PDA

View Full Version : X-Files 2 Gets Closer

Mr. Mulder
04-04-2005, 09:34 AM
David Duchovny told SCI FI Wire that he, Gillian Anderson :wub: and Chris Carter are on board for a second feature film based on their hit TV series The X-Files and that the project is inching toward becoming a reality. Carter would write and produce, while Duchovny and Anderson would reprise their respective roles as FBI special agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. "As far I know we're all getting very close to saying that it would be shooting sometime early next year," Duchovny said in an interview while promoting his latest film, House of D, a drama that he directed. "So it's much closer to being a reality than in the last couple of years."

:w00t:

We also know for sure (due to previously released info) that the film will be a standalone, so that n00bs can pick it up quickly with no problems. It’s also intended to be Mulder & Scully central, although Carter does want Doggett & Reyes included.

It’ll be interesting to see how they fit all this around 2012, the only reasonable time it could be set before “The Truth” parts 1 and 2 is maybe a few episodes before them. Those were the only ones to have all 4 agents active. And even then Mulder wasn’t working for the FBI in the strictest sense of the word :ermm:

Plus, with the mess the final two episodes would have left for Mulder & Scully, I’d be surprised if either of them would be able to continue their work on The X Files (though Scully could maybe get away with it).

Also, do you think we’d find out what happened to Kursh? How Mulder could get back on US soil without the people who want him dead succeeding?

There’s just so many question that need to be answered, I hope Carter makes a proper go of it. In fact I’d rather he’d somehow have the film set in an early season, 3 or 4 maybe (if he can make the duo look young enough) instead of ignoring important questions. It would be nice to have a little bit more closure.

He’ll probably think of a clever way to have a standalone and answer questions without them interfering with the plot.

Busyman
04-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I hope this one is good 'cause the first one wasn't all that and I'm an X-Files fan. :ermm:

Mr. Mulder
04-04-2005, 05:07 PM
:ohmy: The first one rawx0rd with teh luv!!111 - imo it did anyway, because it was mythology heavy, and preferring that just a little bit more to standalone, the film came across as excellent :D

The look on some peoples faces when they came out of the cinema saying “wtf?” :lol:

Busyman
04-04-2005, 05:09 PM
:ohmy: The first one rawx0rd with teh luv!!111 - imo it did anyway, because it was mythology heavy, and preferring that just a little bit more to standalone, the film came across as excellent :D

The look on some peoples faces when they came out of the cinema saying “wtf?” :lol:
Well what I mean is it's not a movie that people talk about too much now and most couldn't tell you what the movie was about.
It did have some good parts though.

I said it before that I prefer the adventure episodes of the TV show versus the wraparound story. This movie happened to be about the wraparound story.

Snee
04-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Yesh!!!11!

I'm hoping for closure too, too much was left unfinished :(

ApacNTS
04-04-2005, 10:15 PM
i was a huge xfiles fan, but after season 8 or 9, the one before the last, i stopped watching. i mean i loved gillian, god knows. but without duchovney man it just didnt feel right. i heard the last episode wasnt very good, with dead people coming back and recaps of shit unanswered. i see xfiles are out on dvd, 100 bucks for season 1, it's insanity. i would like to see this movie come out tho, i enjoyed the first one, watched it atleast 20 times. best of luck to them all.

Busyman
04-04-2005, 11:00 PM
i was a huge xfiles fan, but after season 8 or 9, the one before the last, i stopped watching. i mean i loved gillian, god knows. but without duchovney man it just didnt feel right. i heard the last episode wasnt very good, with dead people coming back and recaps of shit unanswered. i see xfiles are out on dvd, 100 bucks for season 1, it's insanity. i would like to see this movie come out tho, i enjoyed the first one, watched it atleast 20 times. best of luck to them all.
Yep X-Files has been out on disc for years.

It shouldn't cost $100 though.

puscifer
04-06-2005, 01:37 PM
They should just use the premise for the movie and do a whole new series. Not that Carter has been much busy anyways..

