PDA

View Full Version : A Canadian Apology

MagicNakor
04-06-2003, 05:58 AM
I'm not really sure where to put this, so if you mods find that it's not suited for the lounge, feel free to move it. ;)

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry. I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron but, it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all, it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our lumber dispute. Just because we have more trees than you, doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the war of 1812. I notice you've repainted it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we feel your pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way, which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this.

We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

And, thusly I don a flame-retardant suit. ;)

:ninja:

hobbes
04-06-2003, 06:39 AM
Why would Canadas' opinion on anything matter?

You would be a US state if you had any value.

Sorry but you guys have no influence over anything.

When I think of Canada, I think of nothing.

Americans neither love nor hate you, we give you the grandest complement of indifference.

Did Hitler surrender to Canadians, or did the US liberate France and help to defeat Hitler. Gosh, we helped Quebecs homeland and won the war too.

I really want to say this: I grew up in America, I see Canada as our peaceful neighbor to the North. I like you guys, I have visited your beautiful country, and I don't understand why you think we disrespect you.

It probably comes from border states. Missouri hates Kansas, Missouri pretends to hate Illinois. These are our borders and these are just friendly rivalries. It is just for fun.

We in the US like our Canadian neighbors, period.

kAb
04-06-2003, 07:34 AM
i love it!! :lol:

cooolway
04-06-2003, 07:41 AM
me too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

j2k4
04-06-2003, 07:56 AM
Canada doesn't suck, and it isn't feckless or irrelevant either-SO THERE!

MagicNakor
04-06-2003, 08:49 AM
Ah, I love This Hour Has 22 Minutes. :D I think my favourite spot on it was "Talking to Americans."

Of course, Rick Mercer's hour special of that was most excellent.

Texas Governor George W. Bush: I'm glad to have the support of Prime Minister Jean 'Poutine.'

I hope he has the name right now. ;)

kAb
04-06-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@5 April 2003 - 19:56
Canada doesn't suck, and it isn't feckless or irrelevant either-SO THERE!
umm this is showing how arrogant the U.S. is and how seemingly intelligent Canada is..

Z
04-06-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@5 April 2003 - 23:49
Ah, I love This Hour Has 22 Minutes. :D I think my favourite spot on it was "Talking to Americans."

Of course, Rick Mercer's hour special of that was most excellent.

Texas Governor George W. Bush: I'm glad to have the support of Prime Minister Jean 'Poutine.'

I hope he has the name right now. ;)

yes, but out of how many people they interviewed, that is how many they used. how many people do u think they interviewed? tons.
actually the bush and gore bits were quite amusing, but they were not paying attention and really didnt care much. the real funny parts were with the governer of alabama when he said straight to the camera "congrats on your new 24 hour clock!". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lamsey
04-06-2003, 09:51 PM
All of you (USA-lovers too) should read Stupid White Men by Michael Moore.

It points out just what's wrong with America today and is very funny too.

ClubDiggler
04-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Dear Canadians;

Your apology is accepted! We are already used to you!

Sincerely,

USA :)

NikkiD
04-07-2003, 12:10 AM
I love it...

I'm not in any way anti-American, in fact I love the US, visit often and have many, many friends there. But you have to love Canadian humour. Royal Canadian AirFarce is also a great one.

Lamsey
04-07-2003, 12:29 AM
Good Canadian/American story:

An American aircraft carrier was cruising up the East Coast of Northern America with a large accompanying fleet.

In the bridge of the carrier, the radar operator noticed a blip on his screen directly ahead of the fleet.

He signalled this to the comms officer, who opened a radio channel and requested that they change course 10 degrees north to avoid collision with the fleet.

The blip was a Canadian, who responded "Sorry, US fleet, we must request that you change course 10 degrees south in order to avoid collision."

The Americans roared with laughter. The comms officer responded "Sorry, Canadian vessel, we must request that you alter your course to avoid collision."

The Canadians replied, "Sorry, US fleet, we must request that you change course 10 degrees south in order to avoid collision."

The comms officer then informed the ship's commander that some Canadians were "getting cocky". The commander then spoke to the Canadians himself:
"Now listen here, punk. This is one of the most heavily armed aircraft carriers on the planet. I have a huge supporting fleet as well as dozens of fighters and bombers on board. Now you are going to move out of our way, OK?"

The Canadians replied, "Sorry, sir, we really must request that you change course 10 degrees south in order to avoid collision."

The Americans went apopleptic and  :flame: ed at them for some time.

The Canadians then replied: "We're a lighthouse. Your call."

This is a true story, told to me by retired Captain PJD Moriarity of the Royal Navy.

hobbes
04-07-2003, 12:34 AM
So how did they move the lighthouse?

j2k4
04-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@6 April 2003 - 18:51
All of you (USA-lovers too) should read Stupid White Men by Michael Moore.

It points out just what's wrong with America today and is very funny too.
WeeMouse pointed this out the other day-I will expand on my response.

Michael Moore has nothing to offer of any consequence, he writes to provoke reactions. His first attempt at comedy, entitled "Roger and Me" (what it's about is, believe me, of no import) attracted the attention of some stupid people who knew many other stupid people. They, in turn, deified Mr. Moore (who is himself a stupid person), and convinced him (it wasn't difficult) that he could be the leader of the stupid people if he would write more tripe. This he consented to do. He has enjoyed modest success as a provacateur, and is so enamored of himself he has several more books in the hopper, among them:
"I'm Stupid-You're Stupid"

"Ego and Stupidity: Managing Your Assets"

"Stupidity and Logic-A User's Guide"

Ah, Lamsey-WeeMouse........don't be fooled, smell the B.S., don't eat it.

Lamsey
04-07-2003, 01:08 AM
I'm guessing that
1) you're American
2) you like having a non-elected President
3) you are happy living in one of the most unfair societies in the world
4) you need to follow your own advice

Every fact in Michael Moore's book is backed up by evidence (check the bibliography) - and some of the facts in the story are too important to ignore.

Instead of just calling him stupid, come up with a better argument please.
The most powerful man in the world is verystupid, but that never stopped him.

freeksho
04-07-2003, 02:26 AM
believe me i was pissed when bush was declared the winer of that election but i wil agree with the way hes handled our biz since 9-11 " blow up our shit well blow up yours" :devil:

ClubDiggler
04-07-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@6 April 2003 - 22:08

I'm guessing that
1) you're American

Every fact in Michael Moore's book is backed up by evidence (check the bibliography) - and some of the facts in the story are too important to ignore.

