PDA

View Full Version : If world war 3 broke out would you fight for your country?

Smith
04-02-2005, 08:21 PM
If WW3 broke out would you fight for your country? I dont know if i would, i guess it would depend on how bad it is.

If it was as bad as WW1 or WW2 i think i would.

TheDave
04-02-2005, 08:23 PM
ww3? and who'd be playing?

tesco
04-05-2005, 02:35 AM
Only if i was forced to. :dry:

GepperRankins
04-05-2005, 02:46 AM
really though. it would depend who was playing. if north korea decided to invade and try to take over or something i'd defend

if we got the massive terrorist campain we're always being promised, i'd probably investigate then tell the government to stop being geptards about whatever they're being geptards about

ziggyjuarez
04-05-2005, 02:59 AM
America vs China
comeing to you:2012

Barbarossa
04-05-2005, 08:49 AM
I would fight for the animals and plants

Guillaume
04-05-2005, 09:44 AM
It's not like you'd have a choice. There's this wonderful thing called mobilization.

Jon L. Obscene
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
No I would not fight for my country.

I would fight for those I love, but not for my country. I always said I would never wear a british uniform on principle.

The principle that someone might shoot at it :unsure:

Jonno :cool:

manker
04-05-2005, 11:12 AM
First of all I'd campain for the twinning of Wales with Switzerland but if that didn't come off I'm thinking my training thus far would lend toward me being more of a penpushing Captain Darling (without teh gheyness) rather than a Lieutenant George.

I'd, like, count stuff :unsure:

MCHeshPants420
04-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Can't really fight when you've been vapourized by a nuclear weapon...

bigboab
04-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Ill be like my dad. He fought in the First World War. But he still had to go.

manker
04-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Captain Darling is not available absent his "gheyness". ;)Then grease me up and call me Tarquin :kiss:

sparsely
04-05-2005, 11:36 PM
roaches would probably be about the only thing to survive a real WW3

and for the record, fuck no I wouldn't go.
I'd stay at home shooting heroin and drinking whiskey, watching the play-by-play on CNN.
and maybe try to find someone to have sex with. :P

MagicNakor
04-17-2005, 10:44 AM
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Einstein

:shuriken:

Snee
04-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I already got myself out of the mandatory defense training period (we got that here) by pretty sneaky means, I did that in part 'cos I thought it didn't make sense to learn how to kill people, while I was trying to learn how to save them.

If the war ever comes here, I'll help out at a hospital, in a field-hospital or at a civilian one. 'cos I'd rather leave the killing for someone else and try and save lives instead.

Biggles
04-17-2005, 01:08 PM
WW1 was a silly war and I would be loathe to participate in such a thing. WW2 was, on the other hand, a just cause. However, it is debateable if Hitler would have had an opportunity to rise to power if WW1 had not happened (reinforcing my position on WW!)

Consequently, I reserved the option to decide depending on circumstances.

It goes without saying that typical Scottish bloodymindedness would kick in if someone invaded here.

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2005, 01:30 PM
What actually constitutes a World War, it obviously isn't that the whole World is fighting.

So let us say, for the sake of argument that it's the population of those countries involved. Nope can't really be that, because WW1 would have involved a fairly small portion of the World's population.

Could it be which country(ies) are involved. Well the first and second definitely had GB and Germany, so it must be that. Seems an unlikely war just now, so I reserve judgement.

I think I'm also in one of those jobs where you don't actually get conscripted anyway, that and the fact I am way too old for active service. It seems I'll have to join manhands in the cushy office number. Pass me the KY old bean.

GepperRankins
04-17-2005, 04:38 PM
people used to think europe was the whole world and that the world was square.

until christopher columbus discovered the rest of it in 1973

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2005, 04:47 PM
people used to think europe was the whole world and that the world was square.

until christopher columbus discovered the rest of it in 1973
that's the same year he invented VAT

and the third dimension.

GepperRankins
04-17-2005, 04:58 PM
that's the same year he invented VAT

and the third dimension.
yeah i know all that. i did pay £30 for my historians degree :01:

enoughfakefiles
04-17-2005, 05:14 PM

Is there any left. :ph34r:

If war did break out i would get one of them DRACOJOE2 gun kits ready to go. :rolleyes:

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Is there any left. :ph34r:

If war did break out i would get one of them DRACOJOE2 gun kits ready to go. :rolleyes:
and a bazooka

http://www.lambiek.net/artists/morse_wesley/morse_w_bazookajoe.jpg

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2005, 06:13 PM
you should've got some apostrophes at t'same thyme.

enoughfakefiles
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
and a bazooka

http://www.lambiek.net/artists/morse_wesley/morse_w_bazookajoe.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I remember them.:imnotthatoldhonest:

uNz[i]
04-23-2005, 02:28 AM
It only takes one idiot to push a button...

...and the man who currently has the job is eminently qualified.

S!X
04-23-2005, 03:50 AM
Ive got 2 choices, Canada or America to fight for. Im goin with American :01:

GepperRankins
04-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Ive got 2 choices, Canada or America to fight for. Im goin with American :01:
glad we got that cleared up before the canada-america war starts

bigboab
04-23-2005, 05:26 PM
If America and Canada start fighting each other Greenlands population would triple overnight. :)

cpt_azad
04-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Definitely would fight for the defence of my country. I'm not all for going over and invading other countries. But lets say if it was US vs. China or a North Korean then yes I would go and fight overseas for my country (in the sense that if I did nothing nor did anyone else and my country would be invaded by the enemy [a little bit "iffy" on the North Koreans, I dont think they have the manpower to go and take over half of North America). In short, I'd only fight if it involved the defence of my country.

keyser_soze
04-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Yes I would I'd kill or die for my country.

keyser_soze
04-24-2005, 12:52 AM
could I change my vote I was fuelled on alcohol and testosterone and would like to change my vote too depending on circumstances :D

GepperRankins
04-24-2005, 01:01 AM
no worries. you're allowed to be overly patriotic today. twas a good excuse to get drunk

fkdup74
04-24-2005, 05:10 AM
yup. would have to...regardless of the circumstances
have to remember, there would be your countrymen, family, friends involved
no matter what the political reasons may be, I would do it

now if those dickheads in office would just keep their fingers off the button
fk it.....bring em anyway!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/fkdup74/bigun2.gif

Busyman
04-24-2005, 08:05 AM
yup. would have to...regardless of the circumstances
have to remember, there would be your countrymen, family, friends involved
no matter what the political reasons may be, I would do it
Exactly. ;)

GepperRankins
04-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Exactly. ;)
not really. if my government was in the wrong i wouldn't fight for them

fkdup74
04-24-2005, 03:25 PM

what if you had a brother that was drafted? or a best friend?
you would simply say, what?
"Sorry about your luck dude, but I'm a coward and cant be by your side." ?!?!?

hmmm.....'k thats not fair to you gep, as the leaders of the country could be absolute evil fkrs....
in that case I could understand, but,
then you could always mobilize against the evil bastards running teh country :D

100%
04-24-2005, 03:27 PM
war is irrational

edit: no - war is rational

hate is irrational
war is supposed to be hate

some wars are not hate

iraq was not hate

Snee
04-24-2005, 03:36 PM

You can't call someone a coward for going against what everyone else is doing, or for that matter for standing up for what he believes in.

If it's an unjust war then everyone who do go along are in the wrong, after all. Maybe the ones who don't object are the cowards in that scenario.

I don't think starting a war against your own government would be a stroke of genious either, even if they are wrong.

100%
04-24-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't think starting a war against your own government would be a stroke of genious either, even if they are wrong.