Frohike
04-06-2005, 06:58 PM
I think we all know that a new movie would be a complete success if it stared me and the delightful Agent Scully, and they got rid of that Mulder completely, Or maybe made him my sidekick.

My show would also get picked up for a second season fo’sure, I’m sure they could write me back in somehow, via this dead people talking link.

Busyman
04-06-2005, 07:41 PM
I think we all know that a new movie would be a complete success if it stared me and the delightful Agent Scully, and they got rid of that Mulder completely, Or maybe made him my sidekick.

My show would also get picked up for a second season fo’sure, I’m sure they could write me back in somehow, via this dead people talking link.
Hey Doohicky, why are you talking like you are an actor or something and not actually Arcadia? :blink:

Frohike
04-06-2005, 08:27 PM
I don't know what you're talking about :snooty:

Busyman
04-06-2005, 08:28 PM
I don't know what you're talking about :snooty:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ApacNTS
04-07-2005, 02:03 AM
it's true, each season is at cheapest 89.99...places like sam goody it's 99.99. ebay only sells those asian versions, dont want that crap.

Busyman
04-07-2005, 03:40 AM
it's true, each season is at cheapest 89.99...places like sam goody it's 99.99. ebay only sells those asian versions, dont want that crap.
I bought mine off Canadian websites. I remember paying $50 for season 1.

Another time to pick up cheap season discs is Black Friday.

I never buy shit from Sam Goody, FYE, Sun Coast or any of those mall stores.
They are erroneously high priced.

Mr. Mulder
04-08-2005, 01:01 PM
ApacNTS, It might be worth your time looking into the region 2 sets that have recently been re-released in the UK. They’re the same deal as the old sets but in stronger packaging, and at a fraction of the price – about £26.99 a piece ;)

Linkage (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=181141&p=57&g=72&pa=sr) - All 9 seasons are out, you'd just need a site that ships to the US

Got all mine on VHS, happy enough with them too :)

abu_has_the_power
04-08-2005, 08:26 PM
sounds pimp. my mom's a huge x files person :blink: :huh:

pagandead
04-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Whoa. I didn't even know they were even thinking about another movie. Sweet. I used to watch the tv series religiously but quit watching when mulder was gone. I guess some day I should watch it just to see what happened.

parknabd
04-10-2005, 06:56 AM
x-files is great

Mr. Mulder
04-14-2005, 08:55 AM
I heard on the radio last night that Duchovny and Anderson were in talks with Chris Carter and that the second film has now been officially announced and that filming should commence this year. w00t! :01:

Frohike
04-14-2005, 09:20 AM
No ones been in talks with me yet :(

Mr. Mulder
04-14-2005, 09:22 AM
No ones been in talks with me yet :(

:dry:

Mr. Mulder
04-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Mulder, Scully ready for 2nd 'X-Files' flick

Can you handle the truth? It's about to be out there again. Plans haven't been announced, but they're under way for another "X-Files" movie, which will reunite David Duchovny as Special Agent Fox Mulder with Gillian Anderson as Special Agent Dana Scully.

"I'd like to shoot next winter," Duchovny told GLARE this week.

Of course, there has been quite a lag since the last "X-Files" film in 1998. "We did the first movie while the show was still running. It was madness. It was like a full 22 months in a row of just shooting 'X-Files,' " Duchovny recalled. "It was crazy for all of us."

Afterward, there also was a little "X-Files" backlash. "When the show ended, it was our time for people to turn on us and say, 'Oh, the show lost it,' " said an upfront Duchovny. "Now, it's years later and time for people to remember how great the show was. Now, I hear, 'We're sorry we ever said you lost it. Come back. But is it still true you and Gillian don't get along? We need to know.' "

Well?

"We get along fine," Duchovny insists. "We e-mail each other all the time."

As for plot secrets of the new "X-Files" movie, he said, "It will be like one of our stand-alone episodes instead of about topics such as Mulder's sister or the whole alien conspiracy. It will be more like we'll have a creature, a thing, a bad guy. But it won't be your average run-of-the-mill bad guy. He will be paranormal, weird and a megabad guy. And Mulder and Scully will be on it.

"I see the next movie as a thriller in the vein of 'Silence of the Lambs,' " he says. "That will be different from the first movie, which was more about the aliens."

He hopes to hook new fans, too. "Pardon the pun, but we don't want to alienate people who don't know about the show. We want to draw in people with this film who have never watched the show."

Speaking of which, guess who watches the show now on TNT? Yes, it's Mulder himself. "When we were making the episodes, I'd say, 'Wow, some of them aren't so good.' But now it's on TNT. I'll be flipping around. I'll see one and say to my wife Tea [Leoni], 'This is really good. And I don't even remember the story, so I'm going to watch the whole thing.' I'll get involved and -- honestly -- I don't remember what happens next.

"Mostly, I'll sit there thinking, 'Mulder and Scully are cool. They have that elusive thing -- chemistry," says Duchovny. He also found chemistry with his wife, who stars in his directorial film debut "House of D," which opens April 29.

source (http://www.suntimes.com/output/music/cst-ftr-xfiles21.html)

A pathetic interview, but still.....very good :01:

Mr. Mulder
07-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Frank Spotnitz, co-executive producer of The X-Files, told SCI FI Wire that a second feature film based on the television series is still in the works. "My deal has been done—and I'm not exaggerating—for a year and a half," he said in an interview at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting his new series, Night Stalker. "There are other deals, and you can guess who the people are [who are] involved, and I don't know why they're taking so long. It's very frustrating to me. I hoped the movie would be done now."

Spotnitz said that the lack of a deal has so far prevented him and creator Chris Carter from writing the script, but they know what the story will be and are looking forward to writing it. "Obviously, I'm very busy right now, but it means a lot to me," he said. "I would love to do it, and I wish that we could get all the business things in order so it could happen. ... These are things that happen between lawyers, and I'm not privy to it because it's not my deal. But I know [stars] David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] want to do it. I know Chris wants to do it. I don't know where the holdup is. But I hope it happens. I remain optimistic it will happen. If you'd asked me a year ago, I never would have believed it still wouldn't be in the works at this point." Spotnitz's new show, Night Stalker, premieres Thursday, Sept. 29, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

:impatientfoottapping:

ApacNTS
07-31-2005, 08:46 PM
heh i havent seen gillian in so long its pathetic. thanks all for the info about region 2 sets. :)

Mr. Mulder
05-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Spotnitz Writing X-Files 2

Frank Spotnitz, the mastermind behind much of the mythology of The X-Files, told SCI FI Wire that he has signed on to help write the next movie based on the hit series, but that the new movie won't deal with the show's byzantine conspiracy arc. "There's still a very good chance that we will all do another X-Files movie," Spotnitz said in an interview. Spotnitz was an executive producer on the show, which starred David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson; it ended its nine-year run in 2002.

One point of contention in getting a second X-Files film off the ground: Series creator Chris Carter is still wrangling with 20th Century Fox over legal matters. "David, Gillian and I, and even Chris Carter, all have deals in place, and once the legal issues are over with, we will go on with it," Spotnitz said. "I'm hoping it will get resolved soon."

Although the script isn't written, the idea is already developed, Spotnitz said. He added that Fox likes the idea, which harkens back to the series' stand-alone episodes rather than the conspiracy to cover up the existence of extra-terrestrials, which was the subject of the first X-Files movie.

"No, we're not going into the mythology [in the sequel]," Spotnitz said. "One of the things that was exciting about doing it is to not make it a mythology story, and it's like one of the stand-alone episodes. It's a bit scary. Of course, we will catch up with the characters and what is going on in their lives, but it's not about the alien conspiracy. It's not about that." The first X-Files movie came out in 1998.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=36201

Fook The World!1111 :01:

chojin
05-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Oh Wow, I loved the X-Files. I remember when they came out on Video and they cost £90 each, I brought them all. Then the DVD's season 1 and 2 came out and I got them from DVDBoxoffice in Canada for $166 CA EACH. Choices a couple of months a go were having a SciFi sale and I got the remaining 7 DVD BoxSets for £12.99 EACH OMG :0

I, like ApacNTS said, lost interest when Spooky left and the story fell apart for me. I love the first movie and sit and watch it hypnotised seen it now 30 - 40 times I don't know I lost count ;)

Mr. Mulder
05-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I, like ApacNTS said, lost interest when Spooky left and the story fell apart for me.

