PDA

View Full Version : Darts = Sport

JPaul
03-31-2005, 06:40 PM
It's official, Sport England said so.

http://www.dartwereld.nl/dutchopen2002/fotos/Vrijdag/deel2/images/Peter-Manley.jpg

is therefore a sportsman.

MCHeshPants420
03-31-2005, 06:46 PM
It's official, Sport England said so.

http://www.dartwereld.nl/dutchopen2002/fotos/Vrijdag/deel2/images/Peter-Manley.jpg

is therefore a sportsman.

Who's the guy from Star Trek in the background? :unsure:

manker
03-31-2005, 06:48 PM
It's Tom Paris :w00t:

I think the UK pwns the world in darts, so I'm glad it's officially a sport now.

{I}{K}{E}
03-31-2005, 07:41 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/11/22/andyfordham_wideweb__430x273.jpg

Busyman
03-31-2005, 08:27 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/11/22/andyfordham_wideweb__430x273.jpg
Thank goodness this fatfuck is only considered a sportsman and not an athlete. :(

edit: and come to think of it, this fatfuck too

JPaul
04-01-2005, 06:01 PM
What about this Fat Fuck

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/fridge.jpg

Or this one

http://www.detnews.com/pix/2004/02/18/0sports/s018-daly-0204n-2.jpg

manker
04-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Are they American Dart players :unsure:

Busyman
04-01-2005, 07:00 PM
No just fatfucks.

One football and one golf, I guess. :unsure:

enoughfakefiles
04-01-2005, 08:41 PM
No just fatfucks.

One football and one golf, I guess. :unsure:

Which ones which. :rolleyes:

JPaul
04-01-2005, 09:16 PM
What the fuck is American Darts

Busyman
04-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Which ones which. :rolleyes:
Not mildly funny.

manker
04-02-2005, 12:45 AM
What the fuck is American DartsIt's spelled Dartz :dry:

BILLY-THE-FISH
04-03-2005, 11:59 AM
What the fuck is American Darts
Its a game like "normal" darts but it invovles 6 players and they call it the World series or something and the winner is the best in the World! :D

MCHeshPants420
04-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Its a game like "normal" darts but it invovles 6 players and they call it the World series or something and the winner is the best in the World! :D

And it takes 16 hours for a game to be completed.

Busyman
04-03-2005, 07:37 PM
I wonder if American professional dart players are a bunch of fatfucks from teh bar too. I would think so.

They probably plunge their hand into a mound of beer nuts between every throw.

JPaul
04-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I wonder if American professional dart players are a bunch of fatfucks from teh bar too. I would think so.

They probably plunge their hand into a mound of beer nuts between every throw.
I have no idea what that means.

However as there are no American dartz players worthy of note it matters not one jot.

hobbes
04-08-2005, 12:22 AM

However as there are no American dartz players worthy of note it matters not one jot.

There are no Americans worth a jot because dartz isn't worth a jot in America.

Dartz is a sport of the drunk common man, just like foosball.

So that drunk fat fuck that throw can throw a pointy thing straight is of no interest to anyone.

JPaul
04-08-2005, 12:41 AM
There are no Americans worth a jot because dartz isn't worth a jot in America.

Dartz is a sport of the drunk common man, just like foosball.

So that drunk fat fuck that throw can throw a pointy thing straight is of no interest to anyone.
Indeed,

You chaps have no particular interest in those games which are popliar everywhere else.

Which is fair enough.

sArA
04-08-2005, 12:46 AM
A lack of interest implies a lack of knowledge which also means that any opinion one might have is based on flimsy evidence at best. :rolleyes:

hobbes
04-08-2005, 12:58 AM
A lack of interest implies a lack of knowledge which also means that any opinion one might have is based on flimsy evidence at best. :rolleyes:

I have played darts, we have dart boards at all American bars, I just don't care about the sport. No diferent than pool or foosball.

I think the point is that darts may be a sport, but what does that mean?

People are more impressed with sports that require physical strength and conditioning.

Sure some football players are big and fat, but that is intentional for their sport. Most can lift weights the average man could not dream of. Most big fat football players can actually run faster than you can.

Fat, drunk darts players are the way because they are lazy fat fucks, not becuase they assume this habitus to further their dart throwing careers.

People seem more impressed with people who can physically crush them, than fat fuck that can throw a dart straight.

Popliar? Is that a drunk term, or what?

As to popularity, it falls along the lines of religion. It seems that if a certain number of people deem something to be right, that it is right. Bollocks, that is sheer sheep mentality.

If you enjoy darts, good for you.

It is just that darts don't fall in the major sports category along with baseball, the footballs, and basketball. It is a common man's thing.

JPaul
04-08-2005, 01:10 AM
I have played darts, we have dart boards at all American bars, I just don't care about the sport. No diferent than pool or foosball.

I think the point is that darts may be a sport, but what does that mean?

People are more impressed with sports that require physical strength and conditioning.

Sure some football players are big and fat, but that is intentional for their sport. Most can lift weights the average man could not dream of. Most big fat football players can actually run faster than you can.

Fat, drunk darts players are the way because they are lazy fat fucks, not becuase they assume this habitus to further their dart throwing careers.

People seem more impressed with people who can physically crush them, than fat fuck that can throw a dart straight.

Popliar? Is that a drunk term, or what?

As to popularity, it falls along the lines of religion. It seems that if a certain number of people deem something to be right, that it is right. Bollocks, that is sheer sheep mentality.

:lol:

Right based on popliarity, heaven forfend a citizen of the USA using that logic.

Ewe Essay, Ewe Essay.

Busyman
04-08-2005, 01:43 AM

Shows what I know about professional darts. :unsure:

(they still are a bunch-o-fatfucks though, that plunge their hands in a can-o-beer nuts after every throw)

I haven't played darts since I was last at the pool hall.

manker
04-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Only hobbes could attack religion in Sports Club.

I might go and call the people in the Pope queue idiots in the Everything About This Board section.

Dartz is actually pretty athletic if you think about it, do you realise how much concentration and effort goes into the holding your forearm - which might weigh the same as an average teenager's torso - such that hitting the treble twenty three times is possible.

Some of them have biceps like Stallone in Over the Top.

JPaul
04-08-2005, 09:41 AM
I haven't played darts since I was last at the pool hall.
Are you not very good then.

Busyman
04-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Are you not very good then.
I'm very good at billiards.

I think if I grow my gut then I'll be better at darts.

Busyman
04-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Only hobbes could attack religion in Sports Club.

I might go and call the people in the Pope queue idiots in the Everything About This Board section.

Dartz is actually pretty athletic if you think about it, do you realise how much concentration and effort goes into the holding your forearm - which might weigh the same as an average teenager's torso - such that hitting the treble twenty three times is possible.

Some of them have biceps like Stallone in Over the Top.
....just wish it was muscle though....... :unsure:

Agrajag
04-08-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm very good at billiards.

I think if I grow my gut then I'll be better at darts.
Or practice 5 or 6 hours a day, whatever.

Busyman
04-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Or practice 5 or 6 hours a day, whatever.
At darts? Wastatime since teh interest ain't dere past it being soemthin' ta shoot da :shit:.

Agrajag
04-08-2005, 12:52 PM
At darts? Wastatime since teh interest ain't dere past it being soemthin' ta shoot da :shit:.
At anything. The truly great have both the talent and the dedication.

Busyman
04-08-2005, 01:17 PM
At anything. The truly great have both the talent and the dedication.
I view it the same as jumping rope.

We should rename darts

:01: Bar Archery :01:

Agrajag
04-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Good name.

We could just shorten it to Barchery though.

Busyman
04-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Good name.

We could just shorten it to Barchery though.
Arsery :unsure:

Agrajag
04-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Arsery :unsure:
No thanks, perhaps later.

Busyman
04-08-2005, 02:47 PM
No thanks, perhaps later.
:sick:

sArA
04-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Busyman pwnd.... :lol: :lol: :lol: