PDA

View Full Version : the inventors of spyware will help you remove spyware trust them trust microsoft u l

MediaSlayer
03-27-2005, 09:57 AM
In the 53rd response of this thread (http://www.computing.net/windows95/wwwboard/forum/3943.html) a person who claims to have worked for microsoft is saying that DCOM is used as a means to gather data that relates to registration and licensing of its products from end users. He goes on to explain the fact that Microsoft states in the EULA that any user who does not want this can simply refuse to install windows. Well, that's a nice and workable solution. Simply don't install windows. One small problem, though. At the present time, they have such a corner on the market, that's not much of a possibility for the average user. Also, what 3rd party is overseeing this information gathering, and making sure they don't gather more information than they need to make sure I'm not stealing windows? And come to think of it, who decides exactly what information is needed to find out if a person is stealing windows? Considering the anti-trust lawsuit, and how it ended, I ask this question: Regardless of the EULA, is their behavior criminal? In many countries it is not illegal to do certain things, simply because it's not written in the law. But is it morally wrong?

George orwell is giving me nightmares.

The link given in this article (http://neworder.box.sk/smsread.php?newsid=7243) used to contain a link to an article posted on the tecchannel site that went into great detail about windows update and what information they gather when you visit windows update, but the article was moved and now i can't update the link, mostly because i don't speak german.

TheDave
03-27-2005, 08:51 PM
i know a guy like that. he got kicked out the army when he broke his back. he's also 19 and can walk ok :rolleyes:

MediaSlayer
03-28-2005, 02:15 AM
i was so sick after i read this i thought i was gonna vomit (http://neworder.box.sk/forum.php?did=edge5304&thread=94628). i would have put it in the original post, but i didn't see it until after i posted.

lynx
03-28-2005, 09:08 AM
It's so thrilling reading all this late breaking news.

However do you manage to keep up. :dry:

clocker
03-28-2005, 11:27 AM

I know, he's in for a big shock.
Just wait till he discovers that the US invaded Iraq.

bigboab
03-28-2005, 11:41 AM
I know, he's in for a big shock.
Just wait till he discovers that the US invaded Iraq.

Where is Iraq? Is it anywhere near Mesopotamia? :unsure:

clocker
03-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Where is Iraq? Is it anywhere near Mesopotamia? :unsure:
It used to be before Service Pack 2.
I don't know where MS put it now.

bigboab
03-28-2005, 12:01 PM
It used to be before Service Pack 2.
I don't know where MS put it now.

Will it work with MS_DOS 3.1?

clocker
03-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Will it work with MS_DOS 3.1?
No, but it will install on the newer versions of Linux if you recompile the kernel.
This is how Saddam hid the WMD...Windows cannot see a Linux partition.

Snee
03-28-2005, 12:51 PM
While the third link does make for an interesting read, I'm not too worried about any such schemes actually taking place in the near future.

I bet microsoft would love to be able to control us that way, but they'd never get away with it, not really.
There's a limit to what they can get away with, although they do seem to be able to go a bit further than what I'd like already.

bigboab
03-28-2005, 03:59 PM
No, but it will install on the newer versions of Linux if you recompile the kernel.
This is how Saddam hid the WMD...Windows cannot see a Linux partition.

Will I need a certain Moderators(not that any of them are certain) permission to tamper with the kernel? :blink:

lynx
03-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Will I need a certain Moderators(not that any of them are certain) permission to tamper with the kernel? :blink:Just don't play with your nuts in public.

I think we all know where this is going....going....gone.

enoughfakefiles
03-28-2005, 04:58 PM
/moved back to the drawing room.

MediaSlayer
03-29-2005, 01:20 AM

i never knew rpc/dcom was used for that, are you suggesting that it's common knowledge? maybe on this board, but not society in general.

moved? i posted in the drawing room to begin with : 0

brotherdoobie
03-29-2005, 04:05 AM

When did you become so full of yourself? :)

Peace bd

lynx
03-29-2005, 09:02 AM
i never knew rpc/dcom was used for that, are you suggesting that it's common knowledge? maybe on this board, but not society in general.It's six years old, FFS, and the bit that's really worrying you is from a self-confessed disallusioned (whatever that may mean) Microsoft ex-employee.

Ask yourself why (s)he might be "disallusioned" - (s)he got fired! Damn, you've got to be bad to get fired by Microsoft.

But forget all that, they really ARE out to get you. :wacko:

TheDave
03-29-2005, 12:49 PM
what do we do when palladium comes out? boycott it?

tesco
03-29-2005, 01:24 PM
what do we do when palladium comes out? boycott it?
yes. :01:

TheDave
03-29-2005, 01:53 PM
how do we spread the word to n00bs? :vivaledevolution:

manker
03-29-2005, 01:55 PM
how do we spread the word to n00bs? :vivaledevolution:Skype.

TheDave
03-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Skype.
is that a kind of fish?

manker
03-29-2005, 02:08 PM
is that a kind of fish?Could be, I was gonna see how it turned out :naughty:

TheDave
03-29-2005, 02:13 PM
i was thinking you maight have meant :icke:
:unsure:

Illuminati
03-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Palladium = Skynet, anyone? ;)

MediaSlayer
03-30-2005, 01:18 AM
and the bit that's really worrying you

I would have thought that this-

George orwell is giving me nightmares.

would have made it clear enough.

I think we all know where this is going....going....gone.

what's gone is your attention span, otherwise you would have found this little gem in the 3rd link...

"This has a remarkable similarity to the "Ministry of Truth" in George Orwell's "1984" where the government continually faked information, both new and old, the entire country over to make themsleves appear "correct" all the time."

TheDave
03-30-2005, 01:44 AM
the world wont switch to palladium over night. poor kids cant afford it.

bujub22
03-30-2005, 03:00 AM
i know a guy like that. he got kicked out the army when he broke his back. he's also 19 and can walk ok :rolleyes:
is his name nick?

TheDave
03-30-2005, 02:07 PM
admiral lee

DoktaLuv
04-14-2005, 06:37 PM
This is yet another reason why I'm slowly evolving to usage of only my trusty old Commodore 64...