PDA

View Full Version : CCleaner v1.18.101

{I}{K}{E}
04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free. :)

changelog
Entries in winapp2.ini now have priority over winapp.ini.
Updated to support Windows 2003 Server SP1.
Minor update to Uninstall Programs tool.
Fixed Options -> Cookies runtime error.
Fixed part of the Recent Documents cleaning.
Fixed MS Photo Editor cleaning.
Minor tweaks and fixes.

[Source (http://www.ccleaner.com/)]

S!X
04-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Just when i started to like this program.... Now i fuckin hate it... (since it deleted all my music... and other stuff)

Samurai
04-01-2005, 11:26 PM
That's impossible :dry:

S!X
04-01-2005, 11:29 PM
That's impossible :dry:

Thats what you'd like to think :dry:

tesco
04-01-2005, 11:34 PM
again. :lol:

Samurai
04-01-2005, 11:35 PM
So tell us how exactly this happened...

This should be interesting to read :)

S!X
04-01-2005, 11:41 PM
So tell us how exactly this happened...

This should be interesting to read :)

Well i just ran this new POS and it did it again.... I might as well reformat and give a big thank you to CCleaner in my own words "FUCK YOU" :dry: IT deleted all my tunes all my folde ricons all my start menu shorcuts....quicklaunch icons :angry:

EVERYTHING. :dry: :angry:

Samurai
04-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Well as far as I can see, this program could do no such thing, and I've been using it a while. So either:

i) Your April fools joke isn't working,
ii) You're a liar or
iii) Virii own your ass.

S!X
04-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Well as far as I can see, this program could do no such thing, and I've been using it a while. So either:

i) Your April fools joke isn't working,
ii) You're a liar or
iii) Virii own your ass.

lol well i ran the bitch twice and it did it both times.... :angry: I dunno if i should reformat again its a fuckin bitch phoning microsoft to get that fuckin number to register xp :dry:

worob
04-02-2005, 05:15 AM
lol well i ran the bitch twice and it did it both times.... :angry: I dunno if i should reformat again its a fuckin bitch phoning microsoft to get that fuckin number to register xp :dry:

guess you have some bad luck man lol

peat moss
04-02-2005, 05:13 PM

Sure wish you could figure out what your problem was , with this great little program. In all honesty I'v unistalled System Mechanic, Nsw , and regcleaner. I'll stay with this and regseeker. So many posts about programs that use less resources and ease of use. This seems to be one that I highly recomend, so kinda perflexed why it won't work for you ? :frusty:

Made me think of that other program, that zapjb, posted . Can't remember what it was called . Everyone but a few hated it , it was too simple . :lol: Sorry zapjb, but could not resist . :D

Snee
04-02-2005, 05:30 PM
He removed all invalid file-endings or something?

Would require him to have fooked up something else first, or have really dodgy music.

Or did he keep all of his music in a temp folder :blink:

peat moss
04-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Ya snny , I'm still scratching my bald head , trying to figure it out . :D

tesco
04-02-2005, 06:02 PM
He removed all invalid file-endings or something?

Would require him to have fooked up something else first, or have really dodgy music.

Or did he keep all of his music in a temp folder :blink:
he kept it in the my music folder. ;)

edit: peat moss, it was dustbuster that zapjb recomended. :D

peat moss
04-02-2005, 06:07 PM
@rossco , ah yes simple name . I await ,with baited breath for the flaming ! :D

Edit : Must say I liked it ! :P

imasoldier
04-03-2005, 02:38 AM
I have had that problem to it deleted all my icons and music. I had over 80 songs and its all gone also deleted a few game and half of my programs are working. That was only a week ago.

peat moss
04-03-2005, 05:03 AM
I have had that problem to it deleted all my icons and music. I had over 80 songs and its all gone also deleted a few game and half of my programs are working. That was only a week ago.

That sucks, would like to know what the two of you did wrong ? Temp files is all it deletes . But can config to make exceptions . What music p2p do you two use ? Mabye shared ? Sorry I'm racking my little brain here ! :)

Snee
04-03-2005, 12:41 PM
That sucks, would like to know what the two of you did wrong ? Temp files is all it deletes . But can config to make exceptions . What music p2p do you two use ? Mabye shared ? Sorry I'm racking my little brain here ! :)
My next guess would have been that it removed icons on the desktop you hadn't used for long and that it somehow took away all his music too, windows itself has that kind of function.

But he didn't keep his music on the desktop, so :blink:

What I can say that it hasn't done anything to me yet, it has only been useful, as it removed a couple of entries in the registry that I didn't need any more, but I can't say that it did much more of use. I just got it tho', so who knows.