PDA

View Full Version : Can you get corrupt files...

enoughfakefiles
04-03-2005, 04:32 PM
If you try to down load them all at once. What i mean is i had all eight going at once in grabit. I down loaded the brutus version of blade trinity from alt.binaries.movies.divx. And when i went to extract the first .rar for the first part of the film i found that the second .rar file was missing and it`s not in the list. So then i went to extract the second part of the film and there was a bout eight corrupt .rar files.

I know it `s not a good start to my newsgroup career but i could get used to it as the speeds are great. :D

Please help as i`m a total noob but afraid to admit it. :lol:

P.s can you add the newsgroup when you do search or is it just whats on your server list. By the way i`m on NTL. :D

{I}{K}{E}
04-03-2005, 05:01 PM
You need to use PAR2 files to fix it ;)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=87799

Peerzy
04-03-2005, 05:12 PM
If you try to down load them all at once. What i mean is i had all eight going at once in grabit. I down loaded the brutus version of blade trinity from alt.binaries.movies.divx. And when i went to extract the first .rar for the first part of the film i found that the second .rar file was missing and it`s not in the list. So then i went to extract the second part of the film and there was a bout eight corrupt .rar files.

I know it `s not a good start to my newsgroup career but i could get used to it as the speeds are great. :D

Please help as i`m a total noob but afraid to admit it. :lol:

P.s can you add the newsgroup when you do search or is it just whats on your server list. By the way i`m on NTL. :D

Im on NTL as well, i susgest you dropyour connections down to 3 or 4, you'll still get full speeds but less chance of a file getting fucked. Also with the post there will be some PAR2 files, grab them all and download a program called Quickpar. Open the first par2 file (the smallest one) with Quickpar and let it repair.

enoughfakefiles
04-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Well thankyou very very very much chaps. I downloaded everything again and used the par tool and hey presto it fixed it.I must be l33t now.1111!!!1111 :lol:

ZaZu
04-04-2005, 08:20 AM
did you try to 'retry' downloading the missing/corrupt files?
I've had file not download on the 'first pass' that did download by my choosing 'retry'

enoughfakefiles
04-04-2005, 04:22 PM
did you try to 'retry' downloading the missing/corrupt files?
I've had file not download on the 'first pass' that did download by my choosing 'retry'

I redownloaded it again but downloaded everything alse as well associated with it. Then used the par tool and it fixed it. :D

fkdup74
04-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Well thankyou very very very much chaps. I downloaded everything again and used the par tool and hey presto it fixed it.I must be l33t now.1111!!!1111 :lol:

hehehe, PAR files rawk dont they? :w00t:
i seriously cant see why more networks or peers dont utilize them :dry: