PDA

View Full Version : RPG for PC

ready1
04-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Looking for a good RPG for PC, something with good graphics, and good gameplay, but not an mmorpg. All suggestions are welcome.

Adster
04-18-2005, 02:09 PM
morrowind
Knights of the Old republic 1 and 2
Vampire Bloodline (good latest RPG Ive played has some bugs though)

vegeta_ssj12
04-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Divine divinity.

newcombe6
04-18-2005, 04:26 PM
indiana jones and the fate of atlantis

need windows 98 tho i think cos its so old

slim150
04-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Vampire Bloodlines is real good, its not so polished but its not a boring level up'er

ready1
04-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Yeh none of those really interest me, except indiana jones and the fate of atlantis, which is more an adventure game than an rpg. Any more suggestions?

MagicNakor
04-19-2005, 06:00 AM
Planescape: Torment is an excellent RPG.
Betrayal at Krondor is a good RPG.
The Baldur's Gate is also good.

However, all three of these are fairly dated now, and don't have graphics comparable to what's possible today.

:shuriken:

newcombe6
04-19-2005, 08:35 AM
i always liked jaged alliance 2 for the pc - but its more of a strategy rpg (like shining force 3) than a traditional rpg

ready1
04-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Planescape: Torment and Jagged Alliance 2 sound good but I don't like that isometric point of view, i've been searching for ages seems like theres no good, recent, 1st or 3rd person rpg's that interest me, World of Warcraft sounds good for an mmorpg but I don't want to have to play lots just so i feel like i'm getting my moneys worth

MagicNakor
04-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Well...what *do* you like? ;)

:shuriken:

ready1
04-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Well, I wanted something like morrowind, except better graphics and envoronments that don't look so empty, just something where you go around to different towns, doing different quests, that has a storyline worth following and good graphics to boot. I thought there was going to be lots of RGP's like this to choose from but apparently not.

imasoldier
04-20-2005, 04:05 AM
Diablo 2 + expansion is a good rpg kept me on that shiz for 9 years from diablo 1 to expansion not best gfx but prob most popular one. I like Morrowind for Pc because you can build anything you want with an editor. Or download a whole bunch of mods to add in the world so you get unlimited quests. The downside on that is to much reading. This isn't Rpg but Empire Earth 2 is coming out in about a week or 2 and that is gonna be a kick ass strategy game with very nice gfx. I hope some of that helped for ya.

ready1
04-20-2005, 04:37 AM
Yeh Empire Earth looks sweet I will definately be getting it when it comes out, i'm downloading the multiplayer demo now.

Has anyone ever played Might and Magic VI: The mandate of heaven, I played it years ago and I guess I was looking for a game like that, just with todays standards of graphics, gameplay etc.

ready1
04-21-2005, 05:17 AM
bump

vegeta_ssj12
04-21-2005, 02:00 PM
If you want a game like Morrowind you should wait for oblivion.

in the mean time you can play Guild wars for the PC next week.

ready1
04-22-2005, 06:40 AM
oblivion doesn't look to bad, are there any other rpgs with good graphics at all?

vegeta_ssj12
04-22-2005, 11:42 AM
not as nice graphics as Morrowind.

Fable on the Xbox might get close but that game is hardly a RPG, it looks nice and is kinda funny but the Gameplay is horrible not too mention the Evil/Good concept is the worst of the worst. You can't even imagine its from the creators of Black & White.

Nah, wait for Oblivion.

ready1
04-24-2005, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't consider Morrowind as having good graphics, from the screenshots and movies I have seen.

Adster
04-24-2005, 10:28 AM
world of warcraft id like to play but its only online game... meaning id have to buy it hahaha :lol:

MCHeshPants420
04-24-2005, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't consider Morrowind as having good graphics, from the screenshots and movies I have seen.

The game is a couple of years old now but the graphics are still pretty good. I've always felt that graphics weren't the most important part of a decent RPG game anyhow...

Anyhow, Neverwinter Nights with all the expansions is still a good game. Again the graphics might not be pleasing to today's shallow gamers but the single player missions are great, huge modding community (and thus a massive amount of campaigns to do) and you can play multi-player if you want.

Adster
04-24-2005, 11:35 AM
theres always final fantasy VII no doubt best FF game Ive played out of the lot but the worst graphics out of the lot!!!

shows that graphics doesn't mean all

I agree though morrowonds graphics weren't that crash hot

scott_pd
04-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Guild Wars will be released on the 28th of this month. the game is online only but is totaly f2p.

amazing graphics from what i have seen from the screenshots and videos. the game isnt all about spenidng hours by yourself leveling up, the game is about working with others to over come all your goals. there are individual quests designed for you, meaning that you go to somebody and they give you a random quest designed for your and your party, so potentialy there are hundreds of quests.

this game just looks so amazing its unbeliveable, plus it doesnt have the extra £8 a month to play online.

ready1
04-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Looks pretty sweet, has anyone played it?

Supernatural
04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
The Kinights Of The Old Republic games are good. Graphics, story, gameplay, you name it.

ready1
04-28-2005, 03:02 PM
I've heard that kotor 2 has a pretty crappy storyline, and they look more like action games than RGP's to me.

Shiranai_Baka
04-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Looks pretty sweet, has anyone played it?

I've played the beta, it was awesome but making items was hard as hell and I had no idea where to buy armor.

Snee
04-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Well, I wanted something like morrowind, except better graphics and envoronments that don't look so empty, just something where you go around to different towns, doing different quests, that has a storyline worth following and good graphics to boot. I thought there was going to be lots of RGP's like this to choose from but apparently not.
In case you feel like playing more morrowind there are a lot of plugins to make it look nicer and less empty.

So that's always an option.

Just found this :blink: (http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/nakor/), nice work, 'nakor :unsure:
And then there's always this place. (http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB7)

I used to check it daily back when I was playing morrowind...daily.

Oh yeah, and fable is an excellent game. It's just that some people can't seem to grasp the concept of it.

Arcamean
04-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Actually, If the graphics are bad for morrowind, search for a MOD, I used to have a site that had hundreds of them and several which improved the body physics dramaticly. If you like nude models they have em, or simply improved non nudes up to you, If I find the site again ill link it.

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods.asp

This is an Excellent Place for getting MODs. Just be sure to read how to install them, else youll get a crap load of 3D questionmarks in game, lol.

ready1
05-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Downloading lots of mods looks to be a bit of a hassle, but rpgplanet.com is not a bad site, wish I had of found it earlier.

Wolfmight
05-01-2005, 01:35 PM
It appears all of the best RPGs are online. Damn mmporpg company's and their virtual reality...err..online this time!

For classics, here are some rpgs you can try out for starters. or if your enjoy, beat em even :-) (no need to worry, these can all be emulated on a PC as well)

GBA - Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (half rpg/half farm sim. One of the best GBA games out there. The gameplay's variety of things to do is similar to GTA San Andreas. You can work hard on growing things, goto a bar, make relationships, etc etc..tons of secrets)

Snes: Earthbound (One of my favorite rpgs for the Snes. A cozy rpg with modern/futuristic items and cool stuff. Using a guide, you could beat it within 2-3 days or go a week on your own. There is also a gamegenie code that allows you to add a hidden character into your crew anytime during the game. Some levels are tripped out us such as Nes's dream and Nes's nightmare.)

Playstation: legend of legaia. Very fun, the myst contains the evil seru, whilst a good power slightly exists locked up withing certain points of the world. The battle sequences are kinda cool, since you learn many new magic and book arts such as Torrrrrnado Flammmme! Try to collect all the seru magic spells.. i personally enjoy Freed. This crystal lion appears and freezes the enemy into a giant ice ball...then it shatters into many pieces..impressive for the playstation one to produce those graphics.

Shiranai_Baka
05-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Wait for fable! Fable!! Woot! That game looks pretty fun.

Tikibonbon
05-01-2005, 04:22 PM
It appears all of the best RPGs are online.

Knight Online is pretty decent and free, too. :-P

ready1
05-07-2005, 05:01 AM
Might give that one a go, whats the community like?

Haz
05-07-2005, 12:43 PM
I just picked up Guild Wars yesterday, best 50$ I've spent on a game in a long long time. I'm not even to level 10 character wise yet and I'm addicted.

Theres a ton of stuff to do, great story (from what I've seen of it so far), a great character creation system, beautiful graphics, fun community, and best of all no monthly fees!

If your looking to pay for a game then definatley check it out.

ready1
05-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Yeh someone else I know is plannign to buy it, so I think I might then..only thing is they bring out new chapters or whatever they call them that you have to pay extra for if you want to play in them, which means more money outlayed and perhaps a lesser range of people in these new ares.

Money Fist
05-08-2005, 09:48 AM
I havent read this all but u said u want somthin like morrowind with better graphics =
NeverWinter Nights
this game took so many hours of my life

Haz
05-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Yeh someone else I know is plannign to buy it, so I think I might then..only thing is they bring out new chapters or whatever they call them that you have to pay extra for if you want to play in them, which means more money outlayed and perhaps a lesser range of people in these new ares.

True enough, but there's quite a bit of content in this one, enough to keep you playing for a while, you'll get more than your moneys worth, no question about that. But anyway It's something to think about at least.

ready1
05-11-2005, 06:16 AM
Yeh..i'm almost off the idea of rpg's..been getting a lot of work lately, I think i'l just buy myself a legit version of counter strike source, then I can just play whenever I want, don't have to worry about anything other than picking it up and playing for however long I want.