PDA

View Full Version : question regarding XBOX!

sameer0807
04-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi,

I'm soon gonna buy a xbox and will install modchip. My question is, If i download xbox games from torrent sites and later burn them onto a DVD, will the xbox be able to read the disc with a mod chip?

I don't need to download cracks or anything right?

Please advice....i need some info!

Thanks,

Duffman
04-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Yes if you burn them right. But you can't play them online.

suprafreak6
04-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Yes you can....thats what a modchip is, it allows backup games. (hahahahh my ass bootleg straight up) Any ways go for it man XBOX ROX

sameer0807
04-12-2005, 03:19 AM
Yes if you burn them right. But you can't play them online.
I can't play online?? damn...why? does it check for somethin?

Rip The Jacker
04-12-2005, 03:26 AM
Yeah chipping your Xbox will most likely get you banned from Xbox Live... for obvious reasons.

neevakee
04-12-2005, 04:35 AM
but you can play through xboxconnect or xlink just check out xbox-scene.com

sameer0807
04-12-2005, 08:30 AM
but you can play through xboxconnect or xlink just check out xbox-scene.com

So how does Xboxconnect works? I know that you need to have a computer running interent to use xboxconnect....but how does it work with xbox?

Will there be a internet wire comming out of xbox connecting to a pc or something?

Also does it mean, if i play games online on xbox through xboxconnect, will I be able to play with peeps who have xbox live?

SingaBoiy
04-12-2005, 08:55 AM
If you ask me, you should go with a less 'permenant' option if you are worried about XB Live. Check out the softmod tutorial. That way you can remove it if you want to play on Live :)

sameer0807
04-13-2005, 03:18 AM
I think i will go with Xboxconnect, because I m looking to play burnt games. Xboxconnect supports most of the games I'm looking forward to play online.....So now there's no way i will use Xbox Live.

Just one more question, If i burn xbox games and play em with modchip, and then use Xboxconnect to play online, the game won't ask for anything else right? I mean no cracks or anything right? Will i be able to play burnt games online with Xboxconnect with no prb?

silent h3ro
04-13-2005, 03:28 AM
You dont need ne cracks. :)

sameer0807
04-13-2005, 04:51 AM
You dont need ne cracks. :)
yep that's wat i thought! But still wanted to get things clear.

Thanks for your help!

sameer0807
04-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Oh one more question, Would i be able to play PAL version dvd's on my modded xbox? Or only NTSC is supported?

asmithz
04-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Yes and No, It depends if you TV supports both. Most likly if you TV was made after 1990 then it supports both.

sameer0807
04-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Yes and No, It depends if you TV supports both. Most likly if you TV was made after 1990 then it supports both.
If that's the case, then my TV was made in 2004.
awesome!
Thanks mate...Cheers :-)

Duffman
04-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Sorry I haven't around for much help and answers, had a bit of a problem with my motherboard... Ill post that in a little bit.

Less Permanant, thats a joke. You get a modchip that has an on off switch, all of them since about 2 years ago have that. They allow you to switch to different sets of bios for different tasks, such as running burnt games on a different dash board, to running linux without having to reflash.

The reason you can't play online is because xbox will detect the modified bios when it searches for updates or scans your box, so you have to turn the chip off and boot via stock bios, which is just a mere flip of the switch. BUT with the mod chip turned off to allow xbox live in you make it impossible to play the burnt games.

Anything else I missed?

FinalTheorem
04-25-2005, 12:37 AM
You missed that if you slip just once, and try to play on XBL with the mod chip ON, you'll get your account, and IP address banned. Be careful.

Peerzy
04-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Your Ip or Xbox is not banned.

Your EEPROM (Or something like that code) Code that is linked with your hand drive is banned. Fix it by simply buying a new code (there like $5) from Xbox-Scene.

Duffman
04-25-2005, 03:33 AM
I tried to sign on once with the modchip enabled, the chip blocked the xbox from trying to attempt a connection with xblive.

FinalTheorem
04-27-2005, 02:25 AM
Well that's good. My friend has a modded Xbox, and he forgot to filp the little switch just once and he got his IP address banned. He had to call the cable company and get them to change his IP address and then create a new XBL account. Maybe the new chips are smarter. He modded his about a year ago.