I might agree with you as much as %70; If you can believe that.
I am just confused about point 3. I think you might be stretching it
a little. By that I mean, it is ridiculous to say that America is one of
the most unfair societies in the world.

Why is it then that a lot of people want to come to this 'so called unfair
society'?

Maybe you can elaborate.
I'm dying to know? :blink:

j2k4
04-07-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@6 April 2003 - 22:08

I'm guessing that
1) you're American

1) I am an American.

2) Wrong; he was elected. If, like many others, you believe he was "given" the Presidency by the Supreme Court, you would be in error. A little history:
After the Court made it's decision, the vote count did indeed go on, though not under official auspices: it was conducted by a flock of pro-Gore liberal groups who believed that they could somehow retroactively affect the election results, or at the least cast doubt on the court's decision. About 8 months later, they announced (in a wee, small, page 20-type voice) they had finished the count, and Dubya DID win, even expanding his lead.
So, to all who read this, drop the "Bush cheated to win" bullshit-it doesn't wash, and don't ask for a link, either. If, at this late date, you haven't availed yourself of the facts in a timely fashion, don't expect me to make it easy for you by providing a "link".

3) I am fortunate enough to live in the FAIREST society in the world. I would happily disabuse you of any proof you think you have to the contrary.

4) I LIVE my advice.

A bibliography is easy to assemble if you choose to rely on the same kind of crap you're writing; there is no shortage of wrong-headedness in print over here-it's one of the "benefits" of a FAIR society.
If you want to rely on Mr. Moore's fact-checking, feel free. He probably commissioned a "custom" bibliography after he wrote the book.

If you want to blast Bush, thats fine. I'm sure it won't bother him; he believes in free speech.

Lamsey
04-07-2003, 03:00 PM
" blow up our shit well blow up yours"
There are a lot of people who disagree with that ideology...

@ j2k4: I think we will have to agree to disagree on this - I guess the truth depends on who you want to believe.

@ ClubDiggler: read the book. You might also want to ask j2k4 about it to get the other point of view. It probably pays to know both sides of the argument.

j2k4
04-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@7 April 2003 - 16:00
It probably pays to know both sides of the argument.
Yes, it does. Not even probably.
It is difficult (always) to entertain facts sans pre-conceptions-takes LOTS of practice. I find it helpful to be older and wiser. :D :D :D

I wasn't always.

WeeMouse
04-07-2003, 04:04 PM
listen guys, I'm just an outsider looking at America over a big pond...HOWEVER ...

With the facts, you can see that George W isn't exactly the most wonderful and charismatic leader that ever lived and it's more than likely he rigged the election somehow...

but the way i see it is just because I'm not too fond of America's leader doesn't mean i don't like Americans - you guys are great!!! Any American tourists that I've met are always lovely and think my accent's cute :D

But you really should have had Scottish, English and even French soldiers too in "Saving Private Ryan" - It was made to look like USA was the only nation fighting in WW2! :P :lol:

j2k4
04-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@7 April 2003 - 17:04
With the facts, you can see that George W isn't exactly the most wonderful and charismatic leader that ever lived and it's more than likely he rigged the election somehow...

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHH!!!!!!
I give up, WeeMouse.

Thank you for your other kind comments.

Re: "Saving Private Ryan": The movie was fairly tightly scripted-i.e., didn't allow for much that wasn't included already, but I think other nation's presences could have been noted somehow.
I suggest you take it up with Mr. Speilberg, a famous liberal, who, truth be told, should have known enough to do this on his own.

j2k4
04-07-2003, 04:46 PM
By the way-isn't this thread titled "A Canadian Apology"?

Haven't seen/heard one yet.

You may start now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WeeMouse
04-07-2003, 04:51 PM
I suggest you take it up with Mr. Speilberg

Noted and will be done! :P

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHH!!!!!!
I give up, WeeMouse.

Jeez man you sound like my Accounts and Finance teacher!!! :D

We looked into this in Modern Studies; USA topic (that was in between Affirmative Action and Pat Buchanan and explaining the distribution of ethnic minorities in the USA...)
I was merely commenting that the facts point to an election rig...but i have been known to be wrong... :-"

Just my POV. Anyway i can't really talk about good leaders - I've got Mr Anthony Blair as mine...

I think I'll vote for Liberal Democrats in the next General Election!
:beerchug:

j2k4
04-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@7 April 2003 - 17:51
I think I'll vote for Liberal Democrats in the next General Election!
If you don't mend your ways I'll be forced to relieve you of your Pecksniffian crassitude! :D :lol:

WeeMouse
04-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Pecksniffian crassitude :blink:

Is that a bad thing?

it sounds painful...

Rat Faced
04-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by j2k4+7 April 2003 - 16:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 7 April 2003 - 16:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--WeeMouse@7 April 2003 - 17:51
I think I&#39;ll vote for Liberal Democrats in the next General Election&#33;
If you don&#39;t mend your ways I&#39;ll be forced to relieve you of your Pecksniffian crassitude&#33; :D :lol: [/b][/quote]
Bit Ostentatious...... (and i know thats probably spelt wrong :P )

Wee Mouse, Ive been thinking about voting for the LibDems for a while now...the last 18 months have just made it positive i will.........and thats hard for a life long Trade Unionist to say.. :(

Somebody1234
04-07-2003, 06:58 PM
What does all this have to do with &#39;A Canadian Apology&#39;?

