PDA

View Full Version : ATM machine fees

TheDave
03-31-2005, 05:01 PM
yeah i'm against em especially on top of all charges the banks put on anyway and the interest they get.

what pisses me off more though is you know that there would be no threat of action if a fecking important MP didn't get caught out :rolleyes:

manker
03-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Just walk into the bank and withdraw it. Not as if you're doing much :whistling

vidcc
03-31-2005, 05:06 PM
don't stores offer cash withdrawals if you use your cards free of charge?

I thought they do this because it saves them costs if they don't have to deposit cash themselves.

Snee
03-31-2005, 05:07 PM
When I withdraw money from a machine owned by the branch my bank belongs to I pay no fee.

If I use a machine belonging to the competition or if I make a withdrawal in the bank, then there's a fee.

That makes more sense.

4play
03-31-2005, 05:11 PM
most bank cash points do not charge a penny for withdrawl any more. but you will find alot of machines in corner shops and pubs will charge £1.50 - £2.50 these places have also been told not to give cashback on cards since they now get money from the having the cashpoint there.

all a big scam really but it does offer people cashpoints in places they would not normally be.

manker
03-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Just like to take this opportunity to say that cashback in pubs is a brilliant idea. Everybody wins :01:

bigboab
03-31-2005, 05:14 PM
When I withdraw money from a machine owned by the branch my bank belongs to I pay no fee.

If I use a machine belonging to the competition or if I make a withdrawal in the bank, then there's a fee.

That makes more sense.

The banks in this country are selling off the ATM machines to private companies. Who will charge for their use. :ph34r:

Everyone should take Mankers advice and go into their banks to withdraw money until the bank promises that you will never be charged by anyone for trying to withdraw your own money. :ph34r:

P.S. Not that everyone would listen to Manker. :lol:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
03-31-2005, 05:14 PM
yeah i'm against em especially on top of all charges the banks put on anyway and the interest they get.

what pisses me off more though is you know that there would be no threat of action if a fecking important MP didn't get caught out :rolleyes:

Guess I'm lucky then, I pay no bank fees. I don't use ATM's, so don't pay any ATM fees. Just as it should be.

TheDave
03-31-2005, 05:15 PM
i walk down to the bank or pay over the counter anyway :01:

i think ive only used a chrging one once :unsure:

bigboab
03-31-2005, 05:17 PM
i think ive only used a chrging one once :unsure:

Did she let you put it up the back? :lol: