PDA

View Full Version : Doom ROE: sound problem

(>Zero Cool<)
04-15-2005, 10:13 PM
....as in there ain't none :(

Hi

wondered if anyone can help me. When i play roe the sound works fine for a short period but within about five mins it just goes. I have to escape out to the menu and set it to stereo or surround (makes no diff as long as i change it) the sound comes back for a bit but then goes again. Granted this makes the scary noises slightly less....well scary....however it does hamper the ameplay somewhat :crying:

Anyone got any ideas if you please? Not had this problem before :huh:

Zero

Snee
04-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi.

Tried new drivers and all that?

I know you told me what mobo you have, but I forgot :pinch: so plz do so I can look around a bit.

Oh yeah and tell me what soundcard you have as well.

Also, do you have ati tools installed?

'cos that screws with the sound on nforce boards, at least.

(>Zero Cool<)
04-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Hiya SnnY :)

I know you told me what mobo you have, but I forgot :pinch: so plz do so I can look around a bit.

abit ic7 max3

Oh yeah and tell me what soundcard you have as well.

onboard (the abit) realtek 97

Also, do you have ati tools installed?

Nope

'cos that screws with the sound on nforce boards, at least.

ps Laurel and Hardy :happy:

Snee
04-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Right, can't really find anything specific online, so I'm not sure what exactly is the matter.

I have two suggestions though: the first one is that you try and turn down any monitoring software like we talked about. I know that it was with nforce boards you could solve that problem this way, but you never know.

The second suggestion is that you get hold of another soundcard, 'cos I know, from experience, that those realtek cards aren't always that great.

But you could try altering the sound output to two channels in windows, if it isn't set to that already, at least you might have stereo then.

Lastly, have a look at the latest drivers.

http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/driver/drivers.php?categories=1&model=130

Maybe new drivers for the chipset and/or sound could solve it.

(>Zero Cool<)
04-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the help SnnY :)

I have messed about..reinstalled the whole game and addon, changed my drivers etc etc and .......for the time being ....it seems to be ok. If it goes again I'll post back.

Thanks again ;)