PDA

View Full Version : Audio crackles / distorted help

jabby85
04-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey there, can someone please help me.

Lately, everytime i play a mp3 on my pc, the sound crackles. it would play ok for 2 seconds then crackles. I mean erm, like static/distorted etc, if ya get me. I tried playing dvd's, avi's on my pc and theres no problem. Well, most of the time there's no problem except now and again regarding vids.

I went into Gspot and looked at my codecs (the 'all codecs and filters' bit) and found i had loads and loads! As they are color coded, i saw that some codecs had a problem according to gspot.

I'm not sure what soundcard i have and hope i dont need to do anything to my hardware as i'm hoping this is just a codec problem.

Can someone place tell me how to clean my pc from the codecs? Do codecs go out of date? I ask this as i've only ever downloaded the full klite codec pack (probably about 18 months - 2 years ago), the divx (i think) and any codecs that come with software.

What is the best way to solve my crackling audio problem? Do i need to uninstall all my codecs and get the latest ones....if so how and where?

Help is appreciated. I dont know much about codecs. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

DarthInsinuate
04-16-2005, 06:17 PM
do you have a VIA motherboard? it's a very common problem, try searching for it on Google.

the fix that works for me is turning down the wave volume in Volume Control to below half

kazaa2002
04-18-2005, 10:14 PM
jabby85, try this link to sherlock
http://sherlock.corecodec.org/
this program will place codec's broken in Red text in the list that you have installed.

sometime you may just need a update , just think back...did you
install something new?

response to your question will be slow...members are trying out new arcade
site that just opened and they are discovering old games.