PDA

View Full Version : how many sessions on a multi session disc?

TheDave
03-31-2005, 06:54 PM
i'm wondering if i can put a tv series on a dvd but over a few months (the series)

so will it be ok to add an episode each week to a dvd or will too many sessions mess it up?

bigboab
03-31-2005, 06:56 PM
I have 8 Penn & Teller 'Bullshit' episodes on one DVD. :)

TheDave
03-31-2005, 06:58 PM
but from 8 sessions? meh its only ~40p a disc so theres not much to lose

manker
03-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Try it, if it messes up, it's only a DVD.

I reckon it should be fine tho'.

manker
03-31-2005, 06:59 PM
I see we're thinking along the same lines.

TheDave
03-31-2005, 07:01 PM
bollocks!

dont you hate it when you accidently draw a big line on your face with permanent marker :frusty:

JPaul
03-31-2005, 07:04 PM
I do that regular like, so the chaps can watch t'episodes as they come out.

I divint kna how many session it will take, but with phoaties it can be loads so I presume it's the same. Files is files.

manker
03-31-2005, 07:05 PM
I hate it more when someone else writes 'I'm bent' in permanent marker on your forehead because you fall asleep on the bus and then you don't notice it for hours :dry:

Snee
03-31-2005, 07:05 PM
I do that regular like, so the chaps can watch t'episodes as they come out.

I divint kna how many session it will take, but with phoaties it can be loads so I presume it's the same. Files is files.
You draw on your face?

TheDave
03-31-2005, 07:06 PM
i just got a warning that said some readers wont see a second session. i said i knew people and nero backed down

bigboab
03-31-2005, 07:09 PM
When you are using a DVD-R disk on a TV DVd Recorder you must 'finalize' the disk or most recorders wont recognize it.

JPaul
03-31-2005, 07:12 PM
So use DVD+R

manker
03-31-2005, 07:13 PM
When you are using a DVD-R disk on a TV DVd Recorder you must 'finalize' the disk or most recorders wont recognize it.You have a DVD recorder, I'm waiting 'til they get a little less expensive and bulky.

Mine supports DivX tho' :snooty:

JPaul
03-31-2005, 07:14 PM
You draw on your face?
Yes

It all started when someone wrote ""Manker's Bent" when I was asleep on the bus.

I didn't notice it for hours.

manker
03-31-2005, 07:16 PM
They capitalised my interweb name!!11 Those bar-stewards :angry: :angry: :busyman: :angry:

JPaul
03-31-2005, 07:16 PM
You have a DVD recorder, I'm waiting 'til they get a little less expensive and bulky.

The YAMADA > DVD Recorder.

I have a DVD Recorder now, got it from Makro for £100 plus the VAT. A cheapo Goodmans, works fine.

Currys are also doing a Matsui for £100

bigboab
03-31-2005, 07:18 PM
You have a DVD recorder, I'm waiting 'til they get a little less expensive and bulky.

Mines is not all that bulky, actually about the same as the VCR.* Has to be reasonable size to incorporate the Television side of it, like a VCR. I am guessing of course, someone will point out the errors of my ways. :)

* Wife will not use it. Does not trust it. :lol: I record a lot of Movies on it. :)

manker
The YAMADA > DVD Recorder.

I have a DVD Recorder now, got it from Makro for £100 plus the VAT. A cheapo Goodmans, works fine.

Currys are also doing a Matsui for £100Yamada rawks.

The ones for £100 look horrible, the cool ones cost more and some have ickle HDs in them.

JPaul
They capitalised my interweb name!!11 Those bar-stewards :angry: :angry: :busyman: :angry:
I don't even know what your bent is, tho' I hate to ask.

I am also confused as to why they would mention a part of your anatomy on my forehead (or fore anything else for that matter).

enoughfakefiles
03-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes

It all started when someone wrote ""Manker's Bent" when I was asleep on the bus.

I didn't notice it for hours.

This is why i stopped taking the public transport. :rolleyes:

manker
03-31-2005, 07:22 PM
Mines is not all that bulky, actually about the same as the VCR.* Has to be reasonable size to incorporate the Television side of it, like a VCR. I am guessing of course, someone will point out the errors of my ways. :)

* Wife will not use it. Does not trust it. :lol: I record a lot of Movies on it. :)They have to be that big so that in 6 months people will visit and think 'I bet the geptard paid top dollar for that and it looks shite, mine's seventeen times smaller and has extra features but only cost a tenner'

I still want one but missus manker doesn't see the point as we have sky+ :unsure:

bigboab
03-31-2005, 07:25 PM
They have to be that big so that in 6 months people will visit and think 'I bet the geptard paid top dollar for that and it looks shite, mine's seventeen times smaller and has extra features but only cost a tenner'

I still want one but missus manker doesn't see the point as we have sky+ :unsure:

Does not apply to me. They just say 'Which son/daughter bought that for you'? :lol:

manker
03-31-2005, 07:26 PM
I don't even know what your bent is, tho' I hate to ask.

I am also confused as to why they would mention a part of your anatomy on my forehead (or fore anything else for that matter).I thought maybe a bit of roddage was involved there so I deliberately avoided mentioning your flagrant abuse of the possessive apostrophe.

Since there is not then perhaps they ran out of space before the rest could be written or maybe you twitched and they bottled it. You'll have to recreate the scene and see if they come back to finish the job.

JPaul
03-31-2005, 07:32 PM
I thought maybe a bit of roddage was involved there so I deliberately avoided mentioning your flagrant abuse of the possessive apostrophe.

Covering your options old bean, a coward's way. Mentioning things by mentioning that you are not mentioning them

You, Sir are a craven cur. I spit on your bent (whatever it is).

manker
03-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Make sure you give it a good polish, then :naughty:

JPaul
03-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Make sure you give it a good polish, then :naughty:
Give your bent the old spit and polish.

I think this is my new euphemism for the onanistic endeavour.