PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Problem

Bebi
04-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Right when I try to download something firefox decides to put it on the desktop and I dont want this because my windows HD is small and so I do not want it going to the desktop but I cannot change the settings

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/darthkiller/download.JPG

so how can I remove download sort

exo_body
04-02-2005, 09:09 PM
hey, do you mean how do you get it to save somewhere else? like on an external hard drive?

Yuccaman
04-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Dont use this extension myself, but in Firefox, you can download Extensions by choosing the "Extensions" option from the "Tools" menu.

This will list all installed extensions and give you the option of uninstalling them.

Alternatively, the preferences of the chosen extension may let you select the download destination if you still want to use the Extension.....

peat moss
04-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Click show folder , then highlite where you want ! :)

tesco
04-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Click show folder , then highlite where you want ! :)
Wrong. :P The Show Folder button just opens up a window with the folder you chose to put your downloads in. :)

Click the little arrow beside where it says "My Downloads" and click "other..." then you can choose any folder/drive you want. :)

peat moss
04-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Wrong. :P The Show Folder button just opens up a window with the folder you chose to put your downloads in. :)

Click the little arrow beside where it says "My Downloads" and click "other..." then you can choose any folder/drive you want. :)

Well excuse me ! :P

Dubhguy
04-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Tools -> Options -> Dowloads Tab
Click the first button under the heading "Download Folder" and you choose where everything goes individually. Change the second option (the one right below it) to where you want everything to go.

Extensions are completely not needed in this case.

uNz[i]
04-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Type about:config into the FF address bar.
Type browser.download.defaultFolder into the Filter: field
Right click the text that should appear and select Modify.
A small window will pop up.
Overwrite it with the directory you want your downloads to save to by default.

Example for XP systems: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\[YourNameHere]\MY DOCUMENTS\My Downloads