PDA

View Full Version : How to Uninstall Via 4in1's?

mr. nails
04-17-2005, 12:03 PM
i installed the 4in1 4.55's and their not located in my add/remove programs. the 4.56's are out, but i always uninstall old drivers be4 installing new ones. when i installed the 4.51's that came with the cd they showed up in my add/remove programs and were able to uninstall. maybe i'm missing something? i'm used to nvidia chipset and are easy to uninstall. help? thx.

peat moss
04-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Mabye try a video driver cleaner.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

mr. nails
04-17-2005, 09:27 PM
i haven't visited dc's page in awhile. i c they have a new one. i currently have dc3, but apparently this one is improved. thx. i think it's pretty silly it doesn't have an uninstall file or at least something in my add/remove programs. thanks for ur time.

mr. nails
04-22-2005, 11:28 AM
i've installed the new dcpro and it doesn't have any via option in there. does anyone else have an idea on how i should remove these drivers? thx!

lynx
04-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Whenever I've installed the Via 4-in-1 drivers they've just overwritten the ones already there, so no need to uninstall the old ones.

In fact there's a good reason why the old ones aren't removed - they are hardware drivers so you have to remove the associated hardware (in device manager) to remove the drivers. It CAN be done by this method, but there's no need because you can simply use the driver rollback option if the new drivers don't work properly.

fkdup74
04-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Whenever I've installed the Via 4-in-1 drivers they've just overwritten the ones already there, so no need to uninstall the old ones.

same here, and never had a problem :)

but, if you really just have to uninstall first....
(I am running an nVidia chipset now, so I'll have to try and jog my memory a little....)
I think that there is a VIA uninstall utility
try looking in the C:\Program Files for a VIA folder and look in there,
or maybe it was put straight in the C:\ directory, cant remember :unsure:
or unpack the archive from the new drivers to a temp folder and see if its in there

mr. nails
04-22-2005, 07:03 PM
thx. i installed them over the 4.55's and so far so good.

also, is there a way to tell what drivers u have installed? or do u know cuz u know what u've done? thx.

edit: there was no via folder.

peat moss
04-23-2005, 01:56 PM
You can use Device Manager to see driver versions . Pess the windows key and pause/break . Then hardware.