Rat Faced
04-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Somebody1234@7 April 2003 - 18:58
I dont think the Canadians have anything to apologise for......do they?

o:) :-"

Chrispicide35
04-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced+7 April 2003 - 20:18--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 7 April 2003 - 20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Somebody1234@7 April 2003 - 18:58
I dont think the Canadians have anything to apologise for......do they?

o:) :-"[/b][/quote]

Yeah...They Have to apolgise for thier cigarettes because they suck&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

MagicNakor
04-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Well, the apology is the first post on this thread. ;)

clocker
04-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Being a US citizen with "landed immigrant" status in Canada makes this thread rather difficult for me...
I&#39;ll just apologize to myself.

j2k4
04-08-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by clocker@8 April 2003 - 01:49
Being a US citizen with "landed immigrant" status in Canada makes this thread rather difficult for me...
I&#39;ll just apologize to myself.
Does it feel just as good, Clocker? You can custom-tailor the apology; if I were you, I&#39;d throw in a free lap-dance. :D :D

clocker
04-08-2003, 03:49 AM
If I do should I tip myself in US or Canadian dollars?

kAb
04-08-2003, 04:07 AM
wat about me, who do i apologise to?

well since i&#39;m perfect i don&#39;t need to apolojise eh?

what is this aboot anyhow eh?

hehe, i&#39;m making fun of myself kind of&#33; :w00t:

clocker
04-08-2003, 04:25 AM
I think that j2k4 owes everybody, both American and Canadian, an apology for using the term "Pecksniffian crassitude" in this Forum.

j2k4
04-08-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by clocker@8 April 2003 - 05:25
I think that j2k4 owes everybody, both American and Canadian, an apology for using the term "Pecksniffian crassitude" in this Forum.
I apologize most humbly for my thoughtless use of polysyllabic verbiage.

Clocker-U.S. dollars, of course. Just stick &#39;em in that thong thing. :lol:

clocker
04-08-2003, 04:39 AM
"Polysylabbic verbiage"?
Now you owe us ANOTHER apology&#33;

Bye the bye... I don&#39;t know where YOU get lap dances, but there ain&#39;t no thong things involved...

Okay you got me, I misspelled "polysyllabic".
Sue me.

j2k4
04-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by clocker@8 April 2003 - 05:39
"Polysylabbic verbiage"?
Now you owe us ANOTHER apology&#33;

Bye the bye... I don&#39;t know where YOU get lap dances, but there ain&#39;t no thong things involved...

Okay you got me, I misspelled "polysyllabic".
Sue me.
No bare snatches allowed in my area, so it&#39;s the thong, ar nothing at all.......
?
Once again, I apologize for regaling my fellow forum members with my confections of consonant consonance.

clocker
04-08-2003, 05:22 AM
There you go again and you were doing so well.
Your replies in the Miss Scotland thread were all of managable size. (By the way, I guess "spork" would cover it...)
Must you be such a grandstander?
I must admit tho, "confections of consonant consonance" does have a nice rythym to it...really rolls off the tongue.

j2k4
04-08-2003, 05:29 AM
I am known locally as the "Leo Kottke" of speech-confusing and disorienting, yet strangely edifying. B)

clocker
04-08-2003, 05:37 AM
I&#39;m willing to bet that most Yoopers can&#39;t understand a word that you say...

j2k4
04-08-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by clocker@8 April 2003 - 06:37
I&#39;m willing to bet that most Yoopers can&#39;t understand a word that you say...
I enjoy a modicum of popularity even-probably for that precise reason.
I&#39;m proud you know of the yooper-though I live amongst them, as a native Philadelphian, I know I can never call this my home.

"Dances With Yoopers"-Whattaya think?

clocker
04-08-2003, 05:56 AM
"Freezes Ass Off With Yoopers" would be more apt, methinks...

How does your 4-wheeler with the plow on it work in Philadelphia by the way?

j2k4
04-08-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by clocker@8 April 2003 - 06:56
"Freezes Ass Off With Yoopers" would be more apt, methinks...

How does your 4-wheeler with the plow on it work in Philadelphia by the way?
My 4-wheeler don&#39;t need no stinking plow&#33;

I haven&#39;t been back to Philly in 20 yrs.
Visited my little sister in NYC a couple years back; threatened to drag her (she was born in Cedarville, Mi.) and my wife (Chicago) to Philly just to show &#39;em what a real CHEESESTEAK tasted like. They blew me off-
Man, I&#39;m tired-talk later.

brotherdoobie
04-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Lamsey.........there are some pretty good points that Micheal Moore makes.
but to say that America has one of the most unfair societies makes you sound like a child.

We do not live in a fair world.(but I think we try to make things as equal as possible) those that have try to keep what they have.
That&#39;s the way it is, and has always been.

I wish things were differnt.(some things)
but it&#39;s not all black and white.

We all have our problems.......but do you think bashing the U.S. is going to solve them.

If you have a inferiority complex from living in an occupied country.
Take it up with England(or does Scotland now have it&#39;s supossed independance)

Peace brotherdoobie :rolleyes:

ClubDiggler
04-08-2003, 09:05 PM
That&#39;s what I&#39;m talking about....

"brotherdoobie" said it right; no need to add more.

:-"

hobbes
04-10-2003, 02:34 AM
Clocker,

That is a called alliteration, not to be confused with illiteracy.

"What a tale of terror, now their turbulency tells&#33;"

clocker
04-10-2003, 03:47 AM
I am familiar with the term and it&#39;s definition, thank you.
Maximum style points for bringing Edgar Allen into the fray.

j2k4
04-10-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@9 April 2003 - 21:34
Clocker,

That is a called alliteration, not to be confused with illiteracy.

"What a tale of terror, now their turbulency tells&#33;"
Clocker-
Methinks we&#39;ve been zinged by young Hobbes&#33;
I shall ponder a response and deliver it &#39;pon the morn-&#39;tis late. ;)

j2k4
04-10-2003, 04:11 AM
Still pondering.....so upset I can&#39;t sleep.

Meanwhile-can we be penalized for having too many smart guys on the same thread?

clocker
04-10-2003, 04:20 AM
No penalty.
We&#39;ll just be lonely.

Z
04-10-2003, 04:31 AM
canadians. ha&#33; :lol:

clocker
04-10-2003, 04:43 AM
Thank you Z, for demonstrating my point so eloquently. ;)

Z
04-10-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by clocker@9 April 2003 - 23:43
Thank you Z, for demonstrating my point so eloquently. ;)
i dunno, i havent read anything in this thread. but im surrounded by canadians everyday&#33; i&#39;m half&#33;
lol&#33; :lol:

clocker
04-10-2003, 11:52 AM
You make it look effortless.

j2k4
04-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by clocker@10 April 2003 - 06:52
You make it look effortless.
Z is blessed with the grace of youth AND dual citizenship to boot.

