PDA

View Full Version : Cd Image

BigEd35
04-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Hi All,

I would like to make an image file of the disc on my hard drive so that I don't have to insert the disc everytime I use the program. Is there a program out there that anyone could recommend? Thanks Much, Ed

Ad
04-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Winiso

Ad
04-06-2003, 06:26 PM
also why not use nero to burn the image to ur hardrive

BigEd35
04-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Thank you for the suggestions, I'll look for the iso program, but Nero does some wierd stuff to my computer...Apparently the cd-r in my puter isn't supported by either nero nor adaptec. I have a VPR Matrix, I even wrote them to ask if there was any particular programs to use, but they never answered. Thanks again, Ed

Wizzandabe
04-06-2003, 09:31 PM
make aiso then get a virtual drve thing so you can run it form a "fake drive letter"

McGee
04-07-2003, 03:50 AM
VPR Matrix comes with Lite-Ons... it should work. Maybe the cd-r is scratched or something?

ooo
04-07-2003, 03:52 AM
clone cd?

winiso
nero
isobuster

adamp2p
04-07-2003, 03:57 AM
You will find what you need here:

http://home.planet.nl/~brainwave01/

Nightwolf
04-07-2003, 04:53 AM
I'm not sure everyone here understands your question, BigEd. Are you saying you're running a program that requires you to insert the CD, and you don't want to have to do that? If you tell us what program it is, you might get more specific answers. Some programs only ask you to insert the CD to verify that you actually bought it. If that's the case here, you should be able to get a 'No CD' crack from a site like www.Megagames.com. If, on the other hand, it is actually reading info from the disc, you might be able to just copy certain files or folders to you hard drive. Or maybe you could reinstall, and see if it gives you the option to do a 'Full Install'.

Supernode
04-07-2003, 04:53 AM
120% alkohol

BigEd35
04-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all the replies, the program is printmaster gold, it ask for the program CD each time, and I would really like to be able to make things like cards or calendars without having to always put in the disc. My interest is really peaked by McGee's comment about lite on with the VPR Matrix. I've done a search and tried the help file, but I'm coming up empty for that....can you tell me some more about it, Please? Also, I completely forgot that I have clone CD on my computer. I don't have it active, so it slipped my mind, looking at it, one of the prompts is read to an image file. Is that what I'm looking for? I may have had what I need here at my fingertips the whole time! I really appreciate all the input! Ed

BigEd35
04-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Supernode,
Just finished installing Alcohol 120%, that is exactly and much better than what I was looking for! I highly recommend that program for everyone! It's incredible and the link you gave worked perfectly! Simple to set up and register! Thank You, thank you, thank you! I am going to go play now...LOL Have a Great Day All! Ed