Look at most underdeveloped countries - their governments infrastructure is based on corruption - for many of the "small" people - a coup is the only way out -but generally this corruption is embedded in the system on all levels - so it will easily reapear.
In Lithuania this was the case - until they set up an anti corruption council and put tons of people in jail - (this was forced by the EU) now it is a different world.

GepperRankins
04-24-2005, 04:06 PM

hmmm.....'k thats not fair to you gep, as the leaders of the country could be absolute evil fkrs....
in that case I could understand, but,
then you could always mobilize against the evil bastards running teh country :D
it doesn't matter who i knew who got drafted, if it was unjust i'd refuse to play.

if my country was invaded by an oppressive force i'd fight for my country.

if my country invaded another country as an oppressive force i wouldn't fight. i would probably join a movement to get my government to back down (or just complain about it on the internet :naughty: )

should i look at the cowardice remark as jest or something more worrying?

S!X
04-25-2005, 11:01 PM
glad we got that cleared up before the canada-america war starts

Right. :ermm:

keyser_soze
04-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Ok I've read this back sober :naughty: and my official stone cold stance on the matter is is My country was being invaded or opressed I would fight to the death, if another country was being unjustly oppressed or invaded I would fight to the death (btw I have served) but if my country decided oppressed or invaded another country unjustly I would fight my government to the death :01: Something I watched on tv had a good qoute, sorry I forgot who it was but at the time of the second world war he said "for evil to prevail meant good people stood back and did nothing" which sums up the rise of the Nazi party.

another good 1 is "todays freedom fighters are tommorows terrorists" depending on wether you beilive in your government, best bet is to make up your own mind and keep it open. :unsure:

football
04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Keyser, this is a better quote:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

It is an outdated ideoloy, one of a bygone era but some still subscribe to it, that is there will always be some who will denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism or call them 'pussies' or 'cowards'.

The quote is internet famous but if you didn't know - Herman Goering first uttered it at the Nuremberg trials.

keyser_soze
04-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Well corrected I was close ;)

keyser_soze
04-26-2005, 10:52 PM
I believe that war is an absolute last resort, when people talk about wars often its often assumed iraq is the issue but I'm generalising a tad, iraq I think was 90% politically motivated, the point of a war is to make yourselves safer and strategically stronger which the iraq war achieved neither in fact it has to be said it actually played into terrorisms hands, Bin laden wanted to draw the U.S onto his ground where he could play the game on his terms which he has achieved,it also forced the u.s into taking thier eye off the ball giving chance for him to ecsape and even more recruits to his campaign.
Everyone has to fight for whatever they believe in I just hope that there is enough good in the world for ppl to fight for peace :unsure:
I watched something(I watch a lot of documentrys :D ) about a battle between the germans and french on ww1, the battle was an absolute blood bath and never has as much artillery been dropped in one area resulting in starving men with no ammunition who had been pounded for weeks eventually fighting hand to hand, 700 thousand ppl lost there lives in the battle that had no strategic adavantage but was motivated by how much points it would score from a propaganda point of view, the french president and german leader held hands in the 90's at the memorial site of the battle as a sign of respect and it may sound simplistic and nieve but I thought why did'nt they do that 80 or so years ago and 700,000 ppl could have raised families and had a full life like you and me take for granted :(

Yeah wars shit.

Busyman
04-27-2005, 01:07 AM
In what way?

I will say that I am a true patriot.

If World War broke out, unfortunately other countries might be gunning for me whether I agreed with government or not.

It's a weird thing. Being a patriot also means fighting for my own country's ideals even maybe if it's fighting against them if they have lost their way.

For that .....I have my guns. :devil:

Peerzy
04-27-2005, 01:31 AM
Depending on what side the Americans were on, and who they were invading fighting. We all know that if WW3 did break out it would likley be a West Vs. East, America Vs. The Middle East, and if Labour get elected then you can be sure Blair will have his head jamed up Bushes ass.

jetje
05-25-2005, 01:00 PM
if people could just forget borders and would ignore politicians..

War would become something from ancient times