How Very Dare You! the story did not "fall apart", it moved on and developed, from colonization and intervention to super soldiers - which was hinted at in earlier seasons so its not even like they just made it up as they went along. And Doggett & Reyes were brilliant. fact.

chojin
05-21-2006, 05:08 PM
nar the show was nothing without Spooky

Mr. Mulder
05-21-2006, 05:18 PM
you Sir, are wrong.

chojin
05-21-2006, 09:47 PM
I Sir am entitled to an opinion so :tease:

Mr. Mulder
05-21-2006, 10:19 PM
not on my interweb your not :snooty:

technologya
05-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Van wait to see how it will be

scribblec
06-04-2006, 07:20 AM
the only thing i remember bout the first one is them being stuck in alien pods o.0

ApacNTS
06-04-2006, 01:52 PM
naked scully, of course mulder had her held tight as a pair of latex pants on a 40inch ass, couldnt see anything but the silohette. be nice to see the new one tho, even tho i havent seen xfiles from season 7-9 :(

livewirerules
06-08-2006, 09:58 AM
yehh i cant wait until it gets released!!!

ej595
06-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Im not sure they're getting back together, the last i heard they called it off cos Gillian wants to focus on her UK theatre career.

Mr. Mulder
07-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Ya Gillian said that, but im still hopeful :01:

Bowman Eager For X-Files 2

Rob Bowman, who directed the 1998 movie version of The X-Files, told SCI FI Wire that he's open to helming a follow-up—but that he hasn't been asked yet. "I would be honored to direct it," Bowman said in an interview while promoting Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King, the upcoming TNT anthology series. "The only thing is I can't ask myself to do it. That's up to [The X-Files creator] Chris [Carter] and the studio. I've always said—and I've always believed, most importantly—I can't wait to see that film. If I'm invited to participate as a director, great, and if I'm not, that would be fine, too."

No start date has been announced for The X-Files 2, which has been delayed in part by Carter's legal battles with 20th Century Fox over revenues from the old X-Files series. But the pieces look to be in place for the project to finally come together, and all of the principals have said they're interested in coming back.

"It's Chris' show, and David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] are the face of the show," Bowman said. "If it's not me, I can live happily knowing that I had my great time on the show. If I do get it, hey, man, I'm going to kill myself making the best movie I possibly can."

Bowman cut his directing teeth in television, helming multiple episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation and The X-Files, among other shows, as well as the movies Reign of Fire and Elektra. Most recently, Bowman directed two episodes of Nightmares & Dreamscapes and the pilot of the upcoming ABC SF series Day Break, which is slated for a midseason debut

DorisInsinuate
07-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Hopefully they'll replace Gillian with a younger, hawter redhead :01:

Mr. Mulder
07-07-2006, 09:15 AM
:mellow:

DorisInsinuate
07-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Isla Fisher is hawt, but I really hate fish.

zali1
07-13-2006, 01:27 AM
wow man Gillian Anderson she is a like fire Hot and sexy

Skillian
07-13-2006, 10:52 AM
There is a film crew on the roof of the office next to me here in SW London, and an hour ago someone wandered into our office. When asked what he was doing, he replied he was here for the X-Files :cool:

Is it possible filming has already started?

tezmo
07-13-2006, 04:40 PM
As much as I'd like to see X-F2, I think these things are always better in the anticipation than in the realisation - let the x-files rest.

timfromspaced
08-14-2006, 04:39 PM
I am going to re-watch the X-files, at which point should I watch the movie?
I can't recall :o

{I}{K}{E}
08-14-2006, 04:42 PM
I am going to re-watch the X-files, at which point should I watch the movie?
I can't recall :o

between season 5 and 6