PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who

Barbarossa
04-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Loving the new Doctor Who... Just thought I'd share that..

Anyone else? :huh:

MCHeshPants420
04-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah, good stuff. Can't wait for teh daleks to be back.:ph34r:

Shame Eccleston has quit as the Doctor already though, he's perfect for the role imo.

sArA
04-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Anyone know where I can dl the second ep? I bloody missed it on saturday and didn't realise there was a repeat on sunday....... :crying:

{I}{K}{E}
04-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Anyone know where I can dl the second ep? I bloody missed it on saturday and didn't realise there was a repeat on sunday....... :crying:

http://btefnet.net/

Peerzy
04-04-2005, 11:27 PM
I have both of them so far, if you want them just pm me Sara.

sArA
04-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Getting it now...cheers :)

puscifer
04-06-2005, 01:23 PM
I dl the preview documentary about it, where they went through all the Dr.'s. Here in Portugal we missed out on Dr. Who, thanks to our cheap networks, thank god there's the inet, so i'll be watching these new eps now.

Illuminati
04-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Got it the same way as Sara - Cheers for the link IKE :D

Still, it was a pretty good episode :) Would have watched it, but it was either Dr Who or the 30th birthday party of my brother and his bird :)

puscifer
04-10-2005, 09:12 AM
This last episode was nice "unquiet dead", so i guess time travel is going to be the premise in this thing..

Barbarossa
04-11-2005, 10:04 AM
This last episode was nice "unquiet dead", so i guess time travel is going to be the premise in this thing..

Umm... yeah, That's pretty much what Doctor Who is all about... :blink:

I take it you mean instead of space travel.. looking at the episode guides, they do seem mostly Earth-centric, maybe this has something to do with the "Time War" they keep alluding to..? The Doctor might be keeping his head down somewhat.. :huh:

sArA
04-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Many of the earlier series were also rather earth centric. Watched ep 3 last night and loved it...they seem to have hit all the right buttons so far, a good combination of humour and tension...

If this keeps up, I can't see andy reason why it won't be a huge success.

My fears that it would go all serious like the batman movies and therefore lose the point, are so far unfounded.

roll on episode 4 :)

gillxx
04-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Love the new Dr. Who,quirky sense of humour and very entertaining.

Missed episode one, but managed to catch up OK.

Have now seen all the Doctors right from the beginning.

In this series, Billie Pipèr is much better than I expected.

Cant wait for next Saturday.

MCHeshPants420
04-12-2005, 02:29 PM
I can understand the logic in keeping the episodes Earth-centric for now in that they are trying to capture a new audience at the same time as catering to the dedicated "Whovians". I'm enjoying this new series a lot, CE is great as the Docotr just a shame he's not staying on.

sArA
04-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Love the new Dr. Who,quirky sense of humour and very entertaining.

In this series, Billie Pipèr is much better than I expected.

Cant wait for next Saturday.

I just wish she would stop saying 'fink' instead of 'think' cos it really irritates me.

MCHeshPants420
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
I just wish she would stop saying 'fink' instead of 'think' cos it really irritates me.

:lol:

I was finking that as well.

Tago Mago
04-15-2005, 02:39 PM
The new Dr W is good, but it feels like a bit of a damp squib now that Ecclestone isn't doing the next series. But it is pretty good. Scripts are well written, and Billie can actually act a bit.

Syncmaster
04-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Just finished watching the new dr.who

the episode is world war three. one of the best to date. :D

Cant wait till next saturday another new episode of DR.WHO

Barbarossa
04-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Next week's episode is "Dalek". :ohmy:

I'll be rearranging my living room first so there's enough room to hide behind the sofa... :wacko:

sArA
04-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Can't wait for the Daleks....

So...someone has a rusty one chained up and imprisoned.....

Just a word of warning.....DO NOT UNCHAIN THE DARLEK......they are EVIL I tell you! They will exterminate us all....!!!!!!!!!!

Illuminati
04-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Still glad to see from the preview that they've got the same electronic voice that would make a small child crap him/herself :D

But is it just me or do the previews kinda dampen each week's episode as you know what happens (most evident in WW3's second-part preview at the end of the first-part)

MCHeshPants420
04-25-2005, 11:03 AM
I've been watching old Doctor Who/Dalek episodes. Right back to the first one with William Hartnell, great stuff.:D

Got them off Kazaa as well. :ohmy:

express98
04-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Can't wait for the Daleks....

So...someone has a rusty one chained up and imprisoned.....

Just a word of warning.....DO NOT UNCHAIN THE DARLEK......they are EVIL I tell you! They will exterminate us all....!!!!!!!!!!
Its thursday nite just seen it again on tv its still chained up but im scared very scared,just shoot it kill it now lol im a 30 something and remeber em as a kid and they still freak me out that voice exterminate............i will be watchin it upstairs cos i know they cant get up lol

MCHeshPants420
04-28-2005, 07:45 PM
i will be watchin it upstairs cos i know they cant get up lol

They can hover. Have done since Remembrance of the Daleks. :ph34r:

Barbarossa
04-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Still glad to see from the preview that they've got the same electronic voice that would make a small child crap him/herself :D

But is it just me or do the previews kinda dampen each week's episode as you know what happens (most evident in WW3's second-part preview at the end of the first-part)

Never mind a small child, I crap myself everytime I see that trailer. :cry:

...and I agree with you about the trailer straight after the cliffhanger.. (although I guess we knew the doctor wouldn't die though, huh?) ;)

Gripper
04-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Poor old Dalek,Doctor showed his nasty side eh

sArA
04-30-2005, 07:57 PM
I never thought I would see the day when I actually felt sorry for a Dalek....

