PDA

View Full Version : Burned CD but now it wont play

dOomed
04-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I burned a DATA CD with a bunch of albums and videos on it. The burn was succesful. Since my hard drive does not have that much space left, I deleted what I burned from my computer, since I will have it on the CD.

Well, that was yesterday. Today I put the CD on to watch some of the stuff, and it says "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function"

The CD burned correctly but for some reason I get that error message. So I tried playing it on my MP3 player, and It wont play. :(

What happened?

Cant I do a system restore to the time I had all the videos and albums on my computer?

Filliz
04-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I burned a DATA CD with a bunch of albums and videos on it. The burn was succesful. Since my hard drive does not have that much space left, I deleted what I burned from my computer, since I will have it on the CD.

Well, that was yesterday. Today I put the CD on to watch some of the stuff, and it says "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function"

The CD burned correctly but for some reason I get that error message. So I tried playing it on my MP3 player, and It wont play. :(

What happened?

Cant I do a system restore to the time I had all the videos and albums on my computer?

I don't think a system restore will get you your albums and videos back.
It only works with software you installed/removed.

Well I never used system restore for this kind of thing anyway,so i could be wrong.

Peerzy
04-17-2005, 08:33 PM
System Restore will bring none of your files back.

Chances are the cd has become scratched or because it was a cheap cd has degraded and will no longer work.

Try it in another pc but if you get the same error start re-downloading all your albums.

baccyman
04-18-2005, 12:52 PM
maybe the cd needed to be finalised when you burnt the cd.