PDA

View Full Version : Limewire vs Kazaa lite

nat
04-07-2005, 06:44 AM
hey i was just interested in getting opinions from people on the board here what they think of limewire as oppose to kazaa lite or any other filesharing program as i'm thinking of switching over. So just post your thoughts

thx

OhMyGod
04-07-2005, 08:28 AM
LimeWire has much less fake files to download compared to Kazaa Lite. LimeWire is also adware/spyware free and is one of the best file sharing programs available. I switch to LimeWire awhile back and I love it. I just kept getting fake files with Kazaa Lite. I hardly get fakes on LimeWire.

Good Luck :D

Peerzy
04-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Niether, there both shit.

OhMyGod
04-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Niether, there both shit.
Then what would you say is best to use? I don't think there is anything better to use than LimeWire or BitComet. :unsure:

Peerzy
04-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Then what would you say is best to use? I don't think there is anything better to use than LimeWire or BitComet. :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Newsgroups, Private FTP's.

Mr. Blunt
04-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Limewire is better than Kazaa Lite because KL is just nothing but fake files now.

nat
04-08-2005, 06:04 AM
true it seems that way but i tried using limewire and it seems that their search function is slightly slower than KL's and i keep getting "need more sources" does that happen to anyone else all the time?

@Peerzy
cos private FTP's are just that easy to find now then huh? seriously how do people find them i feel like once again i'm being kept out of the loop.

orcutt989
04-14-2005, 03:59 PM

Hahaha.

Peerzy
04-14-2005, 04:13 PM
@Peerzy
cos private FTP's are just that easy to find now then huh? seriously how do people find them i feel like once again i'm being kept out of the loop.

You do not find then, they find you, hench why they are private, you are kept out of a loop for a reason, for the secruity of other members because chances are you'll go blagging to your mate who tells this guy he knows and so on.

nat
04-16-2005, 08:53 AM
what do you mean they find you?

Djtima
04-16-2005, 10:40 AM
yeah id have to say limewire does the Job very well...
there is hardly a fake file on there & theres heaps of sources for all kinds of music not just the mainstream bullshit music

Peerzy
04-16-2005, 10:44 AM
what do you mean they find you?

If they think you are worthy or have something decent to offer, they'll contact you.

Rat Faced
04-16-2005, 09:35 PM
If they think you are worthy or have something decent to offer, they'll contact you.

Yep..

Only an idiot gives his ftp address out to people he doesnt trust

Blaidd
04-16-2005, 10:30 PM
I would say that since Limewire has always been using the gnutella network (I could be wrong, but this is what i thought) it ranks easily above any of the Kazza clients. Here's another question though: Limewire isn't the only gnutella client out there. How does it rate in comparison to other clients like Bearshare and what not.

NOTE: I haven't looked into the client for the gnutella networks in a long time since when I was using them they weren't able to actually download what I was looking for, so Bearshare may not be out there and Limewire may not be using gnutella anymore. In those cases I apologize for the incorrect info.

Blaidd

nat
04-18-2005, 09:45 AM
i would have to say that there does actually seem to be alot of fakes on limewire. Of course you can usually tell by looking at the size of the file but still there seems to be alot of those ipod ads being the fake files. Distributer?