Z
04-11-2003, 03:43 AM
oh its effortless alright. :P

but all the canadians here seem to dispise the US. that really pisses me off sometimes. especially when teachers do it. wow... :angry:

clocker
04-11-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Z@11 April 2003 - 04:43

but all the canadians here seem to dispise the US. that really pisses me off sometimes. especially when teachers do it. wow... :angry:
Really?

My experience up there was completely different. Canadians of my acquaintence were generally polite and friendly and secure in their national identity.

Of course they were all stuporous from fried dough and Labatts.

chloe_cc2002
04-11-2003, 05:44 AM
On a more serious matter, I bring to your attention the following:

Normally on the back of a box of coco pops or other breakfast cereal in the US I am verily informed that there would be prizes, games, free offers of toys inside etc.

However I am also verily informed that in Canada they have to put the French writing on the box instead and the French nutritional information etc, so there is no room for the prizes and games on the box.

So the Canadians owe my informant whose nationality shall go unmentioned) believes that a prolific apology for this heinous transgression is well overdue, as they "stole fun and games from young children especially innocent visiting American children" (and I would add, without hesitation, some now thirty something American males) ;) For the same reason Australians should apologise for their lack of frozen orange juice my informant expects a swift and heartfelt apology for the privations suffered.

On a final note, my informant &#39;advises&#39; (and I use the word &#39;advises&#39; advisedly for want of a stronger term) that this audience should watch &#39;Canadian Bacon&#39; so that no apologies should be omitted.

http://www.imahosting.com/sigs/image6.gif

clocker
04-11-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@11 April 2003 - 06:44

However I am also verily informed that in Canada they have to put the French writing on the box instead and the French nutritional information etc, so there is no room for the prizes and games
I am appalled and I DO share your pain.

Have you informed your Consulate?

chloe_cc2002
04-11-2003, 06:11 AM
Thank you for acknowledging MY pain. I am relieved that you are also as moved as I am.

The scars will eventually fade, and the wounds will heal.

However it is my belief that the present complaint about the lack of availability of frozen orange juice, Reesch&#39;s peanut butter cups and other critical aspects of Australian life, where the informant presently resides, possibly represents a traumatic re-capitulation of past abuses. (re: the said canadian packaging). :rolleyes:

MagicNakor
04-11-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by clocker@11 April 2003 - 07:00
However I am also verily informed that in Canada they have to put the French writing on the box instead and the French nutritional information etc, so there is no room for the prizes and games
Strange...I&#39;m looking at some psycho maze on the back of my cereal box...and there was some Mickey Mouse toy inside...so I think your informant is incorrect. ;)

Grim
04-11-2003, 07:40 AM
Me :P

clocker
04-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Unlike the US, Canada has vast tracts of open land and relatively few people.

In the States we use small, easy to choke on toys hidden in children&#39;s breakfast cereal as a form of Darwinian population control.

Don&#39;t fret...you&#39;ll get there...

j2k4
04-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@11 April 2003 - 01:11
Thank you for acknowledging MY pain. I am relieved that you are also as moved as I am.

The scars will eventually fade, and the wounds will heal.

However it is my belief that the present complaint about the lack of availability of frozen orange juice, Reesch&#39;s peanut butter cups and other critical aspects of Australian life, where the informant presently resides, possibly represents a traumatic re-capitulation of past abuses. (re: the said canadian packaging). :rolleyes:
Your advisor seems well-schooled in the afflictive art of "victimhood".

Is he/she an escaped American Liberal who might regrettably be taking advantage of your good nature and attempting to abuse your good offices by the despicable emotional strong-arming of a "CARE" package?

I suggest educating this person in the art of "making do".

YOUR pain is OUR main concern. I shall take it from you and absorb it, rendering it harmless.......

There-Done&#33; :D

clocker
04-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@11 April 2003 - 20:40

YOUR pain is OUR main concern. I shall take it from you and absorb it, rendering it harmless.......

I wasn&#39;t aware that a Vulcan Mind Meld was possible over the internet.

WeeMouse
04-11-2003, 09:33 PM
I wanna be Canadian

:&#39;(

clocker
04-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@11 April 2003 - 22:33
I wanna be Canadian

The Few. The Proud. The Canuck.

WeeMouse
04-11-2003, 09:45 PM
anyone wanna swap nationalities with me?

clocker
04-11-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@11 April 2003 - 22:45
YES&#33;&#33;&#33;

I am from Turkmanistan.
Scotland would be a BIG improvement.

j2k4
04-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by clocker+11 April 2003 - 16:32--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 11 April 2003 - 16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@11 April 2003 - 20:40

I wasn&#39;t aware that a Vulcan Mind Meld was possible over the internet. [/b][/quote]
Although I studied under Wm. F. Buckley, I know ALL of Bill Clinton&#39;s tricks, too-Got the recipe book right here. :P

j2k4
04-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by clocker+11 April 2003 - 16:44--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 11 April 2003 - 16:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--WeeMouse@11 April 2003 - 22:33
I wanna be Canadian

The Few. The Proud. The Canuck. [/b][/quote]
Clocker-

Given your landed-immigrant status, I hereby confer upon you the newly minted (yet official in all the ways that really count) title of "AMERICANUCK".
Now you can be proud, and few, too. :lol:

clocker
04-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@11 April 2003 - 23:36

Given your landed-immigrant status, I hereby confer upon you the newly minted (yet official in all the ways that really count) title of "AMERICANUCK".
Now you can be proud, and few, too. :lol:
I humbly accept this honor.

I&#39;d like to start by thanking the Academy....

j2k4
04-11-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by clocker@11 April 2003 - 17:50
I&#39;d like to start by thanking the Academy....
Don&#39;t start channelling Michael Moore, now.

clocker
04-12-2003, 12:00 AM
That was LIZA MINNELLI&#33;&#33; :o

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Strange...I&#39;m looking at some psycho maze on the back of my cereal box...and there was some Mickey Mouse toy inside...so I think your informant is incorrect.

I did pause to consider this and/or whether it was possible there was some licence involved or it was a case of false memory syndrome. I discounted my informant being incorrect as I am verily informed and have been duly instructed that this is beyond the realms of possibility. ;)

Clocker

In the States we use small, easy to choke on toys hidden in children&#39;s breakfast cereal as a form of Darwinian population control :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Practitioner of Reason

Your advisor seems well-schooled in the afflictive art of "victimhood".

