PDA

View Full Version : Which MMOG should I go back to?

Illuminati
04-18-2005, 04:25 PM
After a while away from WoW, I've grown a little bored of it. And with my first year at uni almost coming to a close, I feel like reminiscing and moving back to an old MMOG of mine for the next few weeks.

Only problem is which game to go for:

There's Planetside, which has its troubles apart from lag & that bloody overpowered chaingun. But there is something fulfilling about attacking an enemy base on all sides (especially if you're in a Liberator bomber over said base, chucking down anti-personnel carpet bombs like rain :devil: )

Then there's Star Wars Galaxies. Yes, it's ended up being nothing more than bloody Jedi Wars. But the space battles are pretty cool, and then there's the Rage of the Wookies expansion coming in the next month or so :)

Another alternative is Neocron II. God knows who would decide that the same game with better graphics should be considered a sequel (except maybe EA), but actually pointing a gun and firing it is more relaxing (especially after a tough day) than targetting a mob and selecting 'Attack'. Only thing that's stopping me is the piss-poor accounts system that ReaKKtor (NC2's developers) decided to use.

Then, there's EVE online. Mining is about as relaxing as meditating on tranquilisers but there I can always write a macro for it :) Still, it's decent enough to fly around in beautiful space.

And last, there's WoW again - A decent game, redoes everything established from past MMOGs and does them well, but in the end there's nothing really new - Except maybe better landscapes & graphics and the such.

Only problem is that I can't decide which to go for - I'll do the Lounge thing and post it here :D So which should I go for?

GepperRankins
04-18-2005, 06:12 PM
my mate got final fantasy 11 two weeks ago and hasn't been seen since :(

manker
04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
:blink:

ziggyjuarez
04-18-2005, 07:04 PM
my mate got final fantasy 11 two weeks ago and hasn't been seen since :(
um...he might be dead :ermm:

GepperRankins
04-18-2005, 08:31 PM
um...he might be dead :ermm:
i never thought of that :ohmy:

MCHeshPants420
04-18-2005, 08:35 PM
I get bored of them after I pay the subscription fee...:(

SWG was quite good but too samey after a while, EVE Online was just horrid for its tiny font size.

ahctlucabbuS
04-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Then there's Star Wars Galaxies. Yes, it's ended up being nothing more than bloody Jedi Wars.

What was the secret formula to reveal a force sensitive account?

I remember there beeing an awful amount of fuzz about this back when I had nothing better to do than to read up on the hype.