Still, nice to see a bit of Dalek destruction....

Did anyone notice that the Dalek seemed to pop out of existence rather than explode?

Hmmmmm makes one wonder....... :shifty:

Barbarossa
05-03-2005, 09:30 AM

They'll be back.... :cry:

Gripper
05-03-2005, 03:44 PM
I always thought Daleks had balls of steel but that was immpressive always wondered what they were for :lol:

Barbarossa
05-06-2005, 03:30 PM
The BBC website has a cracking little game where you can be The Last Dalek (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/games/) :)

Gripper
05-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Just watched the latest episode,getting back to the good creepy stuff..
Mummy,mummy are you my mummy

great stuff looking forward to next weeks episode :01:

cobrav2
05-25-2005, 05:07 PM
I personally think the new doctor who is brilliant, its funny, lighhearted and if you've got nothing better to do well worth a watch.

namzuf9
05-25-2005, 11:02 PM
I'm a long time Doctor Who fan and I've gotta say I'm really enjoying the new series. The beeb have managed to capture all the humour and quirkiness of the doctor(s). The SFX are nicely dont distract from the content and plot. Its also great to see a family show that manages to scare without resorting to gore and violence.
My two kids (boy, 9 and girl, 8) love watching it even if it means they have to cuddle up to me and my partner and hide behind a pillow! After all, thats what Doctor Who's all about!! :)

I must say I am dissapointed to hear that Eccleston and Piper are quitting after just one series. Does anyone know how many regenerations we have left?

MCHeshPants420
05-26-2005, 12:35 AM
I'm a long time Doctor Who fan and I've gotta say I'm really enjoying the new series. The beeb have managed to capture all the humour and quirkiness of the doctor(s). The SFX are nicely dont distract from the content and plot. Its also great to see a family show that manages to scare without resorting to gore and violence.
My two kids (boy, 9 and girl, 8) love watching it even if it means they have to cuddle up to me and my partner and hide behind a pillow! After all, thats what Doctor Who's all about!! :)

I must say I am dissapointed to hear that Eccleston and Piper are quitting after just one series. Does anyone know how many regenerations we have left?

I'm enjoying the show as well, it is great TV.

I think we have 10, 11 and 12 to go withregards to regenerations. But The Master cheated this in the Paul McGann movie (which I liked) so I'm hopeful we'll have Doctors for some time yet.

Billy is great and she's not bowing out just yet, anyhow companions come and go. It will be a shame to see her go though.

spinach
05-26-2005, 12:55 AM
mediocrity killed the cat

Taken Aback
06-01-2005, 12:22 AM
I think we have 10, 11 and 12 to go withregards to regenerations. But The Master cheated this in the Paul McGann movie

He's been cheating for longer than that. ;)

Technically, he's no longer a Timelord, just an arch-enemy really. I'd say nemesis, but I always considered that synomynous with the Moriarty/Holmes relationship (two sides of a coin), and going by the series/telefilm, The Master doesn't even have a body anymore.

I'm more anxious to see the Cybermen come back properly, not just a head. :D

sArA
06-05-2005, 05:53 PM

Anyone who saw last nights trailer......

I just knew it!!!!! Wiley bloody creatures them Darleks......me scared :yikes: :fear2:

crysmileyguy!
06-07-2005, 05:52 AM
dr.who rules! i might get the old 1s see how they r :cry:

shame theres only 2 left then theres another out for xmas and thats it i think unless they make a season 2 :cry:

Gripper
06-07-2005, 02:56 PM
dr.who rules! i might get the old 1s see how they r :cry:

shame theres only 2 left then theres another out for xmas and thats it i think unless they make a season 2 :cry:

Aslong as you don't expect to much in the SFX department,you'll love the old ones lots of cliffhanging endings..John pertwee was always one of my favourite docs,also loved Tom bakers portrayl,had a couple of amusing companions

Gripper
06-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Run...Hide ...The feckin Daleks are Coming......Extererminate...ahhhhhhhh

Guillaume
06-11-2005, 11:29 PM

Daleks ain't so tough... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/4077698.stm) :lol:

Gripper
06-12-2005, 05:59 PM

Daleks ain't so tough... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/4077698.stm) :lol:
Nice one,seems armless enough :)

jazzthefunk
06-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Im after a torrent link for e12 dr Who can anybody help?? Please :smoke:

Barbarossa
06-15-2005, 10:13 AM

Anyone who saw last nights trailer......

I just knew it!!!!! Wiley bloody creatures them Darleks......me scared :yikes: :fear2:

3 days to go... :ohmy:

I don't like the look of those 200 spaceships, and all the daleks swarming out of them... :(

sArA
06-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Can't wait! Them Darleks are evil buggers....only just got out from behind the sofa....and there is more to come! Just such a shame its only one series....

@barbarossa.....love the avatar :)

namzuf9
06-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Im after a torrent link for e12 dr Who can anybody help?? Please :smoke:

If you're still having problems finding a torretn for ep12 try www.torrentspy.com,
its on there adn thankfully I've been able to get all the episodes I missed :)

Gripper
06-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Run ..Hide... they're coming

DanB
06-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Cybermen next series :01:

Bodom
06-18-2005, 10:35 PM
wow..Dr. Who..I used to crack out on it. I have seen so many episodes of that. the Tom Baker years were my favorite..I think the last guy I remember as the doctor was called Slyvester Mccoy?? I need to get on and dload the new ones..the TARDIS rocks.

Josh
06-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Anyone got n e idea where i can get the Ep 11 release Boom Town that FoV released its the PROPER of the Gothic one i found 4 sources on e mule thats it there must be more of it sumwhere plz help.