PDA

View Full Version : E-mule

TNTIcemanTNT
04-07-2003, 12:55 AM
Thought Id start a topic about Emule. In my opinon i both love it and hate it. Your almost guarenteed the correct download which does not have any errors with it, great plus for emule, as Kazaa programs are mainly corrupted or fakes :D And then on the other hand sometimes it can take so long for a download. And the major minus for Emule is that If you download say 2 cds of a large game and see that almost everyone else trying to upload the 3rd is missing the same parts as you. Therefore, youd have to cancel them all as theres only a like 1 person with the 3rd cd lol.

Well, at the moment I am trying to download only 1 cd games as a result of the above, but I hope enough are willign to share to be able to get more than 1 cd :P So E-mule, I love ya and hate ya at the same time :lol:

Post your views on it.
TNTIcemanTNT

Twist3r
04-07-2003, 12:57 AM
i like it cause no corrupted files and they got NEW games with sources

Rocktron
04-07-2003, 01:03 AM
I tryed Emule a few times. But everytime it does weird things to my Startbar Icons.. they vanish! :blink:

A friend of mine downloads all the new movies for me and i put them on Klite to share them (yes those people exist ! :unsure: )
Movies like The Eye, Below, Altered States.

So i must say that Emule has a lot of cool new Files that's true, but i just don't like what it does to my system!

marine_aart
04-07-2003, 01:17 AM
WTF is emule?

Wizzandabe
04-07-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by marine_aart@6 April 2003 - 21:17
WTF is emule?
you don't no a lot do you, e mule is a shit p2p app. damm it is shit got like 300 users sharing 1000 files i used it once i got adsl 512k and i was dling at the speed of a 56k i was uploading faster, cos you got to upload in order the download.

Nightwolf
04-07-2003, 02:00 AM
I just started using eMule recently, and so far I really like it. There are several games and movies that I've been searching for on Kazaa for a long time, and I found them all right away with eMule. Yes the downloads take a while, and the software is still a little buggy, but I think someday it'll be ready to challenge Kazaa for the top spot.

SolidWing68
04-07-2003, 02:22 AM
e-mule can shove it

SideSwiped
04-07-2003, 02:34 AM
Emule rocks, but then again, not everyone has over 3000 clients to call credit in on.

EnJoi
04-07-2003, 03:01 AM
hate hate hate it if it was like kaaa with no server connecting crap id love it

MagicNakor
04-07-2003, 03:03 AM
I like eMule. I almost like it better than K++, because so many more hard-to-find files are on it.

Wizzandabe, you could try switching servers. ;) And searching globally (not just on the server you're on) helps a lot too.

:ninja:

thisiswhoweare
04-07-2003, 03:21 AM
I love the program (doesnt use the full download bandwidth (uses about 40-50 out of 75)) But the searches are very good for finding rare files.

Ive prob downloaded more on emule than kazaa in a year. Total uploaded = 30Gb and Total downloaded = 100GB in a month period.

imported_The__One
04-07-2003, 04:58 AM
I like emule more then K++ for some things, and K++ better then emule for others...this has already been stated 100 times, but here goes: K++ is good beacuse it has the best speeds, and if U want popular files, Kazaa is perfect :D , however, emule, although mutch slower then kazaa, has a LOT of games and movies, wich are not corrupt...so is it better to download a corrupt/fake file at 100kbps, or get the real thing at 10kbps??

Bottom line is: Use both, and put SoulSeek is for a complete package :lol: :lol:

p.s: besides ther's always a server with good ping (100-300ms), and with a lot of users and files available for me :D

Nightwolf
04-07-2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@6 April 2003 - 18:03
you could try switching servers. ;) And searching globally (not just on the server you're on) helps a lot too.

That's exactly right, MN. People who say they hate eMule might not realize this. You need to update your server list, then pick one with a low ping and a lot of files (double-click on it to connect to that server). And when you search, use 'Global Search' - you'll get more results that way. Like I said before, it's a great program once you learn how to use it. They just need to make it a little more user friendly.

BROCKSTER
04-07-2003, 05:16 AM
emule is very good for newer stuff slower a lot slower at times but mmore reliable

itay
04-07-2003, 12:57 PM
i like Emule cuz i can get newer stuff than any other programme i know, and the files are never corrupted :rolleyes:
but on the other hand, it takes hours to DL a song, not to mantion a movie or a game
that why i use kazaa, when i DL them i got DL in 80k....
but pick your favorite....

Timz
04-07-2003, 02:27 PM
eMules good for the rare file, it suks for common movies and games that you can jsut get off of KaZaa much much much faster :)

kAb
04-08-2003, 03:10 AM
i've never tried it :blink:

maybe i should... i think i will. thx guys :D

lazbabba
04-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@7 April 2003 - 03:21
I love the program (doesnt use the full download bandwidth (uses about 40-50 out of 75)) But the searches are very good for finding rare files.

Ive prob downloaded more on emule than kazaa in a year. Total uploaded = 30Gb and Total downloaded = 100GB in a month period.
30GB up and 100GB down... hmm there is a name 4 ppl like you ;-)