PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the audio in movies.....

sameer0807
03-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Hi,

For some reason, the audio of the movies that i burn onto a DVD is messed up.
What i mean is, the audio is ahead of video with good 5-15 secs...the audio and video are not Integrating properly.

I use winavi convertor to convert .avi to mpg..
and Virtual Dub to extract audio out the .avi file....then use GUI to convert .wav to ac3...

And at last, I use DVD Aurthor to add the video and audio file togther and finally burn it onto a DVD....

First i thought that there was some prb. with my DVD player....but when i checked the video files finished by DVD Aurthor in computer itself, it had the same problem....

What could be causing this?

Please advice..

fkdup74
03-30-2005, 12:15 PM
its just out of sync it seems, which is not uncommon
your authoring app should have some option to sync the audio in time with the video

harrycary
03-31-2005, 12:01 AM
Why are you going through all those steps to create a DVD?

It seems to me that the less you manipulate the file the fewer problems you'll have.

I use WinAVI as well and convert directly from .avi format to DVD format.

BTW, you can use Gspot to check your avi files for the type of audio format they have. Some .avi files are encoded using AC3 audio.

Gspot is freely available here...http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

regards,

Lion7718
03-31-2005, 12:45 AM
I've tried many programs converting files to VOB, they all seem to make the Audio lag...so I just gave up. I can do it with SVCD & VCD just fine, but never into a VOB.

sameer0807
03-31-2005, 03:45 AM
Why are you going through all those steps to create a DVD?

It seems to me that the less you manipulate the file the fewer problems you'll have.

I use WinAVI as well and convert directly from .avi format to DVD format.

BTW, you can use Gspot to check your avi files for the type of audio format they have. Some .avi files are encoded using AC3 audio.

Gspot is freely available here...http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

regards,

Hi,
The only reason i go with that many steps is because I want to have ac3 audio, in other words...almost a 5.1 experince....(well almost!! :-) )

If i just use WinAVI to convert directly from .avi format to DVD format, then i won't have the ac3 audio....

Or am I wrong? Can i still have ac3 audio if i convert directly from .avi format to DVD format?

Is there any difference?

harrycary
03-31-2005, 11:57 PM
AC3 and 5.1 audio are one in the same. It's also called Dolby Digital.

Some avi files(not all) will have AC3 audio. This is why I recommended using Gspot. It will tell you what type of audio is in an avi file.

But, if the avi isn't initially encoded with AC3 audio it's impossible to create it by going through the steps you've outlined. The source material must have it.

If your avi has AC3 encoded audio, I don't believe that it is affected when converting directly to DVD format using WinAVI.

Hope that helps.

cheers,