PDA

View Full Version : Epox mobo: yay or nay

Keikan
04-03-2005, 09:13 PM
ok i need a new mobo and if i want another asus its gonna take 2 months to use the warrenty or else i can get a free Epox EP-8RDA3I is that any good?

Formula1
04-03-2005, 09:51 PM
what cpu do you have ?

zapjb
04-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Nay

tesco
04-04-2005, 12:31 AM
not so sure.
I remember john lennon was putting down asus boards and saying that the epox ones were just as good, only a lot cheaper.
I've never really read any reviews on them or seen any benchmarks so i dunno. ;)

bigdawgfoxx
04-04-2005, 01:38 AM
is the epox from a different source....use the warranty on the asus and the epox untill u get the asus warranted

clocker
04-04-2005, 11:51 AM
ok i need a new mobo and if i want another asus its gonna take 2 months to use the warrenty or else i can get a free Epox EP-8RDA3I is that any good?
I don't understand what this means.
Two months to use what warrantee?
Where is the "free" Epox coming from?

Without knowing any of your PC's specifics, all I can say is that we have been quite pleased with Gigabyte boards lately, but the old faves- Asus and Abit, are good quality also.
I avoid MSI and DFI unless the customer specifically requests them, but that's just a personal aversion (I've had trouble with both brands in my PC, but that's not statistically significant).

Never tried an Epox so I don't know.

Snee
04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Nyay.

Asus has been good to me in the past, but my brother owns an Epox board now, which has been excellent so far, at a lower price to boot.

But if there wasn't any price-difference I'd go with the Asus for old times' sake.
Better overclocks there, I'd imagine.