Is he/she an escaped American Liberal who might regrettably be taking advantage of your good nature and attempting to abuse your good offices by the despicable emotional strong-arming of a "CARE" package?

I suggest educating this person in the art of "making do".

There-Done&#33;

When the said complaint was raised I thought it appropriate to put it into perspective, so I am of course responsible for it&#39;s packaging.

Perhaps I have some skill in the afflictive art of victimhood. The said informant is an American (the proverbial cat is now out of the bag), and is not an escapee as such, but is NOT a liberal.

In fact I could write a treatise on victimology based upon being exposed to strong arm tactics such as listening patiently to a die hard Republican endlessly expounding the virtues of all Republican leaders. In the interests of making reasonable accommodations I read Ronald Reagan&#39;s biography to this end. (and re-read it upon being castigated when I got an important detail wrong) <_<

WeeMouse

Unless it is American I think that would be out of the question, but I will put it to my informant.

clocker
04-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@12 April 2003 - 01:49

In fact I could write a treatise on victimology based upon being exposed to strong arm tactics such as listening patiently to a die hard Republican endlessly expounding the virtues of all Republican leaders. In the interests of making reasonable accommodations I read Ronald Reagan&#39;s biography to this end. (and re-read it upon being castigated when I got an important detail wrong) <_
That&#39;s what you get for hanging out with j2k4.

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 01:00 AM
That&#39;s what you get for hanging out with j2k4.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps I am a bit of a natural too...

clocker
04-12-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@12 April 2003 - 02:00

Perhaps I am a bit of a natural too...
Yes, but are you regular?

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 01:11 AM
This is just mean of me. My informant has very strong political convictions he likes to share (or force feed). It is just that it is difficult when the whole family conspicuously vacates the room when the issue of politics (which is fairly frequently, perhaps incessantly is more apt a word) is raised in a cosy family gathering. Needless to say informant takes the podium and can go for very long periods without oxygen when delivering his views.

They have given me a medal (at least notionally) for my stoicism in the face of being force fed Republican fanfare without apparent complaint (except they don&#39;t know how shamefully I whine on klite forum boards in some thinly concealed device to elicit sympathy). Ear muffs don&#39;t cut it. My headphones would have to be switched to a volume that would be likely to result in a perforation of my eardrums, however considering the informant&#39;s ability to project his voice it is a toss up.

:unsure:

clocker
04-12-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@12 April 2003 - 02:11
Needless to say informant takes the podium and can go for very long periods without oxygen when delivering his views.

NASA needs to see this man IMMEDIATELY&#33;

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 01:46 AM
:P :P :D :D

You suggesting or implying Chloe is a confabulator? (is that a word..it is now)

Am I regular?

If you saw me you might think I suffer from colonic congestion of some sort. Or maybe I am just anally retentive. ;)

clocker
04-12-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@12 April 2003 - 02:46
:P :P :D :D

You suggesting or implying Chloe is a confabulator?
You should make "Confabulator" your member title.

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 01:55 AM
I&#39;ll take it under advisement especially coming from a person who calls themselves Pecksniffian Crassitude Connisseu :P r

clocker
04-12-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@12 April 2003 - 02:55
I&#39;ll take it under advisement especially coming from a person who calls themselves Pecksniffian Crassitude Connisseu :P r
Which is EXACTLY why "Confabulator" appeals to me.

Z
04-12-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by clocker@11 April 2003 - 12:44

In the States we use small, easy to choke on toys hidden in children&#39;s breakfast cereal as a form of Darwinian population control.

so the gov&#39;t doesnt just control the media anymore, it now controls the cereal companies too?
you all know the reason for the small pop&#39;n up here too, right? the last week: ice storm and people slipping on ice. SARS, and people getting sick. next week? tho its much more inconspicuous down there. our gov&#39;t is not as advanced yet.

;)

clocker
04-12-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Z+12 April 2003 - 03:09--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Z @ 12 April 2003 - 03:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--clocker@11 April 2003 - 12:44

so the gov&#39;t doesnt just control the media anymore, it now controls the cereal companies too?
you all know the reason for the small pop&#39;n up here too, right? the last week: ice storm and people slipping on ice. SARS, and people getting sick. next week? tho its much more inconspicuous down there. our gov&#39;t is not as advanced yet.

;) [/b][/quote]
I didn&#39;t mean to imply that the government was behind all this.

Martha Stewart is.
It&#39;s a GOOD thing.

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 02:31 AM
Informant has read the responses and wishes the following to be put on record.

1. The companies that make the cereal would not fill half of their packaging with French if they were given the free economic choice whether or not they wanted to do it.

2. To say that the company should be forced to do something that is not in their interests as they see it, decrying that as a crime against children, is not liberal.

3. The problem is Liberals don&#39;t realise how many victims they create as they don&#39;t realise how many people they could be victimising by their acts of political correctness etc

4. They probably think kids would be just as happy reading french nutritional information about cereal as playing puzzles and games on the panel of a cereal box

5. The Canadians have probably never even seen a cereal box decorated with an entire panel dedicated to toys, games and puzzles (the entire back panel)

What is the postal address of NASA?

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 02:32 AM
.....and moreover do they take cadets...????

clocker
04-12-2003, 02:42 AM
I&#39;m sorry, you&#39;ll have to google the address.

I&#39;m way to busy catching up on all the French nutritional information that I was denied as a child.

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 02:50 AM
Wait a minute there is more:

[QUOTE]1. My point is when you accommodate a minority you don&#39;t realise it but you are afflictng the majority as well, and once you surrender to that nonsense you become used to it and don&#39;t even realise the subtle ways this happening. It is like a frog that is being cooked in boiling water if you have heard that saying.

2. They just don&#39;t realise how messed up they are, and how many restrictions they have on their lives. Of course the ones that go across the border to shop have some clue.

3. But the people in the US are also being afflicted by this nonsense and you really only notice some of the things when you travel, as when you get outside of all of your assumptions, you realise things can be different.

4. To make it illegal to put up an english sign in Quebec (a crime), would be unconstitutional in the US.

5. Really what the constitution does is when lawmakers run into constitutional issues it causes them to have to re-think things. They think that they want things, but when they look at it more closely, they realise the implications. The constitution is restrictive on lawmaking, making it hard to enact laws etc, but most of the time in restrospect ..having the law as they would have wanted to write it would have caused another unnecessary restriction on freedom and they can get around the constitution by not writing such a draconian law.

6. But of course some lawmakers just find some other nefarious ways around the constitution and slowly it gets eroded. But compared to countries that don&#39;t have one, the US is much better than most of those places.

7. I don&#39;t know that the Canadians have a Constitution like ours, and what I mean by a Constitution is one that actually applies to the Govt. and will stick. But that is slowly fading and that is becoming less important I think.

8. There is one eg in Zimbabwe, the High Court ruled one of his goofy laws his theft and compensation policies unconstitutional and he called them (Mugabe) lackeys of the whites etc just like radical blacks call blacks that have integrity and a sense of justice "house niggers".

9. Mugabe was very much engaging in the same kind of rhetoric as Jesse Jackson et al. Sort of a reverse racism

10. In Australia some of the rights that Australians don&#39;t have are very serious. YOU (????) thought it was wonderful that people can be prosecuted for racial and other villification but I thought that was incredulous in a modern democracy. The law that says that you can&#39;t insult a member of the govt. (re: obscenity laws) would be thrown out by the first amendment.
If you want to have the freedom to say whatever you want you are going to have to put up with people saying insulting and disgusting things right??? LIke the Qld Supreme Court recently said "political debate isn&#39;t always genteel, people get passionate about politics and say things over the line, but you simply can&#39;t discriminate between them legally without peril to liberty". In theory you could do it but in reality you can&#39;t because there will be a subjective and political filter applied to it. People only see it when they are affected by it and then they see it.

10. Leftists in Australia think it is wonderful to pass laws against villifying blacks (Aborigines) but if someone writes a law that you can&#39;t insult John Howard then all of a sudden they are shocked. They don&#39;t understand there is a connection between those two things.

11. Really the laws that aren&#39;t abused are the most insidious things. Do you know why? Do you agree? Have you observed that? The reason is that if they aren&#39;t abused people won&#39;t be outraged but at some point it will happen..........
oppressive laws can&#39;t be left alone, they can&#39;t, it is just too dangerous..

[QUOTE]

There is more to be said however my fingers are getting tired, and I guess that you will just have to wait for the next post on oppression and the lack of games on Canadian fruit loop packs.

j2k4
04-12-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@11 April 2003 - 21:31
Informant has read the responses and wishes the following to be put on record.

1. The companies that make the cereal would not fill half of their packaging with French if they were given the free economic choice whether or not they wanted to do it.

2. To say that the company should be forced to do something that is not in their interests as they see it, decrying that as a crime against children, is not liberal.

3. The problem is Liberals don&#39;t realise how many victims they create as they don&#39;t realise how many people they could be victimising by their acts of political correctness etc

4. They probably think kids would be just as happy reading french nutritional information about cereal as playing puzzles and games on the panel of a cereal box

5. The Canadians have probably never even seen a cereal box decorated with an entire panel dedicated to toys, games and puzzles (the entire back panel)

What is the postal address of NASA?
I retract my incorrect former supposition:

I find said informant to be of an agreeable stripe and well worth a tip of the hat.
I wish to concur that while liberals are harmful to all, we are thankful they practice their tactics in such a slipshod manner that by their own incompetence, lives (and minds) are saved.

They have, however, escalated their campaign by putting "prizes" previously included free in cereal boxes into McDonalds&#39; "FunMeals" and charging extra for them, encouraging soccer moms to "Collect All Ten&#33;&#33;&#33;",
thereby capitalizing further efforts to undermine parenting on other fronts.

I would also like to include here a heartfelt thanks to liberals everywhere for keeping the standards of idiocy low enough that they&#39;ll never be able to claim me as one of their own. :D :D :D

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 03:01 AM
I&#39;m sorry, you&#39;ll have to google the address.

I&#39;m way to busy catching up on all the French nutritional information that I was denied as a child. :D :D :D :D

wait there is more, particularly in response to your post:

1. I think that is what liberalism is like taking small pleasures out of life one at a time, that is what happened in China and Russia, they had all these apartments that were exactly the same. Colourful and playful things were just, you know, decadent.

It was a small post but wait....

2. My point was the unimportance of it...that was my point..to be allowed to have things that are unimportant. It was simply more efficient to have every apartment building the same in the old Soviet Union ((hearing echoes of the cold war domino diatribe..chloe...and re-runs)) but that is not the way people naturally are. It is fundamentally human to be diverse and colourful (sorry colorful). What I am saying is that they are robbing something that is fundamental to our humanity, you know, very much like the stolen generation in Australia, but of course most Americans ((except.um I assume..?...) wouldn&#39;t understand that concept, to take away a culture by force.

3. Of course the Canadians saw the invasion of the American culture on the cereal boxes.&nbsp; Every Govt. in the world is making their efforts to stop Seinfeld re-runs to take over their TV viewing with little success. But culture is not just something you can force into people, it just doesn&#39;t work that way.

4. Don&#39;t you think it is ridiculous to pass laws to protect the culture or make the culture better. It is like warm ice cream. It doesn&#39;t make any sense.

for the time being I have a declaration that informant/other half is finished and "doesn&#39;t want to say anymore"...I won&#39;t hold him to that promise.

hold that thought

clocker
04-12-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@12 April 2003 - 03:55

They have, however, escalated their campaign by putting "prizes" previously included free in cereal boxes into McDonalds&#39; "FunMeals" and charging extra for them, encouraging soccer moms to "Collect All Ten&#33;&#33;&#33;",

It&#39;s "HappyMeal", not "FunMeal".

My God, talk about slipshod. :o

j2k4
04-12-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@11 April 2003 - 22:01
hold that thought
Gladly&#33;

clocker
04-12-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@12 April 2003 - 03:50

YOU (????) thought it was wonderful that people can be prosecuted for racial and other villification but I thought that was incredulous in a modern democracy. The law that says that you can&#39;t insult a member of the govt. (re: obscenity laws) would be thrown out by the first amendment.
Perhaps I missed something here.
What the HELL are you talking about?

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 03:19 AM
Our lovable Wendy Edmonds Minister Health Minister of Queensland wants to sue McDonalds due to the unhealthiness of the food, and looking at the woman I would note that at about 20 stone she is gravely in danger of a heart attack herself.

Furthermore the other way she demonstrates her socialist tint is the way she coldly puts a price on human life in the health policies of Queensland eg "would it really be worth living if you were on a dialysis machine as that would affect your mobility 4 hours a day". She went on record saying these things, and that being over 60 was also a serious consideration. "Perhaps we should think about whether it is really worth living when you get old, in terms of your quality of life". ...."I&#39;m just throwing it out there for debate"...lmao

For her to set an arbitrary age is ridiculous, as some people can be extremely sick at 40, others healthy at 100. All health people have to make these decisions and balance it in their minds, but you NEVER put these things on record. It degrades and devalues human life is pathetic and just plain dumb.

It is an abomination. I felt like writing to her and telling her I was more concerned about her mobility than kidney patients and the kidney patients felt the same way by the influx of letters that were directed towards her. I wanted to express all obese persons&#39; concerns that they would rather know where she ate, rather than McDonalds.

I would have to say that on some points I agree with informant/other half but that I wouldn&#39;t vote republican if I had the right to vote in the US when we get there. In Australia of course it is mandatory to vote, and for failing to vote in Queensland I have learnt that can get you a warrant and a short time in a cell. I failed to vote in 1994 and 1996 and paid my dues.

Z
04-12-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by clocker+11 April 2003 - 21:20--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 11 April 2003 - 21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Z@12 April 2003 - 03:09
<!--QuoteBegin--clocker@11 April 2003 - 12:44

;)
I didn&#39;t mean to imply that the government was behind all this.

Martha Stewart is.
It&#39;s a GOOD thing. [/b][/quote]
so she really is evil?

she&#39;ll be behind bars soon. :P

clocker
04-12-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Z@12 April 2003 - 04:19

Wouldn&#39;t bet the farm on that one, bucko.

Z
04-12-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by clocker+11 April 2003 - 22:24--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 11 April 2003 - 22:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Z@12 April 2003 - 04:19

Wouldn&#39;t bet the farm on that one, bucko. [/b][/quote]
no? whats the situations or her case?

actually, lets not even go there.

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 03:30 AM
QUOTE (chloe_cc2002 @ 12 April 2003 - 03:50)

YOU (????) thought it was wonderful that people can be prosecuted for racial and other villification but I thought that was incredulous in a modern democracy. The law that says that you can&#39;t insult a member of the govt. (re: obscenity laws) would be thrown out by the first amendment. [QUOTE]

Perhaps I missed something here.
What the HELL are you talking about?

He was talking to you and the forum but talking to or at me too if that makes sense. I should have tried to distinguish that, but I am having trouble keeping up with him as he has been talking now continuously for about 45 mins. (and still is as I type this post, so forgive me if I make some egregious errors)

In Australia we have anti villification laws against villification for race, sex, national origin etc....eg the Police call the Aborigines &#39;coons&#39;...basically you could get a hefty fine for using the &#39;n&#39; word as in the US by way of analogy.

More insidiously police in Australia can arrest you for calling them a "pig". The new age breed of policemen here infringe the anti villification laws all the time. It is just overlooked.

As for the obscenity laws there was until recently an archaic law that was litigated that allowed persons to be arrested for any type of speech that was seen to be offensive politically in public because as the legislators said in the parliamentary debates to paraphrase them "is not fit to be discussed even within the home". (as quoted by the Court)

HOw did we get onto this topic from Canadian apologies?

clocker
04-12-2003, 03:37 AM
Haven&#39;t the faintest idea.

clocker
04-12-2003, 03:54 AM
Chloe_cc2002- I fear you may develop carpal tunnel syndrome should you continue to transcribe these rants from "your informant".
Please take care.

(Or is this some kind of "Three Faces of Eve" weirdness? In which case I&#39;m WAY out of my league.)

MagicNakor
04-12-2003, 03:57 AM
Reminds me never to post something amusing again. -_-

clocker
04-12-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@12 April 2003 - 04:57
Reminds me never to post something amusing again. -_-

We were actually doing quite well I thought.

Then suddenly things took a decidedly David Lynchian turn...

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 04:14 AM
No, not some whacky kind of &#39;three faces of eve&#39; stuff, although the allegation has been put to me. That is another story and one which should remain untold.

:rolleyes:

I happen to have as much faith in Psycho-therapists/Psychiatrists as I do phrenologists, and would rather consult the Australian Psychics Association and/or the Viennese Palmistry Association for any diagnosis or probing of my psyche.

Perhaps I have also read too much Focault and Szass to see how it can be used as form of social hygiene rather than mental "hygiene".

BTW why do yanks still use the word "hygiene" in their legislation relating to mental health?? Hygiene used to mean just general health, it has really lost it&#39;s traditional meaning, just as intercourse has as in social "intercourse" for eg. That is a phrase that is often not used anymore.

Mental hygiene sounds soooooo sanitary too, which then leads me to think of sanitariums and I&#39;m not talking about cereal companies either....(Sanitariums is a purely Australian owned cereal company btw). ;)

Although, I could be onto something here. Who makes fruit loops? Kelloggs...Perhaps there is some Government plot as somebody pointed out.

No, on a more serious note, I got my psychiatric qualifications from the bottom of a box of cereal and could tell you all I know about mental health/hygiene/illness by scratching it on the back of a postage stamp.

I have often identified myself as a graduate of the Kelloggs Foundation for the advancement of psychiatric learning in paying tribute to those esteemed members of the fraternity that I would care to forget. They have big fat cheque books and their own agendas. The forensic species of Psychiatrist is the most dangerous of all species and they can pronounce you as suffering from Multiple personality disorder (now known as dissociative identity disorder) based on their observations and a stroke of the pen.

Glad I got that off my chest for the 200th time.

I swear to you that there is another half/better half who is of American nationality and that I faithfully and diligently transcribed every word he said.

clocker
04-12-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@12 April 2003 - 05:14

I swear to you that there is another half/better half who is of American nationality and that I faithfully and diligently transcribed every word he said.
Many of us Americans have learned to type for ourselves.

chloe_cc2002
04-12-2003, 04:30 AM
He likes talking better than typing so I do the listening and the typing for him where he feels the need to comment. He prefers computer games, and plays the same ones over and over eg Stars, Baldurs Gate, Theme Hospital, Magic and Mayhem.

Perhaps therein lies the connection between the privations suffered in early childhood in the lack of access to games and puzzles on Canadian cereal boxes (on a short visit to Canada from Seattle) and what appears to be a small amount of overcompensation in the time spent playing the said computer games.
:ph34r:

Z
04-12-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@11 April 2003 - 23:30
He likes talking better than typing so I do the listening and the typing for him where he feels the need to comment. He prefers computer games, and plays the same ones over and over eg Stars, Baldurs Gate, Theme Hospital, Magic and Mayhem.

Perhaps therein lies the connection between the privations suffered in early childhood in the lack of access to games and puzzles on Canadian cereal boxes (on a short visit to Canada from Seattle) and what appears to be a small amount of overcompensation in the time spent playing the said computer games.
:ph34r:
u live in seattle? i used to. :) i live in toronto now.

j2k4
04-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by clocker+11 April 2003 - 22:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 11 April 2003 - 22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@12 April 2003 - 03:55

It&#39;s "HappyMeal", not "FunMeal".

My God, talk about slipshod. :o [/b][/quote]
I&#39;M MORTIFIED&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
I guess I&#39;m gonna have to watch those commercials more closely :lol: :lol:

j2k4
04-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Boy, great stuff here lately-and me, stuck for time&#33; I&#39;m bereft (have to go run someone out of town).

Please don&#39;t desert this thread; I haven&#39;t heard enough apologies, and I fear I have a few to make (BLOODY TIME&#33;&#33;&#33;).

Z
04-12-2003, 09:05 PM
why would you apologize tho? thats my question? everything is justified. :D

chloe - you write too much too often. no offense, you have a lot to say, but i never actually read it all.

clocker
04-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Z@12 April 2003 - 22:05

chloe - you write too much too often. no offense, you have a lot to say, but i never actually read it all.
That&#39;s because Chloe is typing/speaking for two.
Took me a while to figure it out too.

clocker
04-12-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@12 April 2003 - 20:27
Boy, great stuff here lately-and me, stuck for time&#33; I&#39;m bereft (have to go run someone out of town).

Tar and feathers?

Pitchforks and torches?

On a rail?

j2k4
04-13-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@11 April 2003 - 23:14

I happen to have as much faith in Psycho-therapists/Psychiatrists as I do phrenologists, and would rather consult the Australian Psychics Association and/or the Viennese Palmistry Association for any diagnosis or probing of my psyche.

Perhaps I have also read too much Focault and Szass to see how it can be used as form of social hygiene rather than mental "hygiene".

BTW why do yanks still use the word "hygiene" in their legislation relating to mental health?? Hygiene used to mean just general health, it has really lost it&#39;s traditional meaning, just as intercourse has as in social "intercourse" for eg. That is a phrase that is often not used anymore.

Mental hygiene sounds soooooo sanitary too, which then leads me to think of sanitariums and I&#39;m not talking about cereal companies either....(Sanitariums is a purely Australian owned cereal company btw). ;)

All services are available free in this forum.

We offer alternative regimens and guarantee them for thirty days or thirty miles, whichever comes first.

The word "hygiene", as used by common Mental health professionals, serves as entree for their billing purposes; i.e., "The task of maintaining your mental hygiene is not to be taken lightly, and not to be undertaken by the individual in question under any circumstances". By this you are supposed to infer that mental hygiene is to be maintained by the judicious intra-cranial application of a soapy scrub brush wielded by a person with the appropriate 4, 6, or 8-year degree. DO NOT BE FOOLED&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Here at the Canadian Apology Clinic, we can treat you on an out-patient basis AND guarantee a cure in four treatments or less.*

*Warning: Formal acceptance of three (3) treatments or more WILL (WILL) result in permanent conversion to Conservative political status. :)

j2k4
04-13-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by clocker+12 April 2003 - 17:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 April 2003 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@12 April 2003 - 20:27

Tar and feathers?

Pitchforks and torches?

On a rail? [/b][/quote]
In a U-Haul.

clocker
04-13-2003, 01:44 AM
KIDS&#33;&#33;&#33;

re: j2k4

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN&#33;&#33;.... :P

j2k4
04-13-2003, 02:23 AM
Uproarious Laughter is heard from behind the curtain. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(A pair of moccasins is seen protruding beneath the curtain&#39;s golden fringe). :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

clocker
04-13-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@13 April 2003 - 03:23

(A pair of moccasins are seen protruding beneath the curtain&#39;s golden fringe). :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
I was certain those were Ugg&#39;s.... ;)

j2k4
04-13-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by clocker+12 April 2003 - 21:32--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 April 2003 - 21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@13 April 2003 - 03:23

(A pair of moccasins are seen protruding beneath the curtain&#39;s golden fringe). :ph34r:&nbsp; :ph34r:&nbsp; :ph34r:
I was certain those were Ugg&#39;s.... ;) [/b][/quote]
I have foresworn all liberal apparel.

clocker
04-13-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@13 April 2003 - 03:43

So that would make you a conservative with cold feet?

j2k4
04-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by clocker+12 April 2003 - 21:53--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 April 2003 - 21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@13 April 2003 - 03:43

So that would make you a conservative with cold feet? [/b][/quote]
I have wrapped my feet rather comfortably in a pair of chinchillas-not pelts-real live chinchies. They&#39;re real warm but they squeal when you walk.

clocker
04-14-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@14 April 2003 - 00:18

I have wrapped my feet rather comfortably in a pair of chinchillas-not pelts-real live chinchies. They&#39;re real warm but they squeal when you walk.
Is it safe to assume that your membership in PETA has expired?

j2k4
04-14-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by clocker+13 April 2003 - 19:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 13 April 2003 - 19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@14 April 2003 - 00:18

Is it safe to assume that your membership in PETA has expired? [/b][/quote]
They accused ME of corrupting the membership, then gave me the boot-ungrateful bastards&#33; Most of &#39;em thought my hot wings were great; some even wanted the recipe&#33;

clocker
04-14-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@14 April 2003 - 02:07

Most of &#39;em thought my hot wings were great; some even wanted the recipe&#33;
I too was skeptical at first, but chinchilla really DOES taste just like chicken&#33; :huh: