PDA

View Full Version : surround sound headphones...

TheDave
03-28-2005, 01:15 AM
anyone know where i can get some (in the uk)?

Money Fist
03-28-2005, 01:35 AM
http://specialreserve.co.uk/Speed_Link_Medusa_6406_r.html
there u go old chap

Snee
03-28-2005, 01:49 AM
Dunno' where to get any in the UK, but if you can afford it, try and find the latest ones from Zalman, they got a bit more distance between the speakers than the ones I have. And they look like the most comfortable ones on the market as well.

If you want the amp/splitter for them too, they end up costing twice what the ones I have did, tho'.

Otherwise mine are good, 'cept for the fact that the rear channels blend together too much. Can't remember what brand they are, but they've got smileys on them.

I think there's also some manufacturer you'd normally associate with gfx-cards that makes a decent set that look like mine but with another amp/splitter. Gainward maybe.

Will look for links tomorrow, if you want. Go for ones with an additional output on the amplifier/splitter/whatever so you can connect your old speakers as well. It's good for moving about.

GepperRankins
04-06-2005, 12:38 PM
i got some trust ones for £26 on offer at pcworld.

now the problem is battlefield only seems to do surround sound with creative EAX not nivida nforce :ihateeveryone:

no worries though, i'm sure they'll work on other games plus they're comfy, plus the sound quality competes with my speakers (which i consider to be pretty good if theres any confusion), plus i'd have paid a tenner just for the switch

GepperRankins
04-06-2005, 02:48 PM
sorted my EAX woes. i thought it was a trademark but it seems it's not.

all i needed to do was get a windows update that tells realtek codecs to gtfo.

berlin 64 player with 5.1 sound rawks :wub:

Money Fist
04-06-2005, 09:54 PM
i got some trust ones for £26 on offer at pcworld.
wtf
serious?
do u think it was just a one off special offer?
i gotta get a pair for BF:V
bloody choppers come from every direction

GepperRankins
04-06-2005, 10:03 PM
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1935699704.1112824484@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddefklddhjcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&sku=801188&category_oid=-18888&fm=undefined&sm=undefined&tm=undefined

what i did was reserve them on the net so when i picked them up from the shop i got the internet price :01:

Money Fist
04-06-2005, 10:29 PM
cheers
and they look much better then them medusa ones (Medusa had a cheap Alba stereo look)

GepperRankins
04-06-2005, 10:39 PM
they're stupidly huge too and i can't get em to tow at all :01: