway, I'll stick to private trackers in the future for HBO shows at least.

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in writing by sending a letter or e-mail to:

Comcast Legal Response Center
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
650 Centerton Road
Moorestown, NJ 08057 U.S.A.
Phone: (856) 317-7272
Fax: (856) 317-7319
E-mail: [email protected]

For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy, procedures, and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking on the Terms of Service link at http://www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,
Comcast Legal Response Center

Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:

Infringing Work: Entourage

Filepath: ^mininova.org^ Entourage.S03E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL.[eztv].torrent
Filename: Entourage.S03E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi
First Found: 17 Jul 2006 18:18:04 EDT (GMT -0400)
Last Found: 17 Jul 2006 18:18:04 EDT (GMT -0400)
Filesize: 238,596k
IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
IP Port: 32462
Network: BTPeers
Protocol: BitTorrent

cerote
08-03-2006, 08:11 AM
I got 4 of them a few months ago from comcast.

pECi
08-03-2006, 02:13 PM
how lame...you deserve to use the service however u see fit as long as you're paying for it...the nerve on those people...to tell u not to download something...

BTMach
08-03-2006, 07:21 PM
@chrosi
are you using an ipfilter?

simon0w
08-03-2006, 10:07 PM
How much safer is it to use a private tracker?

BTMach
08-04-2006, 12:36 AM

As far as I know, using a private tracker is the safest form of downloading next to usenet.

quadomatic
01-04-2007, 01:03 AM
it seems like comcast sends a lot of DMCA infringement notices

I've never heard of SBC/ATT Yahoo DSL sending notices, so maybe you should try that?

General2k
01-04-2007, 04:55 AM
Why the hell did you bump a topic that is almost 2 years old from its original post and over 4 months from the last post?
Mongo56.org has been long since dead.

quadomatic
01-05-2007, 01:30 AM
does it really matter?

ck_psu08
01-05-2007, 03:40 AM
haha forget it

1b4dm0f0
01-05-2007, 04:12 AM

not that much safer

safa
01-05-2007, 07:23 AM

I've never heard of SBC/ATT Yahoo DSL sending notices, so maybe you should try that?

You been sleeping for the last 4 months? :noes:

lysine
01-05-2007, 07:51 AM

it seems that way because they're the number one broadband provider in the united states.

gamer4eva
01-05-2007, 08:52 AM
This thread is old!!!!

Gish
01-06-2007, 05:44 AM
well I can say that people are still reading this so why not keep adding to it. anyway PG and protowall only help when downloading from a P2P program like limewire or eDonkey. Make sure your DHT setting is disabled on your torrent client. that will make it so your IP is only visable to those downloading that torrent and not just anyone that once to see it in the network. also of course update you IPfilter.dat
Also if you have Verizon DSL they have a very good privacy rules. meaning they will not rat you out. they have even gone to court about not giving out IP's to the RIAA and MPAA

Just some tips:)

gamer4eva
01-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Nice tips man....but personally if you feel threatened just use Newsgroups. That way its impossible to get done because your activity is not recorded at all and or nobody else views your IP. They do keep logs i presume but i doubt they keep them long.