PDA

View Full Version : The Sketch Show

Busyman
04-04-2005, 08:42 AM
I hope you guys have been checking it out..

It comes on FOX on Sunday nights.

Busyman
04-04-2005, 04:51 PM
....and it has Clowie from 24...doing comedy...weird :blink:

Mr. Mulder
04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
....and it has Clowie from 24...doing comedy...weird :blink:

She's got the face for it ;)

Tormentor
04-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Gotta say fuckin hillarious show. :lol: Didn't think it would be so good, but damn, they proved me wrong.

Cheese
04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I hope you guys have been checking it out..

It comes on FOX on Sunday nights.

Yeah, I've been checking this show out. It's not great but it always gets at least one laugh from me. The sign language guy in the first episode was teh funny.

Busyman
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Gotta say fuckin hillarious show. :lol: Didn't think it would be so good, but damn, they proved me wrong.
I like it because they jump straight in to each sketch with minimal set up.

Example (and this is right away):
Teacher is writing on chalk board and gets hit with a piece of paper then another then another then a whole barrage of shit...

He looks and says, "Alright who did that", and it's one little kid sitting at his desk. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sketch took all of 2 minutes. They pile it on.

GepperRankins
04-04-2005, 09:00 PM
are sketch shows new to america?

p.s. you ruined trigger happy tv you bastards

Busyman
04-04-2005, 09:12 PM
are sketch shows new to america?

p.s. you ruined trigger happy tv you bastards
Of course not. :blink:

GepperRankins
04-04-2005, 09:20 PM
i think we had one called "the sketch show" and it was shit :unsure:

cpt_azad
04-05-2005, 02:35 AM
but this one is "kelsey grammer's sketch show" ;)

wow the sarcasm even surprised me there for a bit.

Mr. Mulder
04-05-2005, 07:26 AM
i think we had one called "the sketch show" and it was shit :unsure:

yeah, that was bollocks :ermm: got the first ep of this new one d/l now :01:

puscifer
04-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Some sketches require a bit of dialogue, like the one with the irish jockey, or the one buying the 'special' bus ticket. But some of them are so dumb and obvious its just a ripoff of monty pyton. Another great sketch format, this one in animation, is Robot Chicken.. awsome :)

Busyman
04-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Some sketches require a bit of dialogue, like the one with the irish jockey, or the one buying the 'special' bus ticket. But some of them are so dumb and obvious its just a ripoff of monty pyton. Another great sketch format, this one in animation, is Robot Chicken.. awsome :)
How is it a rip of Monty Python? :blink:

Did they take Monty's material?

Mr. Mulder
04-08-2005, 06:04 PM
How is it a rip of Monty Python? :blink:

Did they take Monty's material?

They most certainly did! :ohnoez:

I don’t believe this poo :ermm:

Just downloaded and watched the Pilot to this and not only does it star one of the tossers from the British version this is based on, it has the same jokes ffs! :ohmy:

I hated the original, didn’t see many episodes, about three. And from the 15 mins and 23 seconds i could stand of this, I noticed at least 5 of the exact same sketches, with the same bloke :ermm: And it’s even stealing the same jokes from Monty Python as the original :no:

They better not be marketing this as an original, it’s the equivalent of watching the US version of The Office :sick:

Might help if they had some actual comedians too, has poor old Mr Kelsey really been reduced to this? He used to be so good :no: :earlyseasonsofcheers:

Busyman
04-08-2005, 06:38 PM
They most certainly did! :ohnoez:

I don’t believe this poo :ermm:

Just downloaded and watched the Pilot to this and not only does it star one of the tossers from the British version this is based on, it has the same jokes ffs! :ohmy:

I hated the original, didn’t see many episodes, about three. And from the 15 mins and 23 seconds i could stand of this, I noticed at least 5 of the exact same sketches, with the same bloke :ermm: And it’s even stealing the same jokes from Monty Python as the original :no:

They better not be marketing this as an original, it’s the equivalent of watching the US version of The Office :sick:

Might help if they had some actual comedians too, has poor old Mr Kelsey really been reduced to this? He used to be so good :no: :earlyseasonsofcheers:
Damn so this is a remake.

Well, either way the episodes I saw were funny as hell. I did notice a British fella on the show.

Mr. Mulder
04-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah, Lee Mack. He has the same role really as he does on the original – he was also teh funniest out of the original to some extent :ermm:

Definitely a remake, no question about it :ermm:

Busyman
04-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Yeah, Lee Mack. He has the same role really as he does on the original – he was also teh funniest out of the original to some extent :ermm:

Definitely a remake, no question about it :ermm:
I have no problem with remakes as long as they are good.

The American version makes laugh and that's all that's needed for me.

I even watched another episode of The Office (American version) and that particular episode was funny.

I hated the first episode with a passion. I think the one I liked was good 'cause it didn't focus as much on that dweeb main character.

Mr. Mulder
04-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Definitely nothing wrong with (good) remakes, which is exactly what the uber hawt Battlestar Galactica remake proved - Can’t wait for S2 which is a 20something episode order :01:

Busyman
04-09-2005, 05:05 AM
Definitely nothing wrong with (good) remakes, which is exactly what the uber hawt Battlestar Galactica remake proved - Can’t wait for S2 which is a 20something episode order :01:
It is set for June.

pagandead
04-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Forgive me but I just don't find the show funny at all. Seems to me most of the jokes are pretty stale. But maybe i'm just getting old. :blink:

Smith
04-09-2005, 05:15 PM
This show is garbage, its just another FOX cashgrab

parknabd
04-10-2005, 06:49 AM
